Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Civil War - Priviews and infos.....(Last updated 28/01/2011)

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Re: American Civil War.....(Last updated 28/04/2010)

I know the history of the Military Districts in the ACW and if I get a quick class on how to change the region names I could change them to the Military District names. Also, if I study up a bit I could also create new factions based upon those MD's. I think this would be better than trying to squeeze in the State names into the blobs CA calls regions on the US map. I guess just living over here it would be weird seeing a region named after 1 state when the region area encompasses several states.

grrrreat! now that the savegames work i will crush those darn rebs!

Foederatus

Anyone else having issue's around 17th turn? I can get anything older to load. It will crash to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
    Anyone else having issue's around 17th turn? I can get anything older to load. It will crash to desktop.
    Can you give more clear infos?

hey husserl, thanks a lot for your efforts and to bring the new version (and the savebug solution) that fast!
    wanna try it tonight and i hope, everything will work!

i have played around a bit and im impressed, but there are a few things that i have to bring up:

first of all: u really need to increase the firing ranges for all the units... combat in the civil war era should feel much different than vanilla etw! i cant stress that enough, coz right now u must bring ur units so close to the enemy, that its almost melee...
    in the civil war melee was seldom done, bayonet charges were considered a stupidity by most commanders. most casualties were shot, not stabbed!
    as much as i like the mod, but one reason i disliked vanilla etw was because of the firing ranges! combat felt cheesy and it shouldnt in this great mod!

the other thing is: PLEASE get rid of tracers! they look like and are not needed (except maybe for ary). i know where and what my boys are shooting at!

if you could change this in the next version, i might fall in love with this mod!^^

sorry for my bad english, but i think i made my point

Foederatus

Its not the 17th turn but i do have random problems.

For example TW crashed to desktop around 20th turn. I could not load any saved game after 17th. Later the game crashed around the 30th turn. Again I could not load the 30th turn save, it woudl crash to the desktop. I had to go back and load the 27th turn save and it loaded fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminatus Primus View Post
    i have played around a bit and im impressed, but there are a few things that i have to bring up:

first of all: u really need to increase the firing ranges for all the units... combat in the civil war era should feel much different than vanilla etw! i cant stress that enough, coz right now u must bring ur units so close to the enemy, that its almost melee...
    in the civil war melee was seldom done, bayonet charges were considered a stupidity by most commanders. most casualties were shot, not stabbed!
    as much as i like the mod, but one reason i disliked vanilla etw was because of the firing ranges! combat felt cheesy and it shouldnt in this great mod!

the other thing is: PLEASE get rid of tracers! they look like and are not needed (except maybe for ary). i know where and what my boys are shooting at!

if you could change this in the next version, i might fall in love with this mod!^^

sorry for my bad english, but i think i made my point
    I'll change fire range but I am not sure about trace. I think there is a tweak mod about.

Its not the 17th turn but i do have random problems.

For example TW crashed to desktop around 20th turn. I could not load any saved game after 17th. Later the game crashed around the 30th turn. Again I could not load the 30th turn save, it woudl crash to the desktop. I had to go back and load the 27th turn save and it loaded fine?
    Which faction are you playing as? Do you have a genuine game updated with latest (February) patch?

Foederatus

I have been playing as Confederates. Yes its a steam copy.

Foederatus

What is the average range in the game now? Most things I have read said that the average range was a bout 110 Yards. http://www.brettschulte.net/CWBlog/2...battle-ranges/

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    I'll change fire range but I am not sure about trace. I think there is a tweak mod about.

good to hear that! will there be any problems when i have two mods installed?

I have been playing as Confederates. Yes its a steam copy.
    I've tested CS for more than 5 turns without any problems. I didn;t use any other mode though not even smoke and music that are suggested.

What is the average range in the game now? Most things I have read said that the average range was a bout 110 Yards. http://www.brettschulte.net/CWBlog/2...battle-ranges/
    Ranges are 110, 120, 170 for several muskets and long range rifles. I use Darth's numbers for better battle AI.

good to hear that! will there be any problems when i have two mods installed?
    No, as far as you do not activate them the same time. But you have to remove the loc file manually of the mod you do not play.

New release!! Good times. got to download and try this out ASAP!

huh? you mean in version 3.1 of this mod the ranges are 110, 120, 170? because i still have the vanilla ones...

Last edited by spacehead3; April 29, 2010 at 09:12 PM.

The original of B & G is 185 (375 for long range). Mine are almost like vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by spacehead3 View Post
    hi guys...my user.empire_script file got all screwed up...could someone please either upload that file or past the contents of it on here please? -thanks
    Mod necessary:

Code:
    mod "ACW_camp_graphics.pack";
    mod "ACW_camp_mod.pack";
    mod "ACW_camp_models.pack";
    And the optional:

Code:
    mod "AmericanCivilWar-Smoke.pack";
    mod "AmericanCivilWar-SoundsMusic.pack";

Icon10 Re: American Civil War.....(Last updated 28/04/2010)

currently my boys shoot 70... what? yards, meters? says in unit description range: 70 and thats too low! in my opinion, at least... battles are strange^^
    i played darthmod an i like the ranges... but i think you should even take it a bit further...

and if i can find this mod to get rid of tracers, i have the perfect strategy game of the civil war

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Hey Husserl, maybe you should release a version of your mod, which has all the files of our battle mod, like music/sounds, no tracers and the ranges.

I think it sounds hard, but I don't like that just some of my mod stuff is used and important parts of the mod (like the range, sounds (which are just optimal) etc.) are cut out. The people should have the full civil war expierences, complementary with your awesome campaign work.

Just my 2 cents.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

currently my boys shoot 70... what? yards, meters? says in unit description range: 70 and thats too low! in my opinion, at least... battles are strange^^
    i played darthmod an i like the ranges... but i think you should even take it a bit further...

and if i can find this mod to get rid of tracers, i have the perfect strategy game of the civil war
    You are right but I do not get it... In projectile_table there is no 70 range...