Thread: Will there be several periods for uniforms?

Default Will there be several periods for uniforms?

The period of Napoleon total war (1796-1815) has a big problem : a lot of states changed several times the uniforms of their armies.
    For the french: the revolutionnary uniforms are not the same that during Empire ( and I could speak also of the changes during 1804-1815).
    Some countries changed also of uniforms like Prussia or Russia ...
    Some nations like hessia, saxony have been ennemies or allied of Napoleon at differents periods, and they have different uniforms.
    Some, like bavarians, kept their uniforms when they fought against Napoleon and when they were allied with him.
    All of that is very complicated but if noone of CA has think about it it could create very strange things on the battlefield. I thought about it seing the trailer yesterday: they speak about the Italy campaign and we see empire french line infantry and not the revolutionnary one with bicorns.

Default Re: Will there be several periods for uniforms?

I hope they change the uniforms or give you a choice to change your uniforms. it would be cool if they let you customize your nations uniforms.
    SS (SeattleSteel)

Yes it would be cool, but I am very sceptical about the editor of uniforms: could we only change colors? If we can go further like changing a shako by a bicorn, could we change the model of bicorn? Because a lot of units of the Napoleonic wars still have bicorns but not the same model in the different armies ( big one, small one...)

If all players can use this editor of uniforms it would be quite simple I think, like only changing colors...

Quote Originally Posted by bossrobert View Post
    I hope they change the uniforms or give you a choice to change your uniforms. it would be cool if they let you customize your nations uniforms.
    Great idea !!! I would be realy cool !!!