Thread: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    You mean terms instead of months I suppose? Because one term is already 4 months.
    Oops... My bad, I stand corrected Veteraan is indeed correct.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I reckon the small and medium modding awards thread needs to be reopened. How are the awards even meant to work?

Can I just nominate Dresden for the medium award and the small gold award on the basis of pretty much just copy pasting his successful Opifex application with a few updates?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I've informed z3n that the medals have been created and updated, so you'd probably better contact him about details on the awards themselves
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

To be sure it is seen as I have had to archive the election thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    After doing the digging, I have confirmed that he does have just at the cusp of 3 months moderation experience. This was in what I suppose now is the distant TWC past (I was there too...am I old now?) of moderation, right around the time of the ON crisis, and before maces were ever formalized (and even after they were formalized, finding and documents experience prior was nothing easy or accurate). Whether moderation experience from such a time ago is relevant is perhaps a debate for another time, but per the constitution it counts as it is 1) three months staff moderation experience and 2) verified (by myself). Should the Curia feel it appropriate for moderation hex to confirm the experience I will poke them over it, however since I am hex as well they will be seeing the same stuff I did either way.

In any case, based on all this, I see no reason the election should actually be invalidated, and thus will stand. Given it does not break with the constitution and that VZ has been doing fine as a praefect otherwise and active in the role, I see no other reason either that things should be complicated.

Here, I'll even stamp it!

Additionally the Praefect position is now open as a result, and thus a new election for that is beginning now.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Nicely handled regarding the election qualifications.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Thanks to everyone for your support. I know Katsumoto left some big shoes to fill but I will do my best.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Congratz and good luck Van Zandt
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

So the Curia is aware, I am away for a couple weeks beginning Tuesday and likely will have no internet access. I may be back late the 22nd, 23rd otherwise. Censors are aware of this and should do the consul election threads if I cannot that night.

The praefect election is also...well, still going obviously. I have left it open much longer than stipulated but I see little else to do since no one has applied anyways. So I encourage anyone even slightly interested to consider going for it, it may be a quiet time for the curia but the praefects will still have some good training in moderation to do regardless.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Guys, as the praefect election is still silent for now some words from the only praefect right know. First I'm missing someone to trouble the Primus
    No to be honest as Hader sad. It's quiet times, when serving as Censors I had more to do in the shorter term of serving so think about it and apply

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your support. I know Katsumoto left some big shoes to fill but I will do my best.
    Congratulations buddy

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Is anyone gonna nominate anyone else for the Modding Service Award or Legio 501st?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, I'm planning on nominating someone eventually for the modding service award.

If you want to nominate someone go ahead.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Yo. What’s new? Not been around a while as Warhammer....argh. Failing miserably on Three Kingdoms. The main man and legend Sir Hader is Curator? This is a nice I like! What’s a prefect? Admittedly I could look it up in the constitution alas, not easy on a phone....at the pub, bored a fair bit by tedious work colleagues! I could grill these prefects for a laugh like. Hope you’re all well. Any ostrakon I can do for old times sake?

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Blog Entries

I am back to civilization, if that is indeed a good thing.

Consul and Praefect elections are up, still no praefect applications...come on you lazy dogs and apply!

I'll do more catch-up as the week goes on. I think most big thing are taken care of (or were earlier in my term), though I may end up eating those words at some point.

And Sir Q, it's consul now, not curator...you really need to catch up most I think, or we could ostrakon you for practice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    The main man and legend Sir Hader is Curator? This is a nice I like!
    yes basically he gave the Curia the killing blow..

jokes aside, a lot has changed recently, maybe an old rascal like you can find a bit of incentive to be back in action?? The Curia desperately needs experienced dudes that can bring in new ideas and proposals, as it is today it's a barren land
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    yes basically he gave the Curia the killing blow..
    Quite accurate, if you ask me. But early days and all, I understand that Order 66 is not a short term project and I'm still curious to see how things go for the time being. I do wonder of course what Hader's timeframe actually is, and when we might expect to see the fruits of this labour.

Blog Entries

I didn't ask you, though

But I was expecting a similar comment from someone.. however I don't really believe that that depends on the Order 66, the decline of the Curia has started years ago.. if anything I believe that we waited too much before trying to do something sensible to "transform" it. And in any case Order 66 is a curial decision, so it's not just Hader's responsibility, therefore hopefully those who voted for it will as well step forward to help to make it effective.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

I didn't ask you, though

But I was expecting a similar comment from someone.. however I don't really believe that that depends on the Order 66, the decline of the Curia has started years ago.. if anything I believe that we waited too much before trying to do something sensible to "transform" it. And in any case Order 66 is a curial decision, so it's not just Hader's responsibility, therefore hopefully those who voted for it will as well step forward to help to make it effective.
    No one ever asks me

But I'm not here to snipe or be bitter (as best I can manage). We could all see the decline of the Curia, the problem was simply discovering the cause(s) of the decline and what we should do about it. I remain opposed to the direction the Curia chose with Order 66, but for entirely philosophical, rather than personal reasons. I hope that my opposition is misplaced and that I will be proven wrong, as I would rather see a thriving Curia than a dead one, even if it doesn't thrive in the ways in which I would have wished it. I don't believe it will happen, nor can I betray my principles to help it to, so I'm just watching on; I'm not here to scupper any plans or make life difficult for anyone. But I am curious as to what the plan is. I agree that it is not just Hader's problem, but it is his brainchild and - unless I'm mistaken - he has taken up office, in part if not in whole, to help implement these changes. I don't think its unreasonable to ask him how the process is going, what the plan going forward is and when it is likely to achieve some of its initial objectives.

Blog Entries

I don't doubt that you have only the best intentions, still I don't think he should in any way feel responsible for the success of the Order 66. I don't doubt he decided to apply as a Curator/Consul in order to ease the overhaul needed by that, but IMO he already went the extra mile by doing so... my personal idea is that he will pass the baton to someone else soon, but I might be wrong.
    However, I'm not insisting on the point because I want to defend Hader (heck I actually hate him! ), I'm just telling that the Curia is what we make of it, in other words no one can "save it" by themselves, it was, is and will always be a communal effort.. the lack of interest and participation is what is killing the Curia, just that.. that's why I said that we probably acted too late.. and when I say "we" I mean the Curia.

No one ever asks me
    I'll ask you money, then

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

However, I'm not insisting on the point because I want to defend Hader (heck I actually hate him! ), I'm just telling that the Curia is what we make of it, in other words no one can "save it" by themselves, it was, is and will always be a communal effort.. the lack of interest and participation is what is killing the Curia, just that.. that's why I said that we probably acted too late.. and when I say "we" I mean the Curia.
    And this proposal was designed, in part, to increase interest and participation, thus saving the Curia. So that seems like a reasonable standard to hold it to. But as I've said, it is early in the day and activity typically slumps over the summer, so I'm not casting a judgement on it now, as that would be a little unfair. Six months is still something of a significant milestone though, so it would be nice to hear some opinions on how it has gone so far and what comes next. I thought Hader might be best placed to answer, given that he proposed it and has served since as Consul, but I'd be quite happy to hear from anyone.