Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cavalry units-some artwork before previews

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Cavalry units-some artwork before previews

very good ottomans congrats +rep dome

Btw Voyniks are horse archers ?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If Vlachs fought as horse archers that unit could be stay but there should be a light infantry Voynik unit too.

Some pics btw

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Vlachs could be used as Voyniks too but Voyniks are mainly Bulgarians and other slavs, as I said that organization founded in Bosnia.
    I think that Voyniks is not a term specific to certain unit, but a general Slavic term that refer to people who are skilled in fighting. Therefore there might be Voyniks in both Hungarian and Ottoman armies and they might be units of different equipment. BUt still they are Vlach men skilled in fighting and that is what Voyniks mean.

I dedicate it from Polish. Voyniks is probably a world of the same origin as Wojowie. In old literature letter W was replaced with V while letter j with y. So we can the modern Polish word Wojowie write as Voyovie. Wojowie/Voyovie is a plural form of Woj/Voy, which can be translated as warrior - so a man skilled in fighting. First part of Voyniks is the same as in Polish example - Voy.

Yes probably coming from that general term but Voyniks in the Ottoman armies generally light auxillary and not a important combat force, as you said may be these Vlachs are not in the same category with Voyniks which I mentioned but generally called Voyniks.

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

similar in Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian language "vojnik" (sometimes in old variant of language there could be y -voynik) means "soldier". a really general term that can apply to large variety of troops.

May these Vlachs are vassal forces but generally called Voyniks ? since Romanian principalities were vassals of Ottomans, the Voynik organization which I know can't be work in the vassal lands.
    Last edited by Tureuki; September 24, 2011 at 04:35 AM.

those wlach units ar for the hungarians...
    we also made light spear for the infantry:

May these Vlachs are vassal forces but generally called Voyniks ? since Romanian principalities were vassals of Ottomans, the Voynik organization which I know can't be work in the vassal lands.
    depends on when...
    also vlachs lived in the hungarian kingdom too, so there would no need to recruit them from the principalities.

I've talked with my historians(I mean real ones) about you suggestions:
    -turban helmet: there are 2 partys in these days. One says that its a stupidity, another says it could be.
    So I won't alter it.
    -turkish bodyguards: we will make them, my historian friens start to collect miniatures and descriptions about them
    -azabs: if they were recruited from balkans, they use spear, simply because they had another attitude to fight. Since I'm a hungarian, and I focusing on hungarian front, I wont alter it. If I ever make a mod with these units, I would make an antolian azab with halbred.
    -arab turbans: My objective was to represent the poorest light cavalry with one unit(actually 2: 1 spear 1 archer) ,and I didn't separate the anatolian and the rumelian type.

I already said before Vlachs could be used too, but the Voynik organization which I know are mostly poor Bulgarians, these Vlachs as I said looks different from the Voynik organization but that Voynik word used as a general term I guess.

There is turban covered helmets but not in that style, you can see them in the pics.

Ok, lets keep spearmen Azap alongside with the archer and halberd Azaps, but just please revise their outlook, these could be useful(I pointed them with the black arrow)

I didn't understand the last one, Arab turbans have nothing with Anatolia

I think those azab has perfect balcanic look, so I donT know whats your problem...
    My voynik units aren't part of any organization. These are parts of the hungarian auxiliray forces not ottomans. Those are recruited from the vlach peoples, thats all.

Ofcourse arabs has nothng to do with anatolia, but the turk army here in Hungary consist of 2 'parts' rumelian and anatolian. In the anatolian part are many non europian troops, like horsemens from arabic regions. Thats all.

As the helmets I dont understand what do you mean...

There isn't only Rumelian forces as you know and Azaps as I said mostly from Anatolia.

Ottomans didn't recruited any regular force from Arab regions.

I mean these turban covered helmets are not Ottoman charesteristic.

There isn't only Rumelian forces as you know and Azaps as I said mostly from Anatolia.

Ottomans didn't recruited any regular force from Arab regions.
    oh , jshflasjfhpafiojaéwrkvmadlfmvn...

I dont really care that

I told you 1000 times I focusing on hungarian battles.
    And here were definatly rumelian forces mostly. Thats all.
    And as far as I know akinjis and other raider troops weren't regulars rather auxiliaris. So there is a CHNACE that SOME of them are arabs. As in the modell there is a CHNACE that SOME of the turbans has those arabic look. NOT all.

The helmets are especially turkish , I made after pics from various museums in New York, Vienna, Budapest, Istambul etc... They have a turban around them thats all. If you could specify why those turbans aren't turkish(???) may I could do something, if not....

There was Anatolian troops in almost all major conflicts in the Balkans.

Akinjis are an organization not a simple auxiliary cavalry, there was no Arabs.

Don't tell me that Ottomans used turban covered helmets in that style

No need to be aggressive, nobody denies your great work, whats wrong with send suggests.

There was Anatolian troops in almost all major conflicts in the Balkans.

Akinjis are an organization not a simple auxiliary cavalry, there was no Arabs.

Don't tell me that Ottomans used turban covered helmets in that style

No need to be aggressive, nobody denies your great work, whats wrong with send suggests.
    ehh...

call them than auxiliary cavalry whatever. Yes akinjis was an organization, but still not professional troops.
    I didn't mention here azabs did I?

Ok I dont tell you, than what? Still ,you didn't post any pics or description how is look like, just telling that isn't look turkish. So after the 4th post about them I getting nervous. If you konw it so well, why you didnt post a turkish turban or somthing? hm?

anyways its not a living project yet, and this thread is for hungarian cavalry ,not for turkish units. If you have any other suggestion, please send me in pm.

thanx

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Vlach auxiliary picture based on paintings and descriptions.

Some Ottoman troops

Vlach Voynik heavy infantry man.
    In this form Vlachs participated in Mehmet II's south Greece campaign against Negro Ponte ,Athens and Morea.

TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

It was not too common what description should I post ? , you can see a turban covered helmet in far right

Turbans in the Ottoman empire

paintings from the 18-19th century?...

whatever, in the first I saw a turban coverd hemet, which not differs much the models of mine, in the 2nd group I see just in the far right.

Anyways as I said its offtopic. send me pm or post it here: http://totalwar.hu/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=435

d.

Paintings are mostly historical , these're drawed for the conquest museum under the control of historians.

My suggests are done but you will probably will not care them do whatever you want.

ok
    I still dont have any info about those turbans. Maybe you see difference there, but I dont In the qouted topic you could post whatever you want more, but I prefer reserve this for hungarian cavalry.

I was wondering when will the Hungarian mounted units shown in this thread be made available in the mod? I've been waiting to see them in action for ages...