Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RTW 2 Rumors/What would make it better?

Cornelius Plautus's Avatar Centenarius

Default RTW 2 Rumors/What would make it better?

I've heard whisperings of a Rome: Total War 2 in production. They're probably only rumors, but if there were to be a RTW2, what sort of features would you want it to have?

-Click on the Eagle for a Surprise!-

Default Re: RTW 2 Rumors/What would make it better?

a united rome and a deeper greek culture
    http://e-sim.org/lan.126366/

Je t'aime ma petite chou!

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Mixed naval and land battles.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

A more competitive online setup. With rankings and stuff =p

Yep i agree with that lot

There's already a thread about this.....
    "The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise." Tacitus on Health & Safety
    "Abuse, if you slight it, will gradually die away; but if you show yourself irritated, you will be thought to have deserved it." Tacitus on trolling

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

The option to dbl-left-click somewhere onto the ground so that the camera moves there.

Yeah it's available in RTW but is it still in ETW? - no - so it would be cool to get it back into
    the newer engine.

~S~ CD
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

No steam and not needing Bill Gates's PC to run the damn thing.

gaius_caesar's Avatar Decanus

fix the damn Horse galloping animation! I hate seeing horses glide on the ground. I like R2:TW (Man RTW sounds so good with that 2) to have different skins system that M2:TW has

I agree with the "unified Rome" suggestion. Begin where the vanilla RTW campaign ends: with the Empire in its heyday.

There are so many problems with the strategic game, I don't see any point in posting a laundry list. Suffice to say I think it should be redone completely from scratch.

The only significant issue I have with the tactical game is the unit speed. Even the so-called "normal" speed setting is insanely fast. How hard would it be to, at the very least, add another speed arrow - set at around 1/2 of the current lowest speed?

No obviously fake made up units. Like Roman Battlefield ninjas.

chat Lobby in multiplayer... and a like someone said up above somewhere, deeper MP with ranking system etc

Less special unit packs that contain overpowered units like with Empire.

Baron Von Stupid's Avatar Libertus

1.) Better multiplayer (ranks and different modes)
    2.) easy to mod
    3.) more provinces, units, and factions
    4.) as mentioned before no made-up units
    5.) better depiction of non-roman factions
    6.) better AI ,both in campaign and battles
    Gaming YouTube Channel
    Other YouTube Channel
    My Art Gallery
    "A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights."

I don't think AI in Total War games will ever that great. It could get better, but it'll will never pose too great a challenge simply because it seems to me that there are too many variables on the battlefield.

Use the minor factions option to represent the many clans and tribes of the barbaric factions. i.e. Instead of Gaul, you have Arverni, Belgae, etc, and Germans are the Chatti, suebi, etc.

NO,Ranking systems would be horrible because people will just crash the games to not lose points. This will also lead to spam of elite units and therefore not a good idea. Things i want is a larger campaign map such as the eastern sele empire and maybe more of arabia. Anyways no steam at all. Never ever ever again. Steam is a really bad idea. I mean even gs was preferable but how about the server for BF2. 64 players in a single match. it would be nice to do a 4v4 without lag or crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|R|Esso View Post
    NO,Ranking systems would be horrible because people will just crash the games to not lose points. This will also lead to spam of elite units and therefore not a good idea. Things i want is a larger campaign map such as the eastern sele empire and maybe more of arabia. Anyways no steam at all. Never ever ever again. Steam is a really bad idea. I mean even gs was preferable but how about the server for BF2. 64 players in a single match. it would be nice to do a 4v4 without lag or crashing.
    They could always make it so that the only way to quit a game is by admitting defeat. Perhaps making quitting is an automatic loss would work too. Well, I'm pretty sure that they'll release elite units like in empire (even without ranking), since it was a success and many people tend to buy them. I know it makes lots of people mad, including me, but still, if you were a business owner, wouldn't you try to make as much money as possible.

Perhaps that elite units idea just shows they're cheaps capes, but most companies are.

Senator

United Rome but same thing what is in Empire total war.
    Like revolutions when state breaks into two and you can choose state is under king rule or republic.
    More factions,minor factions. Technology,more units in one legion. Now you can make 20
    units but then would be nice if there is change to make 40 or something like that.

I always thought that the unit pricing in Rome TW tends to make calvary over-represented.

A horse was a pretty expensive proposition back then. Sure, grass is cheap, but thousands of horses will still use up a field pretty quickly. And didn't it take like three or four horses on a campaign to keep one soldier mounted? And wouldn't that, in turn, require a "crew" to care for them all?

I understand that in Medieval times it could cost as much to equip and field a knight as it cost to field a hundred footsoldiers. Maybe in post-Marian Rome, there wasn't quite the social baggage associated with riding a horse. And in the days before the advent of the stirrup, there may not have been quite the tactical advantage to armoring a rider so elaborately. But wouldn't it still make sense for a Roman calvary soldier to cost, maybe, ten times what an infantryman cost -- or something like five times as much per unit?

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

The cost of cavalry should depend on the faction and the area that it's recruited from as well. CA needs to add the AOR mods have done so well.

Someone brougth up that CA will probably sell units like they did in empire... Well, my hope for Rome 2 will be to buy a complete game!
    Last edited by C-Rob; December 15, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

all factions must be playable

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast