Page 7 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Default Re: 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

1) tercios: no, that is not correct in all ways. in battle of breitenfeld 1631 the imperials under tilly use big tercios but the swedens use only 1/3 pikes and 2/3 muskets. this is following the teachs of Moritz von Oranien-Nassau, he reorganise the army of the united netherlands in early 17 jhd. but the first who really use the teachs about this reforms was gustav adolf, and the main reason was the bad basics for war in sweden (the "war industries" was much worser than in other europe, most weapons must buyed). he must use another way of war if he wants to win against the veterans of imperial army. also he had his bloody lessons in war against poland-lithuania.
    french army may be good in drill and weapons (don´t know) but the leaders..

2) muskets/reforms: Sorry, the mod is short infront of release. we will think about possibles about formations in patches. the reform we have includes the more strengh of muskets.

More Pics, about Officer and Staff

Nice pics, mein Freund!

Looks good. Is it my drummer there?

great
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Hi
    Will it have a campaing? and is it mod foldered?
    will it work on a english version of MTW II? becose its german and is it for Kingdoms or MTW II
    Thanks

Actually the Maurician Reforms were NOT that revolutionary. The Tercio gunners already employed fire by rank drills, and Maurice still deployed his formations very very deep. In the end the firepower increase was only... marginal.

Gustavus on the other hand is the true revolutionary because he added a far deadlier combination of shallower musketeer formations supported by light artillery. Then only after it do big square formations really decline, they were just too vulnerable to fire and did not bring enough firepower to bear.

Still, the Tercio employed de facto a very large proportion of musketeers to pikemen. Their formations tended to be very deep because continuous fire was valued over volume of fire, and that certainly was a wise proposition considering your average recruit could take as long as 3 minutes to reload under smoke and battle stress. Tercio like formations still performed very well way up to the end of the Thirty Years War.

As for the implementation in the game, well I am no modder and can't say how this can be implemented. Only that it would be great if it were, since most pike & shot mods that I know of do not take reloading times into much account and so allow anomalies like continuous fire from two or three rank deep musketeers, and the like.

Nice drummer BTW!
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by achwell View Post
    Hi
    Will it have a campaing? and is it mod foldered?
    will it work on a english version of MTW II? becose its german and is it for Kingdoms or MTW II
    Thanks
    1. Yes, it will have a campaign (just read first post)
    2. It will work (why not) but of course until someone actually translate, it will be in German.
    3. Yes, it is for Kingdoms...Kingdoms are MTWII...just expansion pack.

hope I can play with sooner...also in german!

Quote Originally Posted by thrashing_mad View Post
    Looks good. Is it my drummer there?
    hmm, we don´t find drummers in your packet, this one is one year old by one of our modelers. but i can imagine that he was inspired by units he saw on twc. possible by drummers of you.

your units we have mainly used for spawn units of poland-lithuania. and we love your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    hmm, we don´t find drummers in your packet, this one is one year old by one of our modelers. but i can imagine that he was inspired by units he saw on twc. possible by drummers of you.

your units we have mainly used for spawn units of poland-lithuania. and we love your work!
    Ok then. Keep up the good work.

i have speaked with him, the drummer is completly by his own. because we have had the problem of drummers in m2, and he solved the problem a year ago.

i have speaked with him, the drummer is completly by his own. because we have had the problem of drummers in m2, and he solved the problem a year ago.
    Yep, my mistake.
    My models have different drum, and they keep it on the right side.
    http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...g_mad2/1-6.jpg

holy , this flag is really awesome! is it in your paket? i would love to get this one for our polnish cavalry.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Yeah, thrashing_mad could you post more? I played your beta version of Maris Baltici, but never seen them..I suppose they were just not implemented at a time..Thanks.

holy , this flag is really awesome! is it in your paket? i would love to get this one for our polnish cavalry.
    Sure, I`ll try to send it to you this weekend. However, these flags are good for infantry - I`ll try to make something more accurate for cavalry.

The sky on the picture is very nice, too. It would be nice if we could also include these textures.

Sure, I`ll try to send it to you this weekend. However, these flags are good for infantry - I`ll try to make something more accurate for cavalry.
    Great!

The Question of twmodder (also member of our team) is right, the sky texture is really impressive, i thought it would be photoshop-created like CA with NTW Screenshots do

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

This is looking great!

Great!

The Question of twmodder (also member of our team) is right, the sky texture is really impressive, i thought it would be photoshop-created like CA with NTW Screenshots do
    Sky texture isn`t mine - If I remember correctly it came with old Stainless Steel 4.1, so you should ask there.