Page 12 of 145 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Default Re: 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzibo View Post
    Exzellent ! Eure Appetizer haben mich regelrecht süchtig nach der Mod gemacht

Ein paar Fragen hab ich noch:
    1.Wie schaut das mit den Missionen generell aus?
    2.Ist es modtechnisch eigentlich möglich, als Lohn für die Erfüllung einer Mission eine Provinz zu bekommen?
    3.Welche Funktion übernimmt jetzt die Papstwahl bzw was kann man jetzt wählen? Die Führer der KL und PU?
    Wünsche euch noch viel Erfolg

PS: habt ihr das Problem mit Süddeutschland beheben können?

1. Missionen?
    2. siehe 1. Aber sicher ist es über das Skript möglich Provinzen zu übergeben, nur ist die einzige Eventkette wo das passieren könnte noch in Arbeit.
    3. Papstwahl gibts natürlich nicht mehr, da der Papst nicht existiert, ne Königswahl mitten in einem Bürgerkrieg ist auch Unsinn. Die Führer von KL und PU standen ja fest und wurden nicht wirklich gewählt, das ginge auch im Spiel nicht, zwei unabhängige Wahleinrichtungen einzubauen über das Papstfenster. Macht auch spielerisch keinen Sinn.
    4. Ja das Problem ist lange gelöst, die Karte ist wieder stabil.

Danke. Aber süchtig wollten wir keinen machen , wartet mal mit eurem Vorschusslob bis nach dem Release. Das ist uns lieber

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Eyyy what happen with Spain in the mod??? I will miss Spanish Tercios

BTW the mod is truly awesome Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    Eyyy what happen with Spain in the mod??? I will miss Spanish Tercios

BTW the mod is truly awesome Good work!
    Spain (the areas in the Netherlands and Belgium) can be found as part of the Habsburg, Spanish troops appear as reinforcement armies in Events.

@Monguntiacum: danke für die schnelle Antwort

wg Missionen/Aufträge meinte ich so Sachen wie "erobere Provinz xy in xy Runden für xy Belohnung".
    Das mit der Papstwahl etc. leuchtet mir ein

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    Spain (the areas in the Netherlands and Belgium) can be found as part of the Habsburg, Spanish troops appear as reinforcement armies in Events.
    Then... Do you will unite the Habsburgs into a single faction in mod??? i hope not xDDD because will be unhistorical...
    Last edited by LordKainES; March 22, 2010 at 02:11 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

i hope not xDDD because will be unhistorical...
    Chances are 99% that after the first round nothing is historical anymore - so why be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    Chances are 99% that after the first round nothing is historical anymore - so why be concerned?
    True enough. But with this attitude you could also justify including flying hippos... So I can see nothing wrong in striving for historicity.

GiGantus has a very good point here! we can strive to create mods which retain loyaty historically~but that, only is indicative and reflective of the initial parameters and onset of the game. Everything after that fisrt turn would be better focused on quality of gameplay!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

But with this attitude you could also justify including flying hippos...
    Although I see the humor, I do not see the point:

Chances are 99% that after the first round...
    The flying hippos would have to be there in the first round to apply to your statement. Not much historical accuracy then, or?
    The point made is, that it doesn't matter how historically accurate you set up the game, after the first round it WILL deviate from history.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 23, 2010 at 06:24 AM.

The flying hippos would have to be there in the first round to apply to your statement. Not much historical accuracy then, or?
    The point made is, that it doesn't matter how historically accurate you set up the game, after the first round it WILL deviate from history.

thank you GiGantus, as that was my point~

I'd say it's pretty hard to not see the point...

But the fact that from round two onwards it will deviate from history does not make it less necessary to strive for accuracy, does it?

Each game is a "what if" scenario, so why not try to simulate the pre-"round two" situation as good as possible (within certain limitations, of course)?

Each mod, as well as each game is always the problem of two contradictory dimensions. Playability against historical accuracy.
    I know a lot of mods that have researched long and wide and long texts ever written about the history behind it. And are dead
    Because a pet project as a mod must also come to a point at which needs to cut back the love for detail.
    Otherwise, they drowned in the details.
    We give ourselves a lot of effort to achieve the most historically and geographically correct Mod But if in doubt always comes first, the playability. We are modders edit a game. Not scientists create a multimedia documentary.

On the particular point here, Spain. Anyone who has looked at our map. To have noticed that we only Central show more precisely the HRRdN. Since Spain is not on it.
    Only because of the little remnant of the Spanish Netherlands, but we do not clean entire faction. This would not only unnecessary work. But also on the balance of the game complete nonsense. That would be dead within 10 laps
    Squashed between France and the United Netherlands.
    As part of the Habsburg Empire, such areas are an attractive front for this faction, which makes a playful sense.
    Honestly, just because someone makes the panties wet because we did not have two Habsburg factions in it, but only one.
    I'll do that to me not as an unnecessary work.
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; March 23, 2010 at 10:39 AM.

Monguntiacum;7006421]Each mod, as well as each game is always the problem of two contradictory dimensions. Playability against historical accuracy.
    I know a lot of mods that have researched long and wide and long texts ever written about the history behind it. And are dead
    Because a pet project as a mod must also come to a point at which needs to cut back the love for detail.
    Otherwise, they drowned in the details.
    We give ourselves a lot of effort to achieve the most historically and geographically correct Mod But if in doubt always comes first, the playability. We are modders edit a game. Not scientists create a multimedia documentary.
    well put that is what GiGantuses point was!
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; March 23, 2010 at 04:18 PM.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

This is just getting better and better!

WOW. This looks incredible! How'd you get the war wagons to work?

We used the wagons from Banzai, but this didn't work fine and there where some problems with ctds.
    We have found the solution, that in the battle_models.modeldb has to be a certain entry to make it work properly. I dont know more, because it was not me that made it.

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

great work, guys. damned where I were so long time that not saw this?

and I agree with you, there is possible to do everything historic accuracy to the first turn. TW games are open ended and it is better to have good free gameplay as strictly historic game with much background scripts to abridge gameplay.

good luck with work...
    sorry my english.

Any news about a release date?

We do some work at the rts map, but new team patch is coming soo, possible the last team patch before release version.

here guys something for your eyes, a bit of our RTS Work

ah, reservist our member who works at the canon is NOT using 1648 for this screenie, its his laboratory vanilla for testing.

and yes the old medieval wall and towers will gone before release, its only a picture of progres

OMG!!! ...i want it...