Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

triarri's Avatar Civis

Default Re: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

i have extracted the files which program can i use to run the files?

Default Re: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by triarri View Post
    i have extracted the files which program can i use to run the files?
    Place startpos.esf in ETW/data/campaigns/main. Also replace scripting.lua in ETW/data/campaigns/main with the one from ETW/data/campaigns/main_2 (or don't use at all). Keep a backup of original one. Start a new grand campaign.

triarri's Avatar Civis

thanks for your help it worked amazing work will download an emergent or two now

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post

All factions playable v.2.0

Download link (TWC)

Place startpos.esf in ETW/data/campaigns/main. Also replace scripting.lua in ETW/data/campaigns/main with the one from ETW/data/campaigns/main_2 (or don't use at all). Keep a backup of original one.
    I have done this but I cant still play with minor factions in the grand campaign

EDIT BY husserlTW: THERE IS NO NEED TO COPY WHOLE THE POST. JUST GIVE MORE DETAILS IF YOU WANT HELP FOR YOUR PROBLEM.
    Last edited by husserlTW; January 01, 2010 at 05:42 PM.

It is the simplest mod, you place the files in the right position and have fun...

Can you select a minor faction in game menu? You have a CTD or what? Give some more infos...
    Last edited by husserlTW; January 01, 2010 at 05:45 PM.

What I mean with camera bug fixed: when you start as a minor the camera focus in capital region and not in Ivory coast. If the CTD you've mentioned has to do with camera I can only suppose that you've changed something and after the factions pass the AI is confused. But it might be for any other reason as well.
    Camera bug is solved, thanks.
    Now I have a worst problem... I have done the changes which have been made in Realistic Colonial: Orissa to France, Bengal to Britain. With a startpos which initially works. I make Hybrid startpos (playing as Maratha) and then play. I always have CTD on 3rd turn.
    Mods: DM, portraits, ETF and Espaņa units.
    There is no way to make it works. I have made the same startpos a few times, always the same result.
    Analyzing auto save doesn't give information.

EDIT: I have discovered 2 things...
    -Changing owners region can only be doing with Hybrid Startpos. The regions I wanted to change (Bengal, Orissa) was controlled by Mughal not Maratha. I made the hybrid startpos with Maratha controlling these regions (changed with ESF), it always gives CTD.
    -When making Hybrid Startpos you should do it without mods enabled (one for changing starting units if needed). No portraits, flags, DM, units mods,... Mods affect the Hybrid Startpos (when you save the game) in a strange way. If you try to play without a few of the mods you had used: CTD.

Now I'm going to add all the changes I had added on the other startpos (which doesn't work) and then make the Hybrid Startpos.
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; January 02, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelxxx View Post
    Camera bug is solved, thanks.
    Now I have a worst problem... I have done the changes which have been made in Realistic Colonial: Orissa to France, Bengal to Britain. With a startpos which initially works. I make Hybrid startpos (playing as Maratha) and then play. I always have CTD on 3rd turn.
    Mods: DM, portraits, ETF and Espaņa units.
    There is no way to make it works. I have made the same startpos a few times, always the same result.
    Analyzing auto save doesn't give information.

EDIT: I have discovered 2 things...
    -Changing owners region can only be doing with Hybrid Startpos. The regions I wanted to change (Bengal, Orissa) was controlled by Mughal not Maratha. I made the hybrid startpos with Maratha controlling these regions (changed with ESF), it always gives CTD.
    -When making Hybrid Startpos you should do it without mods enabled (one for changing starting units if needed). No portraits, flags, DM, units mods,... Mods affect the Hybrid Startpos (when you save the game) in a strange way. If you try to play without a few of the mods you had used: CTD.

Now I'm going to add all the changes I had added on the other startpos (which doesn't work) and then make the Hybrid Startpos.
    You should make startpos without any mods. Make your changes and if you have a stable one then proceed to increase unit size, or make any other changes that mods require. I should also suggest to leave for last the change of ownership in regions that you give to maratha. Try startpos before giving maratha these regions. If everything is o.k. keep a backup. Then give the regions to maratha and if the problem comes back post here both startpos to have a look.

You should make startpos without any mods. Make your changes and if you have a stable one then proceed to increase unit size, or make any other changes that mods require. I should also suggest to leave for last the change of ownership in regions that you give to maratha. Try startpos before giving maratha these regions. If everything is o.k. keep a backup. Then give the regions to maratha and if the problem comes back post here both startpos to have a look.
    Now I know it, and everything works properly. Thanks.

Now I know it, and everything works properly. Thanks.
    And another tip:

Never make a double action in the same turn for the same thing. E.g. if you give a region of faction A to faction B and then you change your mind and want to give it to faction C you can not do it in the same turn or CTD in the first in game end turn. You can do it in next turn or keep a lot of backups so you can always be able to move one step back.

And another tip:

Never make a double action in the same turn for the same thing. E.g. if you give a region of faction A to faction B and then you change your mind and want to give it to faction C you can not do it in the same turn or CTD in the first in game end turn. You can do it in next turn or keep a lot of backups so you can always be able to move one step back.
    ok. One thing more, about line of sight. When I copy the line of sight for an army (ex. a polish ship): the army have less movement points on game. At least it looks on the bar of units table.

Icon9 Re: All factions playable for Grand Campaign.....(Last updated 09/12/2009)

All I get when I use All factions playable v.2.0 is a CTD. I tried v1.2 with the same result.
    Last edited by King Arthur KoM; January 06, 2010 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur KoM View Post
    All I get when I use All factions playable v.2.0 is a CTD. I tried v1.2 with the same result.
    Have you the game updated?
    7 dec. Update is necessary for the startpos.

Have you the game updated?
    7 dec. Update is necessary for the startpos.
    OK that worked kind of. I still have FOW on.
    But now when I try to save it CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur KoM View Post
    OK that worked kind of. I still have FOW on.
    But now when I try to save it CTD.
    What happened and worked? You mean you have FoW in your region(s)? You get a ctd only in manual saving but not in auto saving (every turn)? When you have this save CTD can you check if the game has made the saved file at all? If yes zip and upload it here.

If you have updated the game you can not use a former save game. Also delete all saved games and try again.

Where is the mod that enables emergents?
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

I've got an error when i choose a nation from this mod. Screen goes white en than to windows. De normal nations still works. Suggestions?

How do i delete all the saves?

I have no idea how to install this stuff. I downloaded 7z and I'm still lost.

I have a question, why is Thirteen colonies, Lousiana and New Spain not unlocked in 2.0?

Really great mod husserlTW! Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Greek60 View Post
    I have no idea how to install this stuff. I downloaded 7z and I'm still lost.
    Extract the file you downloaded and then follow instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I have a question, why is Thirteen colonies, Lousiana and New Spain not unlocked in 2.0?
    They are unnlocked!