Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

I think Flinn made it abundantly clear what is allowed and what is not regarding SND. I'm going to ask all sides involved to stop mentioning it. Any further hint at it that's not backed up will be mercilessly shot down. Any feud that exist between people can be fought out privately but I will not have any more of it in the Curia.

Thank y'all in advance,
    Brewster.

I personally welcome a complete rewrite. No offense to Iskar but the Constitution is an absolute nightmare to read.

I agree eith Iskar, it is annoying that every gaming member proposal thread is brought down with so much animosity. I play multiplayer in other games and people they’re behave infinitely better and with far higher regard than what apparently happens in hot seating.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    what apparently happens in hot seating.
    It's not Hotseating, just a select few with personal beefs. It's no more tolerated in HSing that it is anywhere else on Twc.

Well, ideally. In reality it's always lurking beneath the surface.

I've dealt with drama for a good 4-5 years and have stressed more than my fair share over it. My point is that a few users with personal beefs are not reflective of the whole community; nor it's standards.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

I havent been planning on bringing anything without evidence, or anything that would break SND (considering I havent been GS for some time I dont have access to internal Staff matters anyway anymore). Lot of things from the recent unfortunate events are publicly accessible, Ill just kindly point curia to them, so they can see and decide themselves...
    Last edited by Jadli; February 12, 2018 at 11:30 AM.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

What does your removal and bans have anything to do with Souls Novus? Challenge anything iv'e placed in the Novus application freely, bring anything off topic in attempts to try derail with your own issues i will make sure your little vendetta and how you act on it is once again dealt with appropriately.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I personally welcome a complete rewrite. No offense to Iskar but the Constitution is an absolute nightmare to read.
    Feel free to suggest what a rewrite should look like. You had the opportunity when we drafted this "nightmare" in the last complete rewrite less than a year ago and seemed to have only minor objections, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    What does your removal and bans have anything to do with Souls Novus? Challenge anything iv'e placed in the Novus application freely, bring anything off topic in attempts to try derail with your own issues i will make sure your little vendetta and how you act on it is once again dealt with appropriately.
    I'd suggest leaving "making sure things are dealt with appropriately" to the Administation/Moderation. Waving a mace that is not yours to wave at another member is not really citizenlike, let alone Novus-like.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    I'd suggest leaving "making sure things are dealt with appropriately" to the Administation/Moderation. Waving a mace that is not yours to wave at another member is not really citizenlike, let alone Novus-like.
    I wave no mace, merely my stick. Novus was rewarded due to work performance, not due to how nice i am

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Large Awards make one a prominent indicator of what we value in this community and both those bestowing and the community itself evaluate what behaviour they see and whether it clicks with those expectations.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Blog Entries

Large Awards make one a prominent indicator of what we value in this community and both those bestowing and the community itself evaluate what behavior they see and whether it clicks with those expectations.
    Oh if i behaved in a way that i get the impression you'd want, i would of not of been able to do 3/4 of the work that gained me either Citizenship or Novus. Maybe that sort of behavior is what makes everything take so long and why so much is out-dated?
    My personality has not changed since either before or after my Citizenship or my Novus, so i'm going to go with that is the expectation of me
    Last edited by Parafix; February 12, 2018 at 02:52 PM.

Feel free to suggest what a rewrite should look like. You had the opportunity when we drafted this "nightmare" in the last complete rewrite less than a year ago and seemed to have only minor objections, though.
    If you recall, I stated initially, it seems fine, but taken as a whole it, become convoluted and create equal to or greater problem. Moreover, I suggested that you present the entire completed document so this can be seen or not seen.

I wave no mace, merely my stick. Novus was rewarded due to work performance, not due to how nice i am
    False

Large Awards make one a prominent indicator of what we value in this community and both those bestowing and the community itself evaluate what behaviour they see and whether it clicks with those expectations.
    Correct

Oh if i behaved in a way that i get the impression you'd want, i would of not of been able to do 3/4 of the work that gained me either Citizenship or Novus. Maybe that sort of behavior is what makes everything take so long and why so much is out-dated?
    My personality has not changed since either before or after my Citizenship or my Novus, so i'm going to go with that is the expectation of me
    What we give can be taken away.

Blog Entries

Then i'd suggest you attempt to do so if you feel so adamant about it, i don't change my personality to fit a collective agenda. I wasn't aware the Curia was a cult.

Then i'd suggest you attempt to do so if you feel so adamant about it, i don't change my personality to fit a collective agenda. I wasn't aware the Curia was a cult.
    What Iskar expressed here is the value we put on citizenship and awards of any kind.
    Large Awards make one a prominent indicator of what we value in this community
    The site distinguishes a different color for large awards to illustrate to other members what the site values. We do not give "just an award" we give distinction and honor and you are expected to exemplify them.
    You do not have to think a certain way, but you need to act as expected when we honor you with such a distinction.

I'd suggest it would take an extraordinary event for the Curia to vote to strip an award from a citizen.

Clutches medals tightly

Blog Entries

Introduction to my Novus.
    Parafix is a bastard. I kindly beg the Curia to forgo scolding me over the use of that word (rest assured he'd be the first person to embrace the title) as I feel it necessary to get this first bit out the way, while he can be blunt and often infuriating he also happens to have been one of Gaming Staffs most productive workers within recent years

Considering the intro to my Novus proposal, and no where stating on my award specifying behavior, and considering i still to this day continue to do equal amount of work if not more as a non member of Gaming Staff, also considering no point was i informed i must treat people who have actively tried to harm the HS community, treat them with any form of respect of tolerance. I see no valid point from either you Pike or Iskar, no one was mislead or lied to about my work or my way of speaking to people, and still rewarded.

Hence why i presume that is the expectation of me, because as much as it ruffles some feathers, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Séverus Sńape View Post
    I'd suggest it would take an extraordinary event for the Curia to vote to strip an award from a citizen
    Agreed. I'd have quite a lot to say about revoking medals (from friend or foe ) for anything but truly extraordinary events. Such a thing shouldn't be suggested lightly.

The Curia has given citizenship to members before who were known to be abrasive and then later removed it. The Curia has never removed a large award even when a citizenship was removed, but it doesn't mean it cannot, or will not.
    Just being abrasive is not cause for removal. It will take an extraordinary event. Being honest is forthright is not, by itself, a bad trait; however, just have care when you do it. This is a gaming site and the number reason for coming here is fun and entertainment. There is a human being on the other side of that screen name.

Maybe one night I'll have enough whiskey and we can put all of that to the test

Throw in a Cuban (the cigar, not a woman, married) and that sounds like a fun night!