Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4570858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105120 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2899

Thread: Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Default Re: [Released] 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

And CTD is killing this great mod.. it´s comming again and again every battle i would try in the campaign.. I´d like to help you somehow, but first i´ve got some questions..
    Thanks that you like it
    But there should be no ctd coming anymore by loading a battle if you have installed all patches and fixes correctly. At the moment, we try to fight script errors and bugs. However, battles actually have to work. I think most users and also the other team members have no problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    I suggest to zip it and attach it to a post of yours
    Great

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1329053025

I hope, it would be usefull...
    and.. this .log file - it rewrites itself each time the error occurs? i guess it does...
    If there is anything i can do for u, i´d like it.. f.e. if u need me to play concrete nation or as such.. i cant speak german - thats all..
    thank you my 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg mod team and individuals..

Quote Originally Posted by twmodder View Post
    Thanks that you like it
    But there should be no ctd coming anymore by loading a battle if you have installed all patches and fixes correctly. At the moment, we try to fight script errors and bugs. However, battles actually have to work. I think most users and also the other team members have no problem there.
    those from the front page???

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus
    1. There has been a repeated bug in the Protestant Union end of round processing of characters. Extract the attached file into the mods\1648\data folder - save game compatible. For more details see here.
    2. A missing entry in historic_events causes the game to crash in round 169 (Feb 1632). Extract the attached file into the mods\1648\data\text folder - save game compatible
    3. Different sized unit cards were causing a interface breakdown. Extract the attached file into the mods\1648\data\ui folder.
    4. It appears that there is a problem with the animation of destroyed (new) walls. We are working on it and suggest that in the meantime you delete\rename this folder if you experience a crash when destroying walls: ...\1648\data\settlements\north_european\settlements\large_city

If I can remember correctly I did it all..

have u mentioned some "patch"???

those from the front page???
    Yes, all of them. Make sure you had installed them in a chronological order!
    Last edited by twmodder; February 12, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Yes, all of them. Make sure you had installed them in a chronological order!
    yes sir, i did...
    but.. i cant understand german language, i can tell that.. so my deal is "probably" caused by this.. incapacity..
    the entering menu is in german, right?...
    i listend to ramms+ein and germany is my country´s neighbour so i know some part of this language - like spiel
    I discovered a thing - please, enlight me.
    ARE THERE TWO TIPES OF CAMPAIGN? cos in the first option it is the Grosse, and the second choice occupies the Eine--- (i dont remeber)
    whats the difference??
    the second one is made quite noblesh (with a special screen between menu and "nation-pickuping" menu)
    the Grosse is the classic MTW choice, except - factions change colors from saxony-white in the Einecapaign to dark or black in the Grosse, also "the german emperor" faction changed color from black to white...?

and my point is.. when i played the Grosse-one, i experienced CTD few times, with the Eine-campaign i cant f*k up a single hostile unit.. CTD on the battleloading....

What could i have possibly messed up???

also, and please, would u mind make a short manual - or better to say - a small english guide (and place it on the front page) for those, who cant understand the basic settings in this mod.. i dont mean a total translation now - only if u explain f.e. the "1648 - Reichsmutation" choices and so...

thank you very much
    Last edited by Nabukadnesar; February 12, 2012 at 01:41 PM.

Ok, seems that you've really messed up everything
    Forget about the second campaign, its not implented.
    So were the problems you mentioned above related to the second campaign or to the classic one?

When I look at it, an English version of the mod is outstanding, but our translaters aren't finished yet.
    Last edited by twmodder; February 12, 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Ok, seems that you've really messed up everything
    Forget about the second campaign, its not implented.
    So were the problems you mentioned above related to the second campaign or to the classic one?

When I look at it, an English version of the mod is outstanding, but our translaters aren't finished yet.
    Both of them break my balls..
    at first, i´ve made some variations in my playing, only to see what happen..
    I receive CTD - playing Czech, Holland, Sweden in the Great campaign.. I changed my graphics settings and the unit scale..
    It seems to be the same problem playing czech mostly.. and in various campaigns i tried: f.e. in sillesia just right to olmutz comes a single unit of pikes from Osterich-hold part of Sillesia, it heads south, and the kick happen when i attack it.. it may run a bit over the map, but everywhere i catch the hostile i got CTD..
    and this was only an example.. the log of this concrete fail was uploaded in one of my previous posts... and of course, i´ve got another one...
    Whats your word then.. I´m goin reinstall it completely tomorrow...

There is nothing useful in your log But what you explained sounds as if some files are broken in your installation. Please report it when you tested it. Otherwise, does the CTD come at the beginning of the loading screen or at the end? Or does it crash during battle?

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordZ View Post
    This movie is called Alatriste. It is a Spanish movie starring vigo mortensen and is based on some books.
    The film worth a watch, the atmosphere is pretty good for the timeline but the story is chaotic since they mixed like 4 books in 1 little film.

http://youtu.be/26C758K4Fc0
    Ok, it looks very realistic, but I think as I mentioned before, it could be that movies set in this era may tend to represent armies with less colours than in reality. At least the tercios fit better to the game with some colours. Too bad we can't simulate the units looking more and more dirty/runned-down as the war goes on.
    You are right accurate about the army colors in the mod.

There are in fact some time sources (Lord of Brantôme) that for expample show spaniard tercios crossing parts of France towards the Spanish Road and people of the villages going out to see them marching with their luxury clothes, more designed for a nobleman than for a soldier. They tended to waste their salaries -when recived - in clothes.

As you said those clothes only stand like that for the first campaigns, more when we speak about the 30 years War, at the end they used to look like vagabunds. In some circunstancies soldiers had to use clothes stolen from villagers, that tended to be black, and was for them a kind of dishonour and jokes among other colleagues not so disgraced. Anyway they usually used laces, tied in their arms to distiguish friend and foe in the fields.

Since all armies wear very similar clothes, regarding to this and wich armies could be the most "fashioned" to use vivid colors there are some discusions based in the sources, since some sources are in discussion with the first I said above and tend to speak as the tercio spanish as tending to be less ostentative as other soldiers, like french or other armies that liked clothes with long sleeves and so, not practical at all in the battlefield, spaniards are supposed by some authors to avoid those kind of clothes.

Grettings.
    Last edited by Berg-i-dum; February 14, 2012 at 02:27 AM.

Foederatus

is it possible to have a translation in english?

The modders are working on an english translation, so wait for the moment. When one will be alvailable, you will be inform and the mod will move to the section "kingdoms: hosted modification".

Kommodore's Avatar Foederatus

Yeah, we work at the moment on it, but it's many stuff, because the mod is very big. Some of our guys can not work very much, because they have not much time. Wait and see

There is nothing useful in your log But what you explained sounds as if some files are broken in your installation. Please report it when you tested it. Otherwise, does the CTD come at the beginning of the loading screen or at the end? Or does it crash during battle?

Hi again...
    CTD happens at the beginning of the loading screen, 5-10 secs..
    And.. i made a new installation of the game, whole MTW2+Ks+1648+patches from the page 1... so far, i played the czechs again and again i got CTD.. same reasons like previously..
    May i play other faction rather?? cos Bohemia has a serious problem defending itself..
    And about the place where the CTD takes place - its not olmutz as i wrote before, but a fort north-east from olmutz (the norther of both) sided just at the border.. And hostile is coming from north.. like if would have matter where..

what should i do now.. do u need some other log?
    Last edited by Nabukadnesar; February 14, 2012 at 03:29 PM.

There has been a ctd problem when starting battles in bohemian borderzone (at the mountains). But this was fixed directly after release in december. Seems as if you have this problem now, I don't know why. Could you please zip and upload following file in your mod folder (just to check)
    data/world/base/map_climates.tga
    We will see...

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Did you apply all the patches and Quick fixes? The last one solves the slow 'turn around'.
    I did but that was some time ago. I guess I'd better check out the patches. Thanks.

What stage is the mod, beta testing? It is an interesting project, similar to Shogun in terms of scale, context and period.

In open battles do units deploy in shot-and-pike formations, e.g. the Dutch formation? From the videoclips it was not clear what the AI was doing, however it did not seem very orderly.

Do any of the forts look like modern forts of that period, with sloping walls?

Well done for putting cannons on battlements.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    [MT2W FKoC AAR] Times full of Distemper
    Reviewed by robinzx at the Critic's Quill, Issue 31

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    What stage is the mod, beta testing? It is an interesting project, similar to Shogun in terms of scale, context and period.

In open battles do units deploy in shot-and-pike formations, e.g. the Dutch formation? From the videoclips it was not clear what the AI was doing, however it did not seem very orderly.

Do any of the forts look like modern forts of that period, with sloping walls?

Well done for putting cannons on battlements.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    [MT2W FKoC AAR] Times full of Distemper
    Reviewed by robinzx at the Critic's Quill, Issue 31
    We are at the final patch stage, download and see for yourself (first post for links), unfortunately the canons on the wall are not fully finalized.

Tip: the stuff at the bottom of your post can be put as a 'signature' - Click on my account (top left of each page), then on the list left choose 'Edit signature' and enter that part there.
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 15, 2012 at 01:00 AM.

There has been a ctd problem when starting battles in bohemian borderzone (at the mountains). But this was fixed directly after release in december. Seems as if you have this problem now, I don't know why. Could you please zip and upload following file in your mod folder (just to check)
    data/world/base/map_climates.tga
    We will see...
    here u are
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1329299845

thank you for your care, i´m seriously..

Default character name bug again

Hi Gigantus,

campaign script spawns character "Adam von_Herberstorff" in I_TurnNumber = 100 (historic_event 1626_05) with army for portugal.

Unfortunately in "descr_names.txt" is only a surnames entry "Herberstorff" for faction portugal (not "von_Herberstorff")

Loading a saved game with this spawned general/character is causing a CTD.
    Is there a way to edit saved games and to delete such entries?

Please check all names of spawned characters to be in faction sections of "descr_names.txt" for the big patch.

I have never played a TW game/mod so many hours and it is still thrilling!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: character name bug again

Quote Originally Posted by $Arminius1 View Post
    Hi Gigantus,

campaign script spawns character "Adam von_Herberstorff" in I_TurnNumber = 100 (historic_event 1626_05) with army for portugal.

Unfortunately in "descr_names.txt" is only a surnames entry "Herberstorff" for faction portugal (not "von_Herberstorff")

Loading a saved game with this spawned general/character is causing a CTD.
    Is there a way to edit saved games and to delete such entries?

Please check all names of spawned characters to be in faction sections of "descr_names.txt" for the big patch.

I have never played a TW game/mod so many hours and it is still thrilling!
    Thanks for pointing that out. I have attached a corrected descr_names (data folder) and the text files (data\text folder). Extract and transfer the files as indicated. It is save game compatible, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Glad you like the mod, hopefully the patch will improve on that.