Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Well, PoVG has a point (no pun intended): a note is a 'don't do this again' PM which means it is a warning to the user (not to do it again or else...). A note is primarily meant to make the user aware of his rule violation and serves as 'awareness record' in case of repeat violation, no penalty is attached to it. The latter being the technical requirement for it to be officially called a warning.

Which means the information given by moderation\admins when asked about pending\active warnings will only include those (penalizing) warnings and not notes.
    this, NOTES are not WARNINGS, TWC moderation wise; as I said, I'm 100% sure people has been allowed to citizenship and large awards when having active notes; also, notes do not generate a Staff referral AFAIK, so...
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Well this is quite the sorry state of affairs lads. I recall the good old days when people ragged on the Curia for trying to do a bunch of things and overstretching its remit while accomplishing nothing of substance. Now it appears all of the latest non-awards are abandoned attempts to delete itself! The pocket universe appears to be collapsing, see you all on the other side.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Nice to see you pop back in, Augustus, even if its just to lament the sad state of affairs .

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Always good to see old-timers come back, especially when they're tech staff at that.

Well, we've had a good run folks. Time to pack in the bag and abandon all attempts at self-abandonment. Which means, let's do something productive?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Now that the rats have swam back to the ship, it's time to move forward.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Notes are not "Warnings":

From ToS: They are simply a record of that contact and do not contribute toward a member's warning level.
    However, notes are definitely warnings:

Also from ToS: They are recorded both to let other moderators know that the user has been informed of the particular rule, and to give the user a record of all contacts with moderators they have had.
    What both Flinn and Ponti said, a note are not a warning, instead see it as a notification for the first PM in a moderation history.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    What both Flinn and Ponti said, a note are not a warning, instead see it as a notification for the first PM in a moderation history.
    A Note is not a Warning, but it is a warning. That's how its been used for a decade now. We have already settled that.
    The Armenian Issue

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    A Note is not a Warning, but it is a warning. That's how its been used for a decade now. We have already settled that.
    Not necessarily, for example, moderation could inquire on the sources for a particular post, etc. Or suggest building a better argument for the OP ( I received one of these recently).

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Not necessarily, for example, moderation could inquire on the sources for a particular post, etc. Or suggest building a better argument for the OP ( I received one of these recently).
    Those Moderation Warnings, a completely different group of warnings. Notes are recorded on your profile. They're not just private messages. You can see them in your profile under Moderator Interactions. When you violate the ToS for the first time you're likely to get a Note first. Any repeat offense and the moderator will check that history to whether issue a Note or infraction point. If long enough time passes after a particular infraction the moderator could issue a Note again. It's a warning that you can be given a Warning if you violate that rule again. So, yes, A Note is not a Warning, but it is a warning.
    The Armenian Issue

I am no sure why there is a still a discussion about notes. The only thing that is relevant are "warnings" which is used to determine the eligibility for certain awards or recognition. Notes are not considered. End of story.

Blog Entries

Precisely ^
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Voters are instructed to ignore their ability to see who voted for what.
    You know the Curia is in dire straits when the Curia do not react to an honest mistake with calls for a VonC.
    OR,
    Is it finally getting it.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Errare humanum est
    This kind of mistakes aren't and have never been a valid reason for a VonC. What a weird idea!!!
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Honestly, for a moment I had in mind to VonC Akar because of that.. but we are not in Prinz-Albrecht-Straße here, mistakes are tolerated

also, see what's new in the Proth!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Let it be known that I will respond to all VONCs with heavy handed censorship and frivolous citizen referrals!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Errare humanum est
    This kind of mistakes aren't and have never been a valid reason for a VonC. What a weird idea!!!
    It was sarcasm

Let it be known that I will respond to all VONCs with heavy handed censorship and frivolous citizen referrals!
    Your inspiration

Your Theme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Honestly, for a moment I had in mind to VonC Akar because of that.. but we are not in Prinz-Albrecht-Straße here, mistakes are tolerated

also, see what's new in the Proth!
    I won the Consul election so no mistake has been made.

I mean what - Seriously though, happy to see that someone else ran too, unopposed elections are the worst (after voncs directed at you of course)
    and Peaman

Let us not fail to recognize those who make such re-elections possible, both in a theoretical and realized plane.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

We need another Curial Report written now that Athel's term has ended. Also, it's been two months since the referral clarifications amendment was passed and the Consul has still yet to institute the changes...

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

We need another Curial Report written now that Athel's term has ended. Also, it's been two months since the referral clarifications amendment was passed and the Consul has still yet to institute the changes...
    Are you suggesting some type of vote might be needed?

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers