Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    I'd have thought it would be the other way around. Spending 3 months as a citizen probably won't increase your knowledge of the ToS. Knowledge of citizen standards is something that you learn over time as a citizen though.
    We have standards?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You know I couldn't resist that one

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

(my TWC chip may be a bit rusty)

I always thought comunication between moderators and users was private (unless users decide to make it public going to the tribunal)
    Now if a citizen receives an administrative note (or whatever) its going to be automatically public through the staff referral threads?

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

No, it is not automatically published. It is the referred citizens choice whether it is made public or kept in private quarters.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Blog Entries

Now I remember that discussion.
    Perfect, thanks

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    (my TWC chip may be a bit rusty)

I always thought comunication between moderators and users was private (unless users decide to make it public going to the tribunal)
    Now if a citizen receives an administrative note (or whatever) its going to be automatically public through the staff referral threads?
    You choose it when you recieve the referral. In this case i wanted to see the discussion that led to the final decision.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    You choose it when you recieve the referral. In this case i wanted to see the discussion that led to the final decision.
    And, by the way, you acted exemplarily imo
    Last edited by mishkin; July 13, 2015 at 01:46 PM.

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep

Just passing by.

01010011 01101000 01101111 01110101 01100100 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01001000 01101001 01100111 01101111 01000011 01101000 01110101 01101101 01100010 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01100111 01101001 01110110 01100101 01101110 00100000 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100010 01100001 01100100 01100111 01100101 00111111

http://es.convertbinary.com/
    Last edited by Bethencourt; July 16, 2015 at 03:30 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Well, he must apply for it himself. But maybe busy Pike needs some poking too.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I do not have any of the citizen groups listed within the permission group section. I assume someone is the leader of the group with the ability to add new members, but I have no clue who does. A PM was sent to the admin.

Edit: All sorted
    Last edited by PikeStance; July 17, 2015 at 10:20 AM.

FYI of my activity
    Starting on July 1
    Overnight train to Beijing to drop of application for Indonesian Visa.
    It would not be ready for two days. We still need to pack so, we head back on Thursday on a speed train.
    July 3: Spent the day packing boxes to be ship to Indonesia. Board another overnight train (this time I went alone).
    July 4: Pick up Passports in the afternoon took high speed train back to Changchun.
    July 5 and 6 Packing and last minute errand. We actually decided to pack one more box too.
    July 7 (early in the morning 5 AM) I left for NOLA. Due to time difference arrived in the afternoon of the 7th.
    July 8 Repack for Chicago and get rental car.
    July 9 Drove 14 hours to Chicago.
    July 10 clear out/ gathered my stuff from my storage in Chicago and drove to Springfield Illinois (horrible traffic on 55 out of Chicago).
    July 11 Drove to Memphis to spend time with my Brother's family.
    July 12 Memphis
    July 13 Drove back to New Orleans.
    July 14 and 15 Finally nothing to do
    July 16 drove to Baton Rouge and back.

Not much to do now until I leave for Indonesia between August 5-6.
    edit: Talk that I will go see my sister in Florida (1 day drive)

Iskar is now my CA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    FYI of my activity
    "I have been bussy" would have been enough
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Iskar is now my CA.
    good choice

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Originally Posted by PikeStance
    FYI of my activity
    For you. However there are others who are greateful for the details cuz inquiring minds want yo know....
    Originally Posted by PikeStance
    Iskar is now my CA.
    Excellent choice...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    For you. However there are others who are greateful for the details cuz inquiring minds want yo know....
    I am southern; I over share. You should be use to it by now.

good choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Excellent choice...
    I love the enthusiasm.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus
    I find it a sad indictment of the curia that still, after all these years, tries to foist 'ranks' with awards.
    I'm a bit confused here what that means. By Section I, Article I Artifex, as a subcategory of Citizenship, is a rank, while by Section V, Article III Opifex is an award, that happens to automatically confer the rank of Artifex.
    I probably lack the experience necessary to judge this, so is there a practical and/or theoretical difference between ranks and awards or not? I would intuitively say that ranks are conferred always with partial regard to the recipient as a person, while awards are solely tied to a more or less clearly defined acomplishment, that may involve consideration of personality (e.g. Asterix's Loincloth) but not necessarily so (e.g. Opifex).

Please, - without any sarcasm in saying so - do enlighten me.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Rank is an archaic term left over from a time when there were different classes (ranks) of citizen, Civitate/Patrician, in addition staff/moderators positions were elected, which also added to the idea of ranks. That and the fact some citizens truly believed becoming a citizen made them 'special' and better than all other members. An attitude which sadly finds new converts every now and then.

It was stipulated in the Opifex award that citzenship was 'conferred' to take into account members who's work was exceptional but wished to decline citizenship should they wish.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

So for all practical issues citizenship is handled like an award?

Would it then not be feasible to discuss an amendment removing the misleading term of rank from the Constitution and replacing it by a wording of "awarding a member with Citizenship"?
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

It has been discussed, but as with anything around here, most don't see it as an issue until it becomes an issue.

I seem to remember it being bogged down in alternative terminology. The Curia has a habit when multiple solutions are offered of getting mired into exhaustion.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: [Artifex] UndyingNephalim (Patron: Finlander)

Done His Part - service guarantees citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    If you were assessed as an Artifex you should display the Artifex badge and no other, to do otherwise is dishonest and an insult to those members who worked for the award they were judged on.
    There is no Artifex

Last edited by Ngugi; July 21, 2015 at 03:58 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory