Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

I've never been more sick then when I've tried to drink and smoke in the same night. Luckily most of those nights were in the UK where vomiting on the sidewalk at 2:00AM is just standard operating procedure.

I'll have to stick to whiskey and beer, at this point my body basically rejects everything else

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

It's amazing how much pettiness a bunch of pixels on a gaming forum can conjure up.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

@Parafix.

While it's true the curia doesn't take away awards. I think I should point out that bullish over confidence and feather ruffling may be frowned upon if you were hoping to be nominated for another large award. Opifex for instance.

Halie, whenever you and I agree (which is more often than I would have thought) I am hit by something like an electric buzz. It raises the question, did you just recently begin practicing dark magic or is it something you've perfected over the years?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I just assumed you got over puberty.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; February 12, 2018 at 07:29 PM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    The entire thing in general. Go through it line by line, discuss every single letter and redo it to reflect the current role of the Curia
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I personally welcome a complete rewrite. No offense to Iskar but the Constitution is an absolute nightmare to read.
    Off you go, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    While it's true the curia doesn't take away awards.
    There is nothing stopping the Curia from preparing a Decision to Hex recommending the removal of an award.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I just assumed you got over puberty.
    I mean I did but I've also been practicing dark magic on my end.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

The Curial Information and Announcements thread is about 7 months outdated, it was last edited the 29th of July.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

I believe we may be missing a report, too.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Last report was done on September 23, 2017 (here). But Frunk is right. We missed one.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

The Curia has given citizenship to members before who were known to be abrasive and then later removed it. The Curia has never removed a large award even when a citizenship was removed, but it doesn't mean it cannot, or will not.
    Just being abrasive is not cause for removal. It will take an extraordinary event. Being honest is forthright is not, by itself, a bad trait; however, just have care when you do it. This is a gaming site and the number reason for coming here is fun and entertainment. There is a human being on the other side of that screen name.
    You'll see no blatantly blunt comments regarding fun nor entertainment from me. However, whenever a child sticks it's fingers into a socket, i will tell it not to while pointing out the stupidity of doing so, in the hopes it becomes less stupid and doesn't repeat the action.

Oh for anyone that doesn't know what i'm on about when referring to the "stick". Stick = Blunt, Words = Blunt, me grabbing the stick is me preparing to be brutally blunt with someone with words, in hoping those words can "knock" some sense into them.

Making Idle threats of removal of citizenship or awards, because one does not like the use of someones language, requires the stick. We have TOS for language violations, in which i do not breech, nor is the Curias place to judge such matters.
    Last edited by Parafix; February 13, 2018 at 03:11 AM.

Omg, this is the nonsense I hate.
    This started because I said the Curia can take away what it gives. End of story.
    I do not care what your excuse for rudeness is. If you are rude to me I will call you out. I am not shy about it.
    Bottom line is that I am at a point in my life where courtesy and respect is paramount. I give excuses to be respectful not rudeness. Life is too short to go through it with such anger.
    Peace

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    We missed one.
    VoNC and Ostrakon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Off you go, then.
    If you promise to abide by it to the end I will rewrite the constitution by myself. Just be prepared for the roman republic/italy/romania/greece 2.0.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; February 13, 2018 at 06:49 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    The Curial Information and Announcements thread is about 7 months outdated, it was last edited the 29th of July.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    I believe we may be missing a report, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post

Last report was done on September 23, 2017 (here). But Frunk is right. We missed one.
    When I was re-elected I explained that the Curial Report would be late. I changed from position at work on January first which means I had basically no time to do it so far. I again apologize for that but I can tell you that it's being worked on and around 60% finished. (The report it is). The CIA will be done before the end of my term I promise.

Omg, this is the nonsense I hate.
    This started because I said the Curia can take away what it gives. End of story.
    I do not care what your excuse for rudeness is. If you are rude to me I will call you out. I am not shy about it.
    Bottom line is that I am at a point in my life where courtesy and respect is paramount. I give excuses to be respectful not rudeness. Life is too short to go through it with such anger.
    Peace
    I get that you're frustrated but the general mood in the Curia has been sour the last couple of days/weeks. I'm very tired of it and I ask everyone to please be a little bit friendlier to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    VoNC and Ostrakon!!!
    You can just ask for me to retire if everyone thinks it's so bad

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

yes I want you to retire, but just because I want to be the guest of honor at your retirement party; I'm expecting the usual things: golden watches, nice and submissive mates, plenty of refined food and precious wines, and many many wheelbarrows to bring people home after the party!

ah, the time I was a regular guest at Arcore!
    Last edited by Flinn; February 13, 2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: it's regular, not usual!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

spot on the day I have a maximum of 17 years to go mate

Blog Entries

then you are not that old
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

I fear it feels quiet the opposite
    Hey, 11.000 posts. Yay.

Blog Entries

mhoaohoahoa 11k posts, we need to celbrate; are you offering a dinner or what?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Hip-hip-hooray! posting is a way of life.