Default Re: Townhall - Curial Commentary and Chat

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post

Why has Flinn deleted the last 4 Curial Reports?????

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

After Hader left the Consulship he did some funky with the Curial Report thread so now every post made there after his post is posted as a comment in his CMS article. Flinn is currently working on fixing that. No content should be lost.

Blog Entries

After Hader left the Consulship he did some funky with the Curial Report thread so now every post made there after his post is posted as a comment in his CMS article. Flinn is currently working on fixing that. No content should be lost.
    Deleting or removing posts from the Curial report thread has no bearing on the Hadar's CMS thread, any posts there would be moderated by options in that software.

Why would that even be an issue to begin with?

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

You're welcome to ask Hader that.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Here I am, my bad but I was sick for a couple of days.

So, Hader somewhat managed to link his Curial report to the Curia CMS, probably using the "promoting to article features" which is broken, so now every subsequent reply on the same thread is also posted as a comment on Hader's CMS article, which shouldn't happen of course. The crazy part is that when you delete the comment, it also deletes the original reply on the Curial Information and Reports; that's what happened in this case, the deletion of the original replies wasn't intentional of course, I will reinstate them in few minutes.

I dunno if that thing with the double post on the CMS it's solvable, I will see if I can solve this puzzle, but I think it needs someone with higher tech powers, sadly; Anyways a double post in the CMS isn't a big issue, let's just hope that there isn't going to be a limit to the comments on CMS articles, because that could possibly affect the posts on the Curial Reports and Information thread as well. Time will tell.

Last edited by Flinn; October 19, 2021 at 06:14 AM. Reason: bugging typo
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Here I am, my bad but I was sick for a couple of days.

So, Hader somewhat managed to link his Curial report to the Curia CMS, probably using the "promoting to article features" which is broken, so now every subsequent reply on the same thread is also posted as a comment on Hader's CMS article, which shouldn't happen of course. The crazy part is that when you delete the comment, it also deletes the original reply on the Curial Information and Reports; that's what happened in this case, the deletion of the original replies wasn't intentional of course, I will reinstate them in few minutes

Based on what you describe there could be a foreign key dependency between the two somewhere in the database, and it cascades on delete. If that is the case, it should be trivial for someone with db access to remove/fix the dependency.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Well I reported that on the due place, if someone with DB access will pop up, they might well be solving that.

However, I reinstated the deleted-by-mistake posts, sorry for the hassle
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Shoot Augustus Lucifer a PM, he get email notifications about them and has said if he's needed to solve something like this to just PM him about it so he knows to check in.

Blog Entries

I will

Blog Entries

Where is Hadar's CMS page?

​​

The House of Baltar

Blog Entries

It's Hader's Curial CMS Report Article, that you can find here.

Quite bizarre to characterize those asking for more flexibility as "so-called elites", particularly given that the most reactionary opposition to these amendments seems to be coming from Moderators/Administrators/Tribunes (i.e. those in entrenched positions who benefit most from the removal of Citizen oversight).
    The discussion was archived but I wanted to address the misconception though my use of the term "so-called elites." The term was not directed at any one person or a specific group of people, but the entire citizenry.
    s citizens we are supposed to represent hr very best in posting and contribution. We should find ways to increase the standard of conduct, not reduce it.

In any event, if the goal is to safeguard citizens from "moderation abuses," then the proposal is remiss as it leave the "masses" to proverbial "wolves." it does not speak fondly of citizens that we care so little except how it affects us.

Anyway, I see the thread has been "archived' so this is a good thing. Just wanted to clarify my points.

You really need to make up your mind if citizenship is an award or a status. You are constantly oscillating between the two.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

It's whatever allows Pike to be contrarian in any given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    You really need to make up your mind if citizenship is an award or a status. You are constantly oscillating between the two.
    I have never regarded it has anything different than a status.

In fact, I reject the notion that it is an award committee and I would prefer that it only conferred citizenship only. I concede that large award also confers "citizenship" when is not already offered and i fine with that. I am also fine with specific "Curia" awards. However, I am against the notion that awards should be given beyond that.

I also eject the notion that it is a "pool" for staff work. Staff work is contribution for which members can be recognized and given citizenship for, but never as a result of.

I have always referred to citizenship as a status and objected the removal of the term "rank." I can live with "class" as it is only semantics. I have said as much in the pass. Moreover, i would have a higher penalty for receiving an infraction than just three months. I wold increase it to 6 months. If more than two in a year, an automatic ostrakon should be initiated. If we can define "higher standard" or what is meant by "spirit of the ToS, I would have that has a three month suspension. A different discussion, but the bottom line, follow the ToS, and if you can't be bothered with being an exemplar of the site, then you have no business wearing a badge of the site. period.

If that is not clear to you that citizenship is a status to me, then I don't know what is.

ps... I was also against the inclusion of non-citizens in the prothalomos. If a member has not contributed to the site, through contributions of good postings and if they cannot be bothered to be an exemplar, why do I care what they think the site should do. I once remarked that the fact that any member would reject citizenship who is otherwise an exemplar of the site, speaks volume for how citizenship is perceived.

If it is a status then a status can only be revoked by the group that granted it, not by moderation. The Curia will be more than just an awards committee if and when it will police itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    If it is a status then a status can only be revoked by the group that granted it, not by moderation. The Curia will be more than just an awards committee if and when it will police itself.
    It cannot be revoked by moderation. I have also never stated that it should either.
    The Curia has policed itself. We have determined that if you cannot follow the ToS, then your citizenship will be suspended. This is what should have happened under the previous system as well. If citizens are posting according tot he "spirit of the ToS then they should never run afoul of the ToS.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

It can be revoked by moderation, actually. When an indefinite suspension is issued a citizenship automatically has their citizenship revoked, not suspended.

his is what should have happened under the previous system as well.
    This is a gross misrepresentation of how the referral process worked. You cannot compare an automatic suspension with a process that allowed leniency and consideration of the factors at hand.

It can be revoked by moderation, actually. When an indefinite suspension is issued a citizenship automatically has their citizenship revoked, not suspended.
    It wasn't always so. I actually made the proposal to make this so. it is common sense. If you are indefinitely suspended that you are no longer citizen.

This is a gross misrepresentation of how the referral process worked. You cannot compare an automatic suspension with a process that allowed leniency and consideration of the factors at hand.
    As I said, if you cannot minimally follow the ToS, then you should have right to display the badge. We have rejected applicants who having not received a infraction in the past 6 months but previously have shown to run afoul of it. Should we not expect the same of current citizens? You seem to have supported this notion in previous ostrakons.