Page 9 of 145 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Default Re: 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

no. ingame protestant religion is a collection of subspecies ;-)

but will conversion catholicism/protestantism possible?
    you mean faction conversion? for example baiern goes to protestant? no.

only one faction could possible change, but it is a spawn faction, so AI Faction. And the event who triggers spawn inludes the decision which religion.
    if you mean people conversion, sure, if you build protestant church in Munich also the bajuwars will leave roman slavery :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    if you mean people conversion, sure, if you build protestant church in Munich also the bajuwars will leave roman slavery :-D
    I doubt that - Bavarians are quite stubborn as far as their Catholicism is concerned...

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

And what about lutheranism/calvinism? (and thanks for all answered questions)

no. ingame protestant religion is a collection of subspecies ;-)

Sorry..just getting old I guess

Presbiter's Avatar Biarchus

hammerhart, guck mir grad ne doku an zum 30jährigen krieg. wie weit seid ihr denn mit dem mod?

Fast fertig, wir haben nur noch ne handvoll Baustellen was die 1.0 angeht, und schon Material in Arbeit für 1.1, nur sind wir zur Zeit leider zeitlich verhindert. Die Hälfte vom Team ist an Unis und muss zur Zeit Prüfungen schreiben bzw stellen und andere müssen auf der Arbeit schwer knechten. Daher ziemlicher Stillstand. Schätze die nächsten Wochen nehmen wir aber wieder die Arbeit auf und schließen die 1.0 ab.

Welche Doku war es denn?

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

When looking at your list of city names I found quite a lot that I'd change in the Netherlands, Gigantus, would you mind sending me that part of the map (with a border of about oldenburg-munster-aachen-brussel-duinkerken)? I'd gladly invest some time to research and point out the right cities.

Apeldoorn terneuzen meppel and winschoten are all small villages in the 17th century, and there are more mistakes in the list, as Tilburg didn't exist until 1850 (lived there, is a city without any old part whatsoever, quite depressing)
    Last edited by EarendilElenthol; February 17, 2010 at 02:13 PM.

Tilburg is a minor city also the other cities you call, they are no main cities, so it is okay that they were only villages. Tilburg:
    Tilburg entstand spätestens im 11. Jahrhundert aus etwa acht kleinen Dörfern, im Brabanter Dialekt „herdgangen“ genannt. Die alten Dorfkerne sind noch in den Namen von Stadtvierteln wiederzuerkennen, wie de Heuvel, ‘t Heike, Korvel, Veldhoven, Broekhoven, Oerle, Hasselt und ‘t Goirke. Erst 1809 erhielt Tilburg durch königlichen Beschluss Stadtrechte.
    In 11. century, and in medieval a city, but city rights in 1809.
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; February 17, 2010 at 04:29 PM.

Fast fertig, wir haben nur noch ne handvoll Baustellen was die 1.0 angeht, und schon Material in Arbeit für 1.1, nur sind wir zur Zeit leider zeitlich verhindert. Die Hälfte vom Team ist an Unis und muss zur Zeit Prüfungen schreiben bzw stellen und andere müssen auf der Arbeit schwer knechten. Daher ziemlicher Stillstand. Schätze die nächsten Wochen nehmen wir aber wieder die Arbeit auf und schließen die 1.0 ab.
    Thats quite good news...

Presbiter's Avatar Biarchus

Welche Doku war es denn?
    Die Doku hieß: Mit Gottes Willen in die Hölle - Der Dreißigjährige Krieg

hat 3 Teile und war sehr interessant. Viel Erfolg bei euren Prüfungen

gruß presi

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Wow, this mod looks great. I had no idea that this has been in the making. I love the map, which may also be great for another version of the HRR mod, since you guys seem to have been in touch.

Are the gunpowder fights working well with the M2TW AI? I remember reading that the AI can't deal with gunpowder warfare.

Moguntiacum, I know what I'm talking about. When I lived there, an exposition on the history of Tilburg was held in the city hall. That made very clear that there was no such thing as a city. Tilburg does appear on the maps made by blaeu, but as a village and when maps are more specified it's a church and some castles around. It is a prototype of a town that grew through the industrial revolution. You can check the lithuania mod to see how I research, or ask some people. Why should I say things about my own country that are obviously false? Of all places I know my own country best, because I'm interested in this and the literature is easily accesible. (By the way, the english wiki on tilburg is very precise and defines the place as consisting of hamlets, as you can see as well on this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...65_Tilburg.gif On this map you can see the different hamlets and nothing that even remotely looks like a city or town). If you need alternatives to Tilburg, Breda and 's hertogenbosch are the best options, but bergen op zoom was also an important city while Geertruidenberg was long held by the spanish (until 1600), Steenbergen and Klundert had city rights as well if i'm not mistaken.

Further to the east Eindhoven and Helmond were cities, but that area was less populated. Important strongholds in the northern part of brabant were Ravenstein and Grave (both Staats instead of spanish), they were border fortresses. The other cities worth naming in the southern part of the netherlands are Hulst, middelburg, vlissingen, venlo, roermond, maastricht, gennep. Venlo and Maastricht were staats, while roermond was only incorporated in the netherlands with napoleon.
    As I said, if you have questions on the netherlands, I'd be happy to help, you may even test me to ascertain that what I say/suggest is true. I think I can support everything I say with at least some sources on the net that you can check, but if needed I'll direct you to the library Check for example this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ia_Ducatus.jpg Everything with fortifications (e.g. more than a dot) is a good choice, the others need some research if you want to use them.

Good luck Mainz, I hope you will finish a playable version soon.
    Last edited by EarendilElenthol; February 18, 2010 at 10:26 AM.

Das sieht ja alles schon mal super aus! Und es ist definitiv eine Marktlücke im Strategiebereich bisher. Bestärkt nur meine alte These, daß MTW der beste engine für alles vor 1900 ist. Für alles danach nähme ich einen (aufpolierten) CM, aber das nur am Rande. Hier bewegen wir uns ja doch eindeutig im vorindustriellen Bereich. Hoffe, doch sehr, es bald testen zu können.

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    Moguntiacum, I know what I'm talking about.
    I believe you EarendilElenthol, but it is too late. The "minor cities", in fact new modeled (rts and stratmap) and named forts, are less important and the work is finished. We want to release soon and i will not open this area again, only about a discussion if a town was important enough to be a "minor city". Also a mod, and surely you know that, is always on the edge between historical/geographic/etc. knowledge and gameplay (balance, what-is-possible, etc.).
    When i build the map, and come to the low lands i look for strategic positions (near bridges,etc) and set cities, but everytime i take a look in world wide web and books (old maps etc) if the city was existent in 1618, if it was there, only big like a village, it was quitly good enough for me. because i set 199 major cities and ca. 600-800 minor cities. sorry, but i´m happy that this area of work is close.

hehe I can imagine, but perhaps you may let me see the netherlands and let me suggest alternatives, for a later version. I'm a mapper/researcher myself and I know what it is to have finished your map when you find out some things perhaps do not fit..... most irritating ^^
    Last edited by EarendilElenthol; February 19, 2010 at 04:26 AM.

Release soon? Are my ears dirty or what? I should dust off my German
    Last edited by Mr. Sorrow; February 19, 2010 at 06:46 AM.

I just might purchase Medieval II to play this mod- but I must say that it is despicable to see christian killing christian.
    However, it must be admitted that the actions of many Catholic priests at the time were very wrong! Molesting young girls, accepting bribes, selling official church positions! A 17th century Sodom and Gomorrah, no?

Yes, but "our" (protestant) side was not less brutal and ruthless. In case of Thirty-Years war I must agree with historians- these were classical conflicts for power. Our faith(s) was (were) used as a mirrors for true smoke. Sodom were various communes of Chosen etc. prior to Thirty-Years war.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sorrow View Post
    Yes, but "our" (protestant) side was not less brutal and ruthless. In case of Thirty-Years war I must agree with historians- these were classical conflicts for power. Our faith(s) was (were) used as a mirrors for true smoke. Sodom were various communes of Chosen etc. prior to Thirty-Years war.
    Well, that depends on which phase of the war you look at: there are generally to be considered four: 1. Bohemia (1618-23), 2. Denmark (24-29), 3. Sweden (30-34), 4. France (35-48).
    1. has a lot to do with religion, esp. on the catholic side, much less on the protestant side. 2. is mostly fueled by power hunger. 3. again a lot with religion, with a distinct measure of territorial gains, and 4. is an almost pure conflict for power.