Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Default Re: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

What about one with england scotland ireland a wales like the medieval kingdoms britannia campaign?

crazy dutchman's Avatar Foederatus

Could you make a startpos mod in 2010, with countries like Ukraine and Canada in it?

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

I'm sorry, I have asked this a few times before, but this seems a suitable place to ask afresh.

I am in the process of creating an all factions mod. just one problem: They are only playable in Custom battles.

As i have played through these factions, I always find how much potential they have. So, how, using the newer version of DBEditor, can you play as these factions?

(PS: I am not specifically asking for a mod, just help with one)

Check here.

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

Oh, sorry, are you using ESF editor? because i am using DBEditor. Sorry, prob should have made that clear!

This kind of changes happen by modding startpos.esf and not db/factions table.

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon5 Re: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

I suggest to make a change in startpos.esf ( if possible of course ) to delete some unrealistic Victory Conditions to SOME nations - like Poland, etc.

I mean Victory Conditions in Grand Campaign mode especially in short campaign.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon5 Re: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

================================================================================

Ok, i made some changes in Victory Conditions ( Short Campaign ) for France, UK , United Provinces and Sweden.

Now my suggestion and proposal are to create a NEW regions with different ownership or new victory conditions for them.

It would be hard, but it could be great to have South Africa region ( former Dutch territory in Cape Town ),
    more Islands on Pacific Ocean ( former and present USA territories ), Japan and China ( former UK cities and ports on the Chinese east coast ), expanded South America ( West Coast --> former Spanish territories ),
    Expanded North America ( more French territories on the north-west ) and expanded Indochina ( former French Colonies ) plus expanded East Indies ( former Dutch , UK territories).

Any ideas?

==================================================================================
    Remember of the Alamo!

Foederatus

well as for ideas, i realize it might be historicaly inacurate but it would be nice to see indipendent african nations like Algeria, Egypt and others that are in map. it would also be nice to see an updated mexican nation, and if possible central american ones and maybe a pakistani nation

Hi All,

is it possible to start some factions with merchants already on trade nodes? I would like to create realistic fleet composition for naval submod of Darthmod, but the factions don't have enough money (GB start fleet eats about 7500 each turn and with costs rebalance, that I have in plan, it might as well be double of that). Also I thought, that it may help the AI nations with trade nodes occupation, since the merchants would be in positions anyway.

Thanks for any answer or idea how to do that.

Regards,
    badger45

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Could we have a startpos mod to remove the fog of war from minor nations when playing as them e.g. Denmark, Bavaria etc.?
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

That is ETF.

MABAY IT IT A IDEA THO PUT A INDIAN TRIBE IN NEBRESKA FOR THE ACW CAMPAINS

One mod for playing with Jamestown Colony in Campaign will be great

Hey husserlTW; I have been using some of your startpos mods for a long time actually. My favorites are based around the Grand Campaign as I like playing the bigger more involved scenario rather then the smaller ones in Warpath or NTW.

Anyway what I want to do is take the "protectorates" one step further. My preference would be to start normal and have an easier time gaining your protectorate, rather it be any of the Big Three your playing. (Britain, France or Spain) But when the change over occurs that the Generals, Fleets and Armies stay with the new Owner. So "IF" I'm playing as Britain, and say on turn 3 the scripts give Protectorate(Thirteen Colonies) to Britain the existing Generals, Armies, and Fleets become British usable troops and units. And also give the corresponding units to the AI from Lousiana to France and New Spain to Spain.

I have been using the startpos that reverts the protectorates to their respective parent nation on turn 2 as this is the best I found so far, but another good one is the one where you only have to capture one of the three mission regions. I always though there could be one that turns them over at a certain time, as in vanilla ETW, where somewhere in the first 10 turns the AI automatically gains control over their Protectorate but you the player do not, except the one we make would give you the player theirs as well as the AI, just would not know exactly When?

Sorry if I have confused you any but I really would like to do this if possible, and I can't for the life of me not see why it couldn't. Anyway thanks a lot in advance for entertaining this request and hopefully hear something positive back from you soon.

Thanks
    Brian

Push on, brave York volunteers

So when do you want take control of protectorates (what turn) and under what conditions?

Hey Thanks husserlTW, that was fast. Well I suppose that really is what depends on you, If you have a script that is already started and can be modified easier. For me as long as it is after the first turn so the game has a chance to generate or buy some armies or units. I know the Thirteen colonies start moving armies and fleets at the start of the game but they dissappear when I take control of them at turn 2, so what ever needs to be done has to be after turn 2. The one I use now gives me control at the start of turn 2, and the Ai gets theirs then too so this one would be cool, or one that gives a random turn like vanilla, as long as the armies, fleets, and generals, get added to the parent country that the player is using.

Thanks heaps, this is fantastic

I am a little confused here. Script is there already (vanilla) but needs some quick changes depending on what you want to be happened. I can make the handover whenever you like, on a certain turn or randomly in a range of turns. But I cannot determine that protectorate should have already armies or/and fleets.

OK sorry, I think I understand. The game automatically raises armies and units upon start for each nation, The "Startpos" I use now allows me to take control at the start of turn two (2) the 13 colonies, but the generals and ships are gone. I would like a random number of turns, say between 2 and 10 for the protectorates to be turned over to their parent nations and come complete with any existing Generals, Gentlemen, Missionaries, Rakes, Fleets, and Armies that exist at that turn, and not to disappear on me as it happens now.

This would give the 3 colonies (protectorates) adequate forces to hold off natives and other AI nations to overrun or destroy them before the Player can create ones too late to help.

Now I see... I know that patron takes some units but I am not sure if he can take everything. I'll check that to see if possible.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 20, 2011 at 04:42 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast