Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Default Re: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugas View Post
    where I made a mistake in the installation? every time it stuck
    http://img687.imageshack.us/i/dscf0003c.jpg
    i tried to see your image and saw this:
    404 Not Found

nginx/0.7.64
    what exactly did you do? if you download the installer version of the mod, it practically does the installation by itself and you also have the icon of the mod on your screen. you are ready to play so i cannot imagine what went wrong, can you give us more details?
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

where I made a mistake in the installation? every time it stuck
    Try the installer version in the stw download area. If you got a further problem please give details.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

sorry here is the picture http://yfrog.com/83dscf0003kj or http://pictureup.cz/picture/verejny/...92dscf0003.jpg

what is the smallest possible graphics settings?
    Last edited by Fugas; March 13, 2010 at 08:50 AM.

Well I have never seen invisible riders before lols. is it just that unit or does it often happen?

You must use the highest graphical setting for textures, but you can turn off shadows and change other settings like unit size.

also check that your graphic card is set to performance and not quality.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quetzalcoatl - Am i missing anything over here?? any further downloads etc..cheers mate

Hi toon, well nothing visible is occurring, our modeller tends to work in batches so we will have some mythology_tw stuff quite soon. I am not sure if we will do anything more for Sparta on this platform, I may make an m2 version once there is a classical base with buildings. Mainly I am waiting to see if CA will make rome2, I guess we will know by the end of summer if they plan a release next year.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Hi toon, well nothing visible is occurring, our modeller tends to work in batches so we will have some mythology_tw stuff quite soon. I am not sure if we will do anything more for Sparta on this platform, I may make an m2 version once there is a classical base with buildings. Mainly I am waiting to see if CA will make rome2, I guess we will know by the end of summer if they plan a release next year.

Thanks for update mate!! i am still playing this mod and spreading the word on how good it is mate

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

Not sure if it's an actual bug or just my computer, but I just started the mod as Sparta and every time I enter in a battle the game freezes. Happened at the rebel city west of Sparta so after I rebooted to get back on, I just let the 4 turns run out then went to the NW rebel city that Corinth had just taken. Ended up assaulting to avoid their full stack running at me and the game froze in mid-battle as well.

edit: Thinking that maybe having not touched RTW in a year that I may have installed it wrong, I just uninstalled all the mods, folders, and such. Anything to do with RTW was taken off my computer. Then I reinstalled and patched it with 1.3 then 1.5. Copied the folder so I could have an untouched original as backup and installed STW into the copy. Started up the game, began a Sparta campaign, and the same issue occurred. 2-3 turns in, I moved my army west to the rebel city, assaulted, started fighting then the game freezes. Couldn't alt-tab, ctrl alt del, or alt-f4. Nothing worked except rebooting.
    Last edited by Arlin; March 14, 2010 at 11:55 PM.
    "Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution; the only wrong what is against it....."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hmm, though one. Can you play Vanilla or any other mod ?

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

Vanilla won't even load up... I click the shortcut and nothing happens... Wtf? Never had this type of problem before.

Oh, I reinstalled earlier for the 2nd time. Got in game and actually lasted through a battle without freezing. But the next battle froze almost instantly. *sigh*
    "Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution; the only wrong what is against it....."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Vanilla won't even load up... I click the shortcut and nothing happens... Wtf? Never had this type of problem before.
    That sounds dubious, get your vanilla rome working first then install the md after backing up your working version! Also don’t install to program files if you are running vista, it has a virtual drive so the game wont recognise changes. ...and old installs may still be there even after deletion.

This is an unusual error as you are not getting an error message or a ctd, so I am unsure if it is to do with the game or if it’s the installation. I presume your pc usually runs rome fine [at highest settings for textures]?

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

Yeah, my computer is well above the needed requirements to run RTW on the highest settings. So I agree that it is rather odd for vanilla to not even work. I'll keep working on it in a little while to try to get that working. Hopefully if vanilla works then the STW will follow suit.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

Okay, it did it again. Uninstalled it all and reinstalled. I patched to 1.5 then tried vanilla. Worked perfectly. Started a Brutii campaign, hit Appolonia, assaulted. No freeze in the battle. Installed STW (that I dl'ed from Sean's sticky thread). I even looked at the STW 3.5 release thread and followed it's directions for copying the banners and models engine folder from the Sparta mod folder to the RTW one and overwriting those. Started the game up again and began as Sparta. Assaulted Mellene (or w/e the west city of rebels is called) and it froze 5 minutes into the fight. Thankfully I was able to alt-tab where I closed RTW (and it gave a general error for a non-responsive program). Then I went to try vanilla again and it was still working.

I'm confused as to why STW isn't working for me... Is there some in-game settings that I don't have on? Or maybe I should use the STW 3.5 release thread downloads and way of installation instead of Sean's?

edit: Hurray! I got it working. Don't wanna naysay Sean's download area, but that was my issue... I used the download in the STW 3.5 Release thread and followed those directions. Other than a few issues with having to click the shortcut 10-20 times before the game would finally start, it's been working perfect. Already in a heated war with Corinth as well as now fighting those damn treacherous boy-loving Athenians... (Never would have expected a half-stack ambush at Rhodes... *flips the bird to Athens*)
    Last edited by Arlin; March 16, 2010 at 03:50 AM.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Glad you got it sorted, so you used the non installer version, or hip63’s installer? …but seans didn’t work for you?

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

I used the non-installer and it worked. Sean's wouldn't work for me.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok thanks for letting us know arlin

Hi guys. Fantastic work for this mod.The forum is huge and i am a little lost...My problem is that Macedonia and Sparta have the same (inverted V) as logo which is wrong i think.I found and downloaded and replaced the Macedonian logo whith the star but this happened only in the choose faction screen and in the cities on the strategy map.How do i correct the Macedonian symbol in the diplomacy screen (still inverted V) and in the game screen down right under the date.
    Thanks for reading this
    Keep up the good work.

hi lemoni

Yes I noticed this too, it doesn’t matter what I do but mak and Sparta use the same designs, so if I change mak then Sparta gets their design too. It may be because we only added the cultures we changed, so the game may not be reading the correlations properly.

Sorry I couldn’t find a way to change it, coding isn’t my strong point.

No need to be sorry.It is of little importance this bug.The mod is fantastic and STABLE so after 3 years i play again RTW!

Thanks mate.

You may get the odd sticky map error in southern Greece, the type where you just need to go back to a saved game and move the armies/agents around a bit, I get that in vanilla too. Hence keep plenty of saves!