Page 2 of 418 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Civitate

Default Re: Townhall

Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post
    This amendment needs to be hauled off to the Tabularium as the poll closed a few days ago. The thread prefix of this thread needs to be changed to 'Passed: Implemented' since Gigantus has received his Opifex award and the Medal Section Cleanup amendment needs to be added to the Constitution.
    All done.

Freddie needs his Phalera award
    I don't have the power to award medals, so I'll have to wait until a member of Hex awards it.
    Last edited by Каие; December 27, 2009 at 08:28 AM.

Junius's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Though this may not be the place for it, and he has requested no platitudes, I would like to make a little gesture towards imb39, our very own Claudius. So, here it is, to a jolly good fellow.

Proud to be under the patronage of Calvin.
    Patron of Lysimachus

I hink my project teaching everyone the History of TWC deserves a pinned status Rome, people can use that info for prothalamus debates!
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Civitate

Sure thing man.

You know where to make payment. Same place, same way.

But to be serious, that's only temporary, until we find better place. I'm sure there's an archive forum somewhere which used to store historically relevant threads.

Archives are never read, we coud change the name to "The History of TWC and the Curia"
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post
    Sure thing man.

You know where to make payment. Same place, same way.

But to be serious, that's only temporary, until we find better place. I'm sure there's an archive forum somewhere which used to store historically relevant threads.
    I thought those out of the way archive stacks were used for other purposes. Back in my days of college...
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=313
    This?
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Civitate

Yah! I'll move it there alright, Bel?

I need to be able to edit it, I'll like it here only because the information is very relevant for proposing amendments.

I still have to add every amendment passed when I was Pro CUrator (there is NO record of them) and many many other things.

Maybe when I'm done we can put it there and on the Wiki.

Civitate

Sounds like a plan. Just let me know if you need anything.

A team of researchers, access to Hexagon and a Coffee Milk two sugar.

Civitate

You'll have a sack of salt, and be happy with it.

Can I have enough Tequilla to use it? Some lemons?

Civitate

Absolutely not.

This is the first image that came to mind when I read that -

Now, you're doing a good job, off you go to move some thread! (staying on topic)

Acco's Avatar Дијана

I think the CdeC application/debate threads are a few days overdue, unless it's been postponed.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Civitate

Wow. I cannot believe I forgot that. I put the 11th and 13th of January in my mind... since that's when my essays are in... for the Curator and Magistrates elections. Since I fudged that, the vote will start on the 14th and not on the 12th. Although I'll probably fudge that too, since I'm attending an important meeting on that day.

Civitate

I'm trying to tie up all loose ends in my last two days in office, so as not to burden my successor with anything tedious due to my laziness/incompetence.... is there anything I've forgotten, or missed?

Make sure my stuff gets through Hex while you are there, if aden wins he hates the changes!

Civitate

That depends on how large the bribe is.