Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

Default Re: Bugs, issues and installation problems thread.

OK, I will try that thanks!

everytime i play a battle all i see is water and my men drowned at the bottom..

In custom battle yes, try a different map [battlefield] as we didn’t get the chance to sort them all out when we added the new campaign map.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by silvastian View Post
    everytime i play a battle all i see is water and my men drowned at the bottom..
    Grassy Flatland works. It's where I play all my CBs.

I've been meaning to go through and make a list of which maps work and don't work, but I keep forgetting.

We need to convince KB to make the maps work, then perhaps we could make a patch and add in some fun packs [code them in].
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

hi, i don´t want bother to a fantastic job but i have STEAM version (rome total war gold 1.5) and i´ve instaled your wonder mod.. In campaign´s map all runs fine but in battle the game ALWAYS freeze eternally and i must to quit the game. I´ve reduced to minimal the graphic preferences and nothing happens. I have a i7 with 16gb ram ,and win 7, i guess this should run very fine but...

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanls
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º
    ---------------------------------

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

Please help me!! this is serious!
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peregrino View Post
    hi, i don´t want bother to a fantastic job but i have STEAM version (rome total war gold 1.5) and i´ve instaled your wonder mod.. In campaign´s map all runs fine but in battle the game ALWAYS freeze eternally and i must to quit the game. I´ve reduced to minimal the graphic preferences and nothing happens. I have a i7 with 16gb ram ,and win 7, i guess this should run very fine but...

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanls
    Have you got latest Video card drivers?

^^thanks toon

Sorry for late reply as I’v been away on hols.

Ensure you got the show_err command in your shortcut ~ as below in red. This will tell you what the problem is when you run the game. You must have unit graphics on max and your pc should run this no problem.

"C:\Users\name\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

I am not sure how to run it on steam, maybe look in the workshop for threads about this. I expect the problem is to do with that!

no, i don´t have units to max graphics however i have ammount units to huge...but i have a max pc for rome total war (or shogun 2)!!

i don´t understand this
    Napoleon 1º

Napoleon I

You ‘must’ have units to max graphics!

What don’t you understand? Right click on your Sparta shortcut and paste this to the end of your shortcut…

RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

After

….Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe"
    As shown. Then run the game.

If you are using vista or win7 then you need to copy your entire rome folder to your documents folder or anywhere outside of program files, otherwise the mod wont work ~ and this is the problem you probably have, as its what most people get.

Try all this then get back to us.

We are making an update so I’ll ask toon if he can take a look at getting it to work for steam ~ then with the new maps etc we can all play online.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Hmm...not sure on this issue either as I have disc version of the game? And my install is in my program files and works 100% with no problems to report on.

Peregrino - try turning off your UAC as I see your using w7? See if that works

gentlemen and masters of the game

First of all let me express my gratitude for the attention you gave me.

First I apologize but since English is not my native language I sometimes get confused.

Secondly, yes, I followed the instructions to the letter, I cornered the words I say in the executable
    and of course it does work the mod Sparta.

Thirdly I have it disabled UAC since I bought this PC for many reasons.

Fourth, although I have updated the graphics card and its software.

BUT, I've played and the game is still frozen in battle and forcing me to drop to the desktop ..

Is the solution to all the most graphics performance?

thanks in advance
    Napoleon 1º

Napoleon I

what error message did the game give you [assuming you followed my instructions]?

have you copied your rome folder to your documents folder, and created a new shortcut to that location!?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    what error message did the game give you [assuming you followed my instructions]?

have you copied your rome folder to your documents folder, and created a new shortcut to that location!?

the friendly game will not give me any message errors of any kind, you just have to drop to desktop and disconnect.

The recall, sir, that is steam, and if I move the file probably will not work in any case.

what can i do?
    Napoleon 1º

Napoleon I

Hello, I need to ask if anyone knows which animation should i choose for the best possible version of "overhead hoplite" ??

I usually play Athens or Sparti and the Romans are far to agile.

Need to differentiate my phalanxes to "heavy" (macedonian style) and "light" (classic style) to counter them.

10nx!

I think this is the overhead spear anim, but there are others if this doesn’t suit.

fs_o_f_spearman

It really needs to be used in conjunction with the ‘shield wall’ formation in BI so you will need to run the mod in BI. Just make a copy of your BI shortcut and add this to the end of the target line [right click on icon then click on properties and you’ll see the target line highlighted.
    There is a single space after BI-EXE [after the commas] then this text needs to be pasted in…

-show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

I think that’s it anyways.

Sparta4 will have the anim’s in it [and appropriate late units] but will be a month or two until release, maybe more.

OK, I will add this one.
    Thanks and good luck with the project!

haven;t read the whole thread but if it;s 380 bc
    A. where is agisilaos?
    B.Where are is thivai? 9 years later they promptly kicked some spartan b*** in Lefktra.
    C.Too much historical inaccuracy
    thanks!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by pHANOS View Post
    haven;t read the whole thread but if it;s 380 bc
    A. where is agisilaos?
    There weren't many changes to the family trees in 3.5. We didn't view it as a priority. We'll see what we can do about accurate starting family trees for our next release, but we can't promise anything.

B.Where are is thivai? 9 years later they promptly kicked some spartan b*** in Lefktra.
    I think you mean Thebai. I've actually suggested in the past that we should axe the Numidians and replace them with Thebes, so you aren't the first person to miss them.

C.Too much historical inaccuracy
    Our primary concern with STW3 was fun factor rather than absolute historical accuracy. None of the team wanted the mod to be a 380 BC version of EB or RTR (with all due respect and admiration to the teams behind those excellent quality mods, of course). But like I mentioned in my response to Question A, we're working on our next release which will be STW4 and this time we're aiming for a deeper level of historical accuracy. It's still unlikely we'll go as far as other mods do in terms of historical accuracy, but we're working toward a good balance between HA and fun factor.

thanks!
    Thank you, both for trying our mod and for your feedback. We appreciate it.