Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Actually, considering this post, may be we should just scrap it
    That would be a little but good contribution from the Curia to the site

I know there is humor in your statement, but we (well i )knew this day would come. More than two years ago I proposed that the site would need to raise money in order to continue to improve the functionality of the site. (Senate proposal) While proposal was limited in scope, it would had function better as a "Board of Trustee" while the admin (Hex) act like a Board of Directors. In other words, the former, responsible for financial aspects of the site and long term strategic planning, the latter would be responsible for the day to day operations.

Some time ago, one of the most important suggestions I made was developing a Strategic Plan for the direction of the site. This was especially important given the challenges of Steam and competing content for the site. Of course all of this takes a proactive decision maker to ensure its suggest. However once a strategic plan is created, the owner would not need to be involved as long as there was an understood perimeters of the execution of the plan.

As for the Curia, it needs to revisit its roots. reward contribution with "awards" but leave citizenship for those that are exemplary posters. The goal is to get guest to sign up, post and through posting, become citizens provided they are exemplary in doing so. The day of posting like a jerk because you can get away with it should end and not tolerated. No one is going to want to propose anything beneficial to the site in that type of environment.

(Lift, Just to reiterate, I am jumping on the soap box piggy backing off your statement)
    Last edited by PikeStance; February 20, 2021 at 07:44 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I know there is humor in your statement, but we (well i )knew this day would come. More than two years ago I proposed that the site would need to raise money in order to continue to improve the functionality of the site. (Senate proposal) While proposal was limited in scope, it would had function better as a "Board of Trustee" while the admin (Hex) act like a Board of Directors. In other words, the former, responsible for financial aspects of the site and long term strategic planning, the latter would be responsible for the day to day operations.

As for the Curia, it needs to revisit its roots. reward contribution with "awards" but leave citizenship for those that are exemplary posters. The goal is to get guest to sign up, post and through posting, become citizens provided they are exemplary in doing so. The day of posting like a jerk because you can get away with it should end and not tolerated. No one is going to want to propose anything beneficial to the site in that type of environment.

(Lift, Just to reiterate, I am jumping on the soap box piggy backing off your statement)
    Are you suggesting citizens should be appointed by their - and expected to uphold - higher standards?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    I'm not going to enter an argument over wording, but Patrician does have a colour-purple.
    This....

Checking the amendment referenced by Pikestance it is clear that the color purple was to be associated with the Patrician class. All arguments against are essentially based on technical loopholes.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; February 20, 2021 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Add Information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Which does not change the fact that the amendment has no effects: It only prohibits suspended citizens from showing the purple associated with the patrician user group - which they cannot join anyhow while suspended. It does NOT prohibit them from joining the non-citizen large award usergroup, which has the purple colour AS WELL.

Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    This....

Checking the amendment referenced by Pikestance it is clear that the color purple was to be associated with the Patrician class. All arguments against are essentially based on technical loopholes.
    If you propose an amendment to close a loophole and it ends up to be circumventible by loopholes it certainly did not do its job.
    Last edited by Iskar; February 20, 2021 at 01:39 PM.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rush View Post
    This....

Where did you get this from. Apart from one post from me, which was ignored, what was said about color. The closest argument there is the discussion for the retention of a large award when citizenship was revoked,

The only other references is from me again
    Rationale: A badge will create a greater distinction for this special class of members on TWC. The award is special, the color purple is special. However, a badge that makes them more distinctive on the forum may encourage people to go beyond citizenship.
    Again the patrician badge was utilizing the color from the large awards. If they loose the badge, they still retain their large award. The large award comes with the color.
    The amendment added ONLY an honorary badge for citizens with large awards. That's it. No loophole.

BTW, nowhere in the Constitutions is "color" ever mentioned to distinguish any member from another. I believe it use to before it was changed (when it described the various levels of the site). The only thing the Constitution stipulates is the badge.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Today I notice a new thread was posted in the Prothalamos, so I clicked to read the OP just to find out it was actually an *old* (not that old) thread with a changed topic title in the last post.

Why? Is that necessary as it confuses people.

Maybe it was merged, I dunno.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's just Pike editing the OP and title of his thread earlier this morning (european time). Nothing more. Nothing to be confused about
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Well, I was confused hence my post here.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quite incredible that the Curia still lives! We gave it birth, we fought a civil war over it (or 2 if you count 2004), and quite incredible that the OPIFEX/ARTIFEX system which I created still exists . I appreciate my citizenship is intact. Have you thought about forming labour committees of non-officers? Plebs are needed to do Curial work also. From their ranks they can work their way up to greatness

I even see proud bearers of my handywork: the loinshield still plugging this manual labour.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Quite incredible that the Curia still lives! We gave it birth, we fought a civil war over it (or 2 if you count 2004), and quite incredible that the OPIFEX/ARTIFEX system which I created still exists . I appreciate my citizenship is intact. Have you thought about forming labour committees of non-officers? Plebs are needed to do Curial work also. From their ranks they can work their way up to greatness

I even see proud bearers of my handywork: the loinshield still plugging this manual labour.
    Welcome back!

A lot of things had happen since the last time you visit TWC and below I listed a couple of links for anyone to read.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...e-Constitution
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...rd-for-Modders
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...rhaul-Order-66 >>> https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...l-Cleanup-Bill
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...oble-Discourse
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...roduce-Ostraka
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-the-Fortnight
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Shield-(Medal)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Staff-Proposal (sadly disbanded)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ilestone-Award (you are eligible for the TWC Milestone Award)

There is a lot more to read, so why not search for it and who knows what you might find.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I love what he wrote here:
    Personally, PikeStances' proposal would have made Modding Staff an administrative paper-work body. My proposal is that they be more hands on.
    My proposal, which was supported by nearly everyone, was anything but administrative. it was interpersonal. He then goes on to only list the "administrative role" that I outlined in my proposal.
    In the end it didn't matter that approach was doomed to fail without the interpersonal aspect of my proposal. Which might as failed anyway (too little too late).

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

At least Modding Staff, even in its disbanded state, fulfils the valuable function of providing you with the basis for an endless sequence of self-gratulatory posts.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Reread the post. I very much doubt that Pontifex meant "more embarrassing". I might add that Pontifex's interlocutor posted a disruptive, personal reference to begin the exchange which likely broke the ToS. Perhaps you should chastise him. He is a moderator after all.
    I'm responding here to not disrupt the original thread.
    Perhaps you forgot but the Protalamos used to be in the Capitol together with the Curia and under the Curator responsability at that time. Only Citizens were allowed to post in there. As such and unless I'm mistaken, that was a curial subforum and as such personal references were allowed to a certain extend of course.

A few years ago, it has been moved to the Site Administration main forum, first to remove the unnecessary forum layer (the Capitol) and to allow the non-Citizen to participate. It still remains under the Consul (formerly Curator) responsability.

Unless I've missed it, there has been no amendement so far to reform the Protalamos and so, it remains part of the Curia. As such, I am perfectly allowed to proceed as by the past.

So before to criticize my behaviour as Moderator, I'd suggest you to review yours.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 13, 2021 at 09:11 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Speaking of responsibility, doesn't the Consul need to check if a passed amendent has been implemented. Especially, if it is still pending.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-whaddya-think

Of course it could already be implemented despite the "PENDING" prefix.
    Last edited by Leonardo; March 13, 2021 at 12:55 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post

Hehey! Always glad to see old-timers around here! As for labour commitees of non-officers, I'm afraid that the current demand for labour isn't quite what it used to be. It's always an interesting suggestion though, and as I assume you know quite well, proposals in the Proth are always most welcome
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I just want to ask a second time why two threads, award nominations, are still in the Curia when anyone is eligible for the TWC Milestone Award and the other thread is for award nominations. Which should be accessible for both citizens and non-citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo
    Fair enough, let me ask you a question. If your proposal has minor differences to my suggestion then why are two threads still in the Curia when both of them should be moved outside the Curia?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...0-years-at-TWC
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ds-Suggestions

The way I see it is that non-citizens should be able to suggest a member, usually a modder, for citizenship in the Citizenship and Other Awards Suggestions thread and not as it is today in the CCT thread. Which can easily and quickly be buried with other Curia comments.

I suggest that to move these two threads to the Prothalamos, so anyone can post in these two threads.

Blog Entries

I think that you need to make a proposal for that

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Re the TWC Milestone

Hex is checking regularly about new recipients, it doesn't really matter where that thread is located actually; it's not even "official", Leandros was much kind in allowing me to use it for communications related to the Award, but it's his thread and does not have anything to do with the Curia (in the bureaucratic sense of it I mean)
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

It took me only one year, but eventually I managed to make my own wiki page, as I promised here

@ Akar, any will to update that housetree? I might have some rep to spare
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

@ Akar, any will to update that housetree? I might have some rep to spare
    Yeah, let me add that to ye olde liste.

Just now saw this .

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan