Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

I will arm the people's militia.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

You are invited to weigh and measure and hopefully find worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You are invited to weigh and measure and hopefully find worthy.
    Just an FYI Gig,

You are not actually patronizing Seether for Opifex, you are proposing. He is already a citizen.

Delete
    Last edited by PikeStance; February 07, 2021 at 03:38 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Do we really need to be that pedantic?
    The important point here is to decide to reward a member for his contribution in modding. The rest is just for the scenery
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Do we really need to be that pedantic?
    The important point here is to decide to reward a member for his contribution in modding. The rest is just for the scenery
    Why are you being this way?

Pedantic is an insulting word used to describe someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.
    There is a big difference between begin a patron and proposing.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Pedantic is an insulting word used to describe someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.
    Seems appropriate to be fair.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

LOL, I said, FYI pretty strong indication it was just a casual observation and not a know it all/ i caught an error type comment, but this is what the Curia is now I suppose.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Not to be pedantic, but I'm pretty sure this is what the Curia always has been (to some degree anyway).
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Just an FYI Gig,

You are not actually patronizing Seether for Opifex, you are proposing. He is already a citizen.
    You are invited to weigh and measure and hopefully find worthy. [of receiving the Opifex]

Case closed everyone is happy - and aye Mhaedros, the Curia wouldn't be the same without the nitpicking - part of the charm?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Just curious. Is it possible for a citizen to show the Artifex badge when one obviously are not a modder?

I need to ask this question, because Ponti are showing the Artifex badge and to my knowledge he isn't a modder or is he.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

A citizen can show any badge he wants. It's poor sport to show artifex if you are not a modder but there is no rule against it as at the core the 3 bages are nothing but an optical illusion, there is really only one permission group.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    A citizen can show any badge he wants. It's poor sport to show artifex if you are not a modder but there is no rule against it as at the core the 3 bages are nothing but an optical illusion, there is really only one permission group.
    There are actually on a technical level three separate permission groups, one for each badge - which makes the paperwork a lot harder when someone applies to all, (which they technically can) and then lose it :p

But aye, a citizen has the right to display the badge they want, though precedence has them display the one they were patronized for.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Not to be pedantic, but I'm pretty sure this is what the Curia always has been (to some degree anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Case closed everyone is happy - and aye Mhaedros, the Curia wouldn't be the same without the nitpicking - part of the charm?
    Yes,...I do enjoy happy endings

You are invited to weigh and measure and hopefully find worthy. [of receiving the Opifex]
    I have a list, but no time.
    Last edited by PikeStance; February 07, 2021 at 07:11 PM.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It seems my age old TWC curse of being absent has indeed caused something crazy to occur in my absence again. So should I take seat for the moment ooorrrr....?

Coming back to TWC is like looking in to see what has happened and then you have no idea how you were ensnared

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

He can only do so if he has been given those badges. Vague memory seems to recall that in the old days all badges were given upon receiving citizenship. Myself I have only applied as Artifex and hence can only display Citizen and that one.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Why are you being this way?
    Sorry for the disgression but this needs an explanation.
    There's nothing personal in my remark Pike. Hence the use of the word "we", meaning the Curia as a whole, myself included.
    The Curia generates enough administrative procedures and "paper work" to avoid us (Citizens) to nitpick about the use of some words/terms IMO.
    Let's relax a bit, shall we?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Sorry for the disgression but this needs an explanation.
    There's nothing personal in my remark Pike. Hence the use of the word "we", meaning the Curia as a whole, myself included.
    The Curia generates enough administrative procedures and "paper work" to avoid us (Citizens) to nitpick about the use of some words/terms IMO.
    Let's relax a bit, shall we?
    No problem, thanks for the explanation!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

There are actually on a technical level three separate permission groups, one for each badge - which makes the paperwork a lot harder when someone applies to all, (which they technically can) and then lose it :p

But aye, a citizen has the right to display the badge they want, though precedence has them display the one they were patronized for.
    I think that's wrong if not misleading people who might think that there is a *modded* citizen I can ask about what's required for a modder to become a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    He can only do so if he has been given those badges. Vague memory seems to recall that in the old days all badges were given upon receiving citizenship. Myself I have only applied as Artifex and hence can only display Citizen and that one.
    Agreed, I think that needs to be amended about that in the constitution.

Just before General Brewster posted my application for citizenship, I told him to post it as Artifex and not Citizen, because I see myself as a modder and not a citizen who fulfill the criteria for the citizen badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    It seems my age old TWC curse of being absent has indeed caused something crazy to occur in my absence again. So should I take seat for the moment ooorrrr....?
    Why not.

Good to see you, Hader.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.