Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    This is not the place to discuss whether or not Divus is different or the same from other Curial awards. This thread should be used solely for discussing the merits of the amendment described in the OP.

If you want to have that discussion, you can do it here or here or here.
    This makes no sense at all. If opposed to the amendment because it is different than an large award, then that is a valid reason.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    This makes no sense at all. If opposed to the amendment because it is different than an large award, then that is a valid reason.
    I will have to agree with Pike here, this style of censorship is a little over the top.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

It's a valid reason to disagree with the amendment, but it's not a valid reason to derail the discussion on the amendment into litigation about whether or not a Divus award is the same type of award as Phalera or a Loincloth.

The discussion isn't being censored, it's being moved to a separate location where it wont derail the thread further.

I'll remove the bold warning, but please try to keep the discussion there about the actual topic at hand, not whether a Divus is a large curial award (it is, that's what the constitution calls it).

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

You are splitting hairs. The point of the change is that the OP states it is not different from other large awards thus it should have the time requirement removed. Thus it is logical that an opposing view would argue that it is. It would be different if I offered an alternative solution that is not directly related to the resolution. This is not the case. The entire discussion is on the above points which is a valid discussion point.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I've updated the Constitution to reflect the addition of the 501st and modding service awards

Blog Entries

Its been two weeks since the new Consul took office and I note that I still have local mod powers. Did someone miss this administrative task?

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

The necessary changes have been requested to Hex
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    Its been two weeks since the new Consul took office and I note that I still have local mod powers. Did someone miss this administrative task?
    I've requested the change, don't worry .

Abdul has had some.... confusion with setting up the new administration. For example, he didn't even know there were usergroup leaders .

still luv abdul though, nuthin racial, just luv him

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

If the Legio 501 medal is meant as a modding award and the Opifex is an award for the same thing only more important, shouldn't getting the Opifex automatically give you the gold 501 as well - like how it gives you citizenship?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

No?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Yes
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

If it was linear progression it would make sense. But by description they're somewhat split. Opifex was obviously meant to first compliment extremely helpful modding contributions, but strictly speaking by its wording it does not have to where Legio does. Any Legio Gold could be an Opifex with the modding as a total war contribution, but some Opifex may choose to consider the words "Awarded for exceptional modding or other TW-related contributions to the board."

Now, I do hold if someone gets Silver or Gold, they're automatically entitled to patronage as a citizen under Artifex. Though even the other way around Artifex could be taken slightly more liberally in 'total war contributions' too.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

I would say Bronze is anyone who has created a mod (though simple data changes may be excluded, like adding turns per year). Silver is more inline with Artifex, while Gold, logically, might be something less than Opifex.
    I think Artifex and Opifex is more liberally applied, encompassing anything with a mod from historical research to beta testing which I do not believe 501 would apply.

501 is more or less an award of the "gaps" It is for anyone who doesn't have enough for Artifex, or anyone who wants recognition without citizenship, and anyone with extensive modding contribution that is less than an Opifex.

I could be wrong, but that is my general impression.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

501 is more or less an award of the "gaps" It is for anyone who doesn't have enough for Artifex, or anyone who wants recognition without citizenship, and anyone with extensive modding contribution that is less than an Opifex.
    Not only fill the gaps but also let people who don't want Artifex or Opifex (since they feel they don't reach the standard) get awarded. Sometimes they could even get awarded consecutively as their modding achievements progress.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Not only fill the gaps but also let people who don't want Artifex or Opifex (since they feel they don't reach the standard) get awarded. Sometimes they could even get awarded consecutively as their modding achievements progress.
    Yes, an oversight. The lat "gap" is those that want recognition without the "fat." This is why I suggested Artifex has a choice for citizenship. For me citizenship is different than creating mod.

Blog Entries

I believe the Legio awards were conceived as being applicable to anyone who was involved in mod development and testing. For example, beta testers could qualify for an award based on their contributions.

​​

The House of Baltar

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Akar I must warn you, you're treading dangerously close to a VONC with those poll questions. You never know.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

4th times the charm, yeah?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Akar I must warn you, you're treading dangerously close to a VONC with those poll questions. You never know.
    I dont see any issue with the poll questions, perhaps I am missing something somewhere?

But his spelling is atrocious and he should probably be censored for that.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; October 03, 2021 at 05:46 PM. Reason: adding modifications

​​

The House of Baltar

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I did notice a couple typos, and I apologize profusely for those grievous offenses

p.s, it's spelled "censure"