Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You asked for multiplayer. You whined about it. You complained about it.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Default You asked for multiplayer. You whined about it. You complained about it.

Take Bioshock 2 and Dead Space 2.

The reason there is an online multiplayer mode is because of you gamers. You demanded that all games have online multiplayer, and that's exactly what you shall get. Enjoy, you reap what you sow.

The first thing I could think of when I heard there was going to be multiplayer was "Why?"

Why, why, why, why.

Why waste your time on what's going to be an inevitably half-assed multiplayer add-on that no one's going to remember at all, when you could use the manpower fine-tuning the single player experience?

But no, every stupid little kid and their brother is whining from here to Timbuktu that they want multiplayer in everything, no matter what kind of game it might be.

Congratulations. You got what you asked for. God, I swear everyone's got freaking ADD or something, you guys can't stand playing a good game by yourself for a few hours, when everything else has multiplayer already.

Default Re: You asked for multiplayer. You whined about it. You complained about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Take Bioshock 2 and Dead Space 2.

The reason there is an online multiplayer mode is because of you gamers. You demanded that all games have online multiplayer, and that's exactly what you shall get. Enjoy, you reap what you sow.

The first thing I could think of when I heard there was going to be multiplayer was "Why?"

Why, why, why, why.

Why waste your time on what's going to be an inevitably half-assed multiplayer add-on that no one's going to remember at all, when you could use the manpower fine-tuning the single player experience?

But no, every stupid little kid and their brother is whining from here to Timbuktu that they want multiplayer in everything, no matter what kind of game it might be.

Congratulations. You got what you asked for. God, I swear everyone's got freaking ADD or something, you guys can't stand playing a good game by yourself for a few hours, when everything else has multiplayer already.

I agree, some games should just stay being single player than a half assed multiplayer game.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: You asked for multiplayer. You whined about it. You complained about it.

I am with you this time, Thanny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

I don't get this sudden hard-on for co-op modes. Every shooter has a co-op mode nowadays.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

multiplayer in bioshock could be fun, but i agree with your point. single player should be the core of every game
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

How would Dead Space multi player work? Would I have to trip my opponents so the monster eats them instead?

Some games are better with friends than alone, so single player isn't always everything but games like Bioshock are just games you have to experience alone or the immersion is gone.

I can't imagine DS2 multiplayer.

I agree, but the prospect of MP could turn some potential pirates into customers.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Agreed actually, I just hope Bioshock two will still have a great single player still.
    Last edited by Danny_K_1; December 10, 2009 at 02:45 PM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    multiplayer in bioshock could be fun, but i agree with your point. single player should be the core of every game
    Not every game.

Many games are created with multiplayer in mind, and that's fine with me.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

ssmarine's Avatar Biarchus

Jeez Thanatos, ease up on the nerd rage. Why does everyone who thinks differently then you a little kid with ADD?

Im 27, I dont have ADD, and I happen to like MP games. Its cool sitting around playing games single player for hours on end. But sometimes, I like to compete against people or co-op online, its fun.

Because some games could benefit from an online multi-player portion to extend the replay value and lifetime of the game. I don't see why companies can't focus on the single player portion as well as putting in a substantial multi-player portion.

The problem with single player only games is that their replay value tend to be short, and a solid multi-player component can extend that indefinitely. Case in point:

Multi-player Capture the flag on Mirror's Edge.

I
    Just
    BLEW
    YOUR
    MIND.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ssmarine View Post
    Jeez Thanatos, ease up on the nerd rage. Why does everyone who thinks differently then you a little kid with ADD?

Im 27, I dont have ADD, and I happen to like MP games. Its cool sitting around playing games single player for hours on end. But sometimes, I like to compete against people or co-op online, its fun.
    I never said there was anything wrong with multiplayer. The problem is when EVERY game has multiplayer, whether the type of game warrants it or not. This is annoying, when almost every other game already has multiplayer integrated in.

Read my last few sentences again. Obviously you didn't pay attention.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Not every game.

Many games are created with multiplayer in mind, and that's fine with me.
    Yea I guess 'every game' was a step too far, but most games I feel seem to replace a genuine experience with a generic multiplayer style
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

I agree with OP.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Games like bioshock and mass effect for example are made to be singleplayer games - nothing else!

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by REQUIEM View Post
    Games like bioshock and mass effect for example are made to be singleplayer games - nothing else!
    although Mass Effect should have Co-op

Two words.

Condemned 2.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    although Mass Effect should have Co-op
    No no no RPGs should stay single player.

Otherside's Avatar Ordinarius

asked for it? its a well known fact games with multi player will sell better its just the owning companies forcing the developers to shoehorn some kind of multi player mode into the game.

i blame the fans less and the companies more this isnt always the case but it is with bio shock 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast