Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

You should be taking me out for dinner Flinn! It's my birthday and I expect to see you at the dinner table at 18:00 sharp!

And five gallons of Irish Stout has just been put in the fermenter. I'm pretty excited for this one

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    I get that you're frustrated but the general mood in the Curia has been sour the last couple of days/weeks. I'm very tired of it and I ask everyone to please be a little bit friendlier to each other.
    huh? You are quoting me preaching the value of courtesy and respect. It’s an old recurring message. BTW, I have not gone into the award thread. Avoiding bad karma. LOL

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Séverus Sñape View Post
    I mean I did but I've also been practicing dark magic on my end.
    Don't bother with the eye of a civet under the tongue divinity spell. It doesn't work, and one eyed civet's are really grumpy...

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Making Idle threats of removal of citizenship or awards, because one does not like the use of someones language, requires the stick. We have TOS for language violations, in which i do not breech, nor is the Curias place to judge such matters.
    Citizen standards may be nebulous but that one thing is for sure that they go beyond mere ToS abidance and it is well a matter of the Curia/Citizenry to judge how its single proponents behave.

It is not awards that honour people, it is people that do awards honour. Just try not to besmirch your own.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix
    Making Idle threats of removal of citizenship or awards, because one does not like the use of someones language, requires the stick. We have TOS for language violations, in which i do not breech, nor is the Curias place to judge such matters.
    O'rly...

Quote Originally Posted by Brew
    I am going to close this down.

The Curator,
    Brewster.
    About bloody time, I'd give you a 'good job' sticker but I ran out, I'll hit you up next time I'm down the pound shop..

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Response to a comment quoting an OP, on Topic, and made clarifications on that comment to make the matter clearer (Which was also provided with a direct link to a statement of Hex on that exact situation). The levels of stupidity of members to make the derail by Jadli as their prime focus, while moderation allowed the derail to be posted, is a sheer embarrassment by all those involved.

When a child is having a temper tantrum, you don't give them what you want just to shut them up. Nor do you award them for having said temper tantrum.
    Precisely whats been done today, for either biased opinions or just poor management.
    Last edited by Parafix; February 13, 2018 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries

The levels of stupidity of members to make the derail by Jadli as their prime focus, while moderation allowed the derail to be posted, is a sheer embarrassment by all those involved.
    The decision to submit the proposal in the middle of a storm was hardly stellar timing. What followed was the result of your initial poor judgement.

Blog Entries

As stated, their is always something going on in Gaming Staff and hotseats, using that as an excuse to not nominate anyone from that section of the community for that being a reason is poor, and trying to justify trolls and those who have been severely dealt with.

How it was handled when Jadli tried derailing my Novus, for example, was what should of happened again immediately after his post, especially when members of the Hex team clearly state they predict an individual doing just that. If we're going to combine the decisions of banning and removing members done by the Hex team and that matter being combined with people who do not partake in that decision, then well, may as well void the Curia on awards and just let Hex decide.

Additionally, the topic used to derail the thread, has been an ongoing issue for the last 8 months, which would not of happened without interference or opinions of those of who have no understanding on the matter. That is one matter based on GS being 8 months long, an argument could be made it goes back about 2 years. As said, their is plenty of internal matters that get dealt with by GS, they last longer than i think you comprehend.
    Last edited by Parafix; February 13, 2018 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries

As stated, their is always something going on in Gaming Staff and hotseats, using that as an excuse to not nominate anyone from that section of the community for that being a reason is poor, and trying to justify trolls and those who have been severely dealt with.

How it was handled when Jadli tried derailing my Novus, for example, was what should of happened again immediately after his post, especially when members of the Hex team clearly state they predict an individual doing just that. If we're going to combine the decisions of banning and removing members done by the Hex team and that matter being combined with people who do not partake in that decision, then well, may as well void the Curia on awards and just let Hex decide.
    If it's really that bad I suggest Hex close the whole thing down and don't have HS. It's a niche community that seems to attract far too much strife for the numbers of people who actually play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    If it's really that bad I suggest Hex close the whole thing down and don't have HS. It's a niche community that seems to attract far too much strife for the numbers of people who actually play.
    Oh their is a better solution that doesn't require removing an entire community. I think we're getting there, this is just fuel onto the fire of why GS should be left to decide on matters of that section.

Blog Entries

Oh their is a better solution that doesn't require removing an entire community. I think we're getting there, this is just fuel onto the fire of why GS should be left to decide on matters of that section.
    To be honest it sounds like the GS can't keep control without getting involved in petty rows. You said yourself there's never a time when it's not in conflict. Why bother with the tantrums of a couple of dozens hot heads, if there's even that many regulars. Close the dam thing and be done. Only bring it back when it can be shown worthy of a place here on TWC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    To be honest it sounds like the GS can't keep control without getting involved in petty rows. You said yourself there's never a time when it's not in conflict. Why bother with the tantrums of a couple of dozens hot heads, if there's even that many regulars. Close the dam thing and be done. Only bring it back when it can be shown worthy of a place here on TWC.
    Just making my point clearer about people having opinions on things they understand nothing of. GS would of handled majority of the issues without the interference of others. We've got a level of admittance mistakes where made, waiting on the apologies still.

GS is having a hard time all the way around, symptoms of the same disease I think.

Blog Entries

The disease has been removed, just now waiting on the ability to actually put things back in order.

it certainly hasn't, the symptom is still there.

Blog Entries

Good to know you so much about GS, and what complete nonsense the team have had to put up with. Shame anyone involved in the matter who hasn't had to be punished can't say a single word of detail, maybe you'd like to do it on our behalf?

You know GS includes more than just HS, right?

Blog Entries

Obviously i'm referring to the HS GS team. That at this point really shouldn't require clarification.

Well, it does when you use them interchangeably without clarification.