Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Default Re: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

It seems my installment is missing a unit for the Greek faction in Syracuse.
    Can you give details? We did remove some units last minute because I wasn’t sure if there was room in the files. I know that faction has to few units but I am hoping to make a new greek unit pack shortly, and will address this issue then. These new units will be comparable with the romans in detail etc and a simple drag n drop installation.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

amazing! I specially love the hoplons sizes but

oooooooooopss missed spear texture???
    PD: how can I create a spoiler to post pics??thanks

oooooooooopss missed spear texture???
    It looks like you have changed the skeletons to use the overhand anims, so the game has used the original spear. I think this indicates that way back in time the original model was a cataphract.

Personally I don’t like those anims, I don’t know how long you could hold a spear in the air for! when you consider some battles went on for hours or all day, then I don’t think that stance is realistic, I would prefer the ‘held high’ position, where the hoplite holds the spear underarm but above the shield [as you see in films like 300, original 300].
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

I prefered my one, it´s historically accurate as your one but yours is tired cause they do the same movement aaaaaaall the time and it sucks for me..as we say in Spain "To each his own"

ha yea to each his own

They all have limited movements, that’s the trouble with rtw, in fact the skeletons don’t even relate to each other so when you see two soldiers fighting, they are doing it blind - so to say.

M2tw has a far better fighting system.

yesss I know it

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

"ALEX_agrian_javelin_skirmishers" is the unit that it can't find the textures for or something. I can do with out it for now but just letting you know.

ok i think we have already got rid of it with the files on the release thread, cos i cant find it anywhere.

please note! update on opening post of this thread.

update;

Small error correction, ~ just drag n drop these two text files to correct an error [there was a comma in the EDB where there should not have been lols]. this error may have cause crashes with the later builds of the barracks. the EDU just has a few minor changes but it not essential.
    Last edited by Amorphos; July 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM.

I tried to install this mod several times and it always tells me it can't because it can't create some file. It's like uninstall something. It's got like $ in the name too.

I have updated game versions and I'm installing on the admin user with full permissions and all that good stuff.

Any thoughts?

This sounds like you have an earlier version of rtw, maybe 1.2 or something?

try a different installer version [there are 2] and if that dont work...

Try using the zip version on the release thread, unzip it to wherever you download to, and paste the file called Sparta into your main rome folder [read the readme].

Thanks for the fast reply! I will give that a try asap.

I have rome total war gold v1.5

Orian1020's Avatar Laetus

I'm having a problem with battles on this mod. Every time I start a battle the screen just goes black. I can still hear the general talking and the soilders yelling but theres nothing on the screen just blackness.
    This happens in custom battles and campaign battles so Im guessing theres just something a matter with the battle map. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about three times but the same thing always happens.

Orian1020

Sorry you had to re-install so much ~ it does sound like an instillation problem. The screen goes black on many mods I have used including this one, but usually only for a second and only if you are using vista or win7, it should then bring your straight back to the game. You should always install to a location outside of your programs file and with the UAC turned off, otherwise the virtual file system may protect your installation and not install this mod properly.

Orian1020's Avatar Laetus

Alright well thanks for the reply. I have been installing it to the program files folder so ill try putting it somewhere else. Thanks again.

Edit: I found out what the problem was. The screen resolution for the battle map was to high for my computer so I just lowered it to the same as the campaign map resolution. Works fine now. Great mod by the way I always love conquering places with Athens.
    Last edited by Orian1020; October 18, 2010 at 03:00 PM.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hi Guys, I just downloaded Sparta Total War 3, On BI 1.6, the download whent well and it's working, but it's extremely slow for some reason, I have a nice gaming computer, I had previously downloaded RS1.6 and I was playing with huge armies of 8000 on the battlefied and sometimes 12000, and still was running smooth, but with Sparta TW, even with like 2000 infantry is slow as hell, can someone help me please love this mod and by the way I have windows 7.
    Last edited by GM207; November 07, 2010 at 03:11 PM.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

update;

Small error correction, ~ just drag n drop these two text files to correct an error [there was a comma where there should not have been lols]. this error may have cause crashes with the later builds of the barracks.

Attached below…

try running it in rtw, it hasnt been tested much on bi though some of the team use it on that. i dont have a very good pc but it runs fine on mine. also make sure it has been installed properly, i run vista which has problems when you install to program files, i am not sure if win7 has a virtual drive like vista but that could cause problems if it does.

if win7 does then make a copy of rome outside of program files e.g. in your user section, add sparta then make your shotcut aim at that installation.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hello thanks bro, it's still somewhat slow!
    Any other suggestions?
    On another note, I was trying for a long time to download Sparta 3.5 untill I finaly got lucky and installed it, or so I thought, cz when I am playing the campaign and go into seiging a city and attack after I get he seige iquiepment, the battlefield woud'nt load properly and log me out of the game completly, I tried with a diffrent city, same thing and then I tried a land battle same thing as well, only when I attack and go into the battlefield it load for a while then poof, logs me out any suggestions?
    I also read you guys are working on Sparta 4, is it going to be compatible with W7, and is there going to be any characters in it like Leonidas?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by GM207; November 07, 2010 at 08:16 PM.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    I also read you guys are working on Sparta 4, is it going to be compatible with W7, and is there going to be any characters in it like Leonidas?
    Not the Leonidas you're thinking of, at least. STW starts in 380 BC, a century after Thermopylae.

Anywho, I'm not sure exactly what I'm allowed to say regarding STW4, but there was previously talk of new unit packs for 3.5. Quetz, maybe you can shed some light onto the status of said units?