I guess you'll also enjoy another pic of a battle, so here it is:

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

the new walls are amazing.
    can´t wait to play it

We are very eager to start translating into Spanish this great mod

MUST HAVE ENGLISH TRANSLATION...... GOLLUM, GOLLUM.....

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    I found the roof of the towers quite strange. are you sure they are form thetimframe of the mod, or is it just something you hade to complete the towers?
    And great screen also Gig
    I have to admit the towers looks a bit 'unusual' - Monti has (as always) the historical background for it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 30, 2013 at 08:14 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

btw, did you solve the walldestructionbug?
    and if so, what was the reason?

Don't you think it'll be nice to replace these vanilla horses with the fan made ones for Medieval II (Marka horses)?

I don't know about this submod, it sounds interesting but I don't think its necessary.

He means the horses of Rusichi. Thats the most used horses in TWC mods since Rusichi release. They ´re very good. But i think it is too late, to change by now the horses of the mod. only 69% of one text file is between now and release of 1648 v.2.0

Hi, i've installed all the patches, hotfixes etc but i still get a ctd when i start a battle, help pls?

16:45:46.006 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:45:46.007 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:45:46.010 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:45:46.010 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:45:46.011 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:45:46.012 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:45:46.012 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:45:46.012 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:45:48.502 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/1648/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 5080, column 38
    missile range of 308 is impossible with projectile mortar_shot (max range 308)
    16:48:21.701 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    He means the horses of Rusichi. Thats the most used horses in TWC mods since Rusichi release. They ´re very good. But i think it is too late, to change by now the horses of the mod. only 69% of one text file is between now and release of 1648 v.2.0
    Hurry up! I can't wait. Make your German efficiency kick in!

OK forget my old system log.. this is the proper one

come on. there is only one file that is mostly done keeping this from release. Please release this or I will have to find a cryo chamber to freeze myself until it is released.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Piombino View Post
    OK forget my old system log.. this is the proper one
    Looks like you forgot to install part 2 of the installation:

18:27:21.123 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/1648_crew/1648_buergerwehr_lod0.mesh is missing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Sa'd of Jerusalem View Post
    come on. there is only one file that is mostly done keeping this from release. Please release this or I will have to find a cryo chamber to freeze myself until it is released.
    Open 1648\data\text\export_buildings.txt and drop to your knees in reverence to the herculean task Monti is undertaking.
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 01, 2013 at 07:55 PM.

Domesticus

I dont know what is meant, but sounds like progress is being made very well...shouldnt take too much longer

BTW, what goes into making a translation? Couldnt files be ran through a translator, and then read over by a proof reader in the translated langauge, to make sure everything works?

Blog Entries

Translators available are at best 'basic' - give it a try by translating the description for the Marienkirche building (below) from the export_units file into your native language via a translator and see what a mess it becomes. Proof reading would consume roughly the same time as doing translations by hand, especially when it comes to long paragraphs like these.

Quote Originally Posted by 1648's export_buildings
    Von besonderer Wichtigkeit für das Land war die über Prenzlau führende Fernhandelsstraße von Magdeburg nach Stettin. Wegen seiner wirtschaftlichen Blüte wurde das Uckerland überregional bekannt, so dass es von Wolfram von Eschenbach etwa im ersten Jahrzehnt des 13. Jahrhunderts in seinem „Parzival“ als „Ukerlant“ erwähnt wird, ebenso der „Ukersee“.Um 1230 erwarben die Markgrafen von Brandenburg zunächst das südliche Uckerland bis zur Welse durch Kauf von Herzog Barnim I., durch den Vertrag von Landin aus dem Jahr 1250 dann auch noch den restlichen nördlichen Teil. Der Vertrag von Landin gilt als „Geburtsstunde der Uckermark“, bezeichnet aber lediglich den Übergang der Herrschaft über das gesamte Uckerland von den Herzögen von Pommern auf die Markgrafen von Brandenburg. Das 1375 zum Barnim. Das vereinigte Uckerland wird erst seit dem Spätmittelalter als Uckermark bezeichnet. Der Vertrag von Landin war strategischer Teil des expansiven hochmittelalterlichen deutschen Landesausbaus nach Osten und Norden unter den gemeinsam regierenden askanischen Markgrafen Johann I. und Otto III.; ihre Nachfolger bemühten sich wiederholt erfolgreich um die Lehnsherrschaft über Pommern (1198/99 und 1231).Erst nach dem Frieden zu Wittstock (1442) kam die Uckermark endgültig an Brandenburg. Der Dreißigjährige Krieg erreichte die Uckermark im Jahre 1626. Erschwerend ergaben sich 1629 und 1630 erhebliche Missernten und ab 1630 außerdem die Pest; in Prenzlau fielen ihr etwa 30 % der städtischen Vorkriegsbevölkerung zum Opfer. Am Ende des Krieges waren von den 222 Flecken und Dörfern der Uckermark annähernd 40 % völlig zerstört und menschenleer. Der kurfürstliche Versuch der Wiederbesiedlung erfolgte u.a. durch Anwerbung von Holländern sowie franz. Hugenotten, denen als Reformierten und Mennoniten freie Religionsausübung zugesichert wurde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Google's translation
    Of particular importance for the country was the leading over Prenzlau trade route from Magdeburg to Stettin. Because of its economic boom, the Uckerland was known nationwide, making it by Wolfram von Eschenbach about the first decade of the 13th Century in his "Parsifal" is mentioned as "Ukerlant", as the "Ukersee" is. Around 1230, the Margrave of Brandenburg acquired first southern Uckerland to catfish by buying Duke Barnim I, the Treaty of Landin from 1250 then also the rest of the northern part. The Treaty of Landin is considered the "birth of the Uckermark", but refers only to the transfer of control over the entire Uckerland of the Dukes of Pomerania to the Margrave of Brandenburg. The 1375 Barnim. The combined Uckerland known only since the late Middle Ages as Uckermark. The Treaty of Landin was a strategic part of the expansive high medieval German eastward expansion to the east and north by the jointly ruling Ascanian Margrave John I and Otto III;. Their successors strove successfully repeated the suzerainty over Pomerania (1198/99 and 1231) only. after the Peace of Wittstock (1442) Uckermark finally came to Brandenburg. The Thirty Years' War reached the Uckermark in 1626. Aggravating 1629 and 1630 major crop failures and from 1630 also revealed the plague in Prenzlau she noticed about 30% of the urban population to the war victims. At the end of the war, of the 222 towns and villages Uckermark approximately 40% were completely destroyed and deserted. The electoral test of recolonization was including through recruitment of Dutch and French Huguenots, which was as Reformed and Mennonite religious freedom guaranteed.

Sorry for the very simple question: what is the year start of the campaign of this mod? 1618 or earlier?
    I have modified the campaign start year in the descr_strat just for fun, and i think that can bug the game and the scripts so i want apply the original start year of this mod. So what is the start year of the 1648 mod campaign?
    Thanks for the reply (excuse for my english thats not my native language)
    Have a good day @ all

ok great stuff, i was missing some of it Is there a way to make all factions playable? i was quite attracted to playing as the archbishopric of Trier

wait only a short time, until release of Version 2.0. There is Trier playable.