Page 11 of 145 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Automatix's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

awesome walls
    Great orders make from soldiers heroes, wrong orders make from them cowards.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Wow those walls look great! Huge job there

Unfortunately the only thing I'm gona bicker on (sorry but its what I do) is the growing vegetation around the walls. I looks unnatural, perhaps some dying grass around the walls will make it look complete? But still, awesome job. It will be very exciting to see it in action.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Wow! Kanns kaum erwarten!
    Lese grad ein empfehlenswertes Büchlein zu dem Thema. Für alle Interessierten: Schmidt (@toluas: danke für den Hinweis ;-) ), Georg, Der Dreissigjährige Krieg, München 1995. Kompaktes Buch, Umfang 100 Seiten.
    Lasst euch ja Zeit mit dem Release, sonst komm ich überhaupt nicht mehr zu meiner HA
    Last edited by Fuzzibo; March 12, 2010 at 08:18 AM.

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Great city walls, rep++

Very nice! Just a question though.. Are you guys going to put water around the city walls as well? It will make it more realistic, but perphaps less enjoyable for gameplay purpose. I've no idea though if cities outside the netherlands had it, but I know quite a few cities in the Netherlands that have it, since I live there myself.
    That would not be a Problem. If it makes sense.

I don't think it would be too good with moats or water around the cities, if the water is impassable for units. That would make it very hard to assault cities.
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzibo View Post
    Wow! Kanns kaum erwarten!
    Lese grad ein empfehlenswertes Büchlein zu dem Thema. Für alle Interessierten: Schmitt, Georg, Der Dreissigjährige Krieg, München 1995. Kompaktes Buch, Umfang 100 Seiten.
    Lasst euch ja Zeit mit dem Release, sonst komm ich überhaupt nicht mehr zu meiner HA
    Ebenfalls zu empfehlen: Der Dreißigjährige Krieg von Gerhard Schormann! (Übrigens schreibt sich Georg Schmidt
    mit -dt)

Biarchus

Great stuff! Keep it coming!
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

Alexandros I.'s Avatar Ordinarius

Great walls. +rep

jaw dropping this is epic respect to the team

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

After a short but hard-going debate in a German forum where members of the forum, the black humor of ModTeam not have understood and reacted in horror, shocked or upset to have to ironical contributions, we decided a warning of the mod 1648 to disseminate all the forums to protect the naive and white souls of inexperienced fellows.

Warning Against This Mod !!!!
    The team of 1648, strongly recommends that warning to read and to hearted.

This mod includes humor. Simple and nice humor in the form of homages, allusions, and even some puns.

But evil, black and very very bitter humor.
    For this mod worked 30 years misery, death, destruction, mass murder, civil war, mass rape and lies, called the Thirty Years War, led because of religion and politics.

This scenario was the team from the cute, lovable and friendly people there will only be endured when we take refuge in humor. Pure historical correctness, we would not stand and had abandoned the project. Therefore, NOT EVERYTHING is meant seriously.

This mod should NEVER be played by people who have no sympathy for black humor!

You can test yourself by Monty Python watch episodes on Youtube, or cabaret by Georg Schramm. If they do not laugh while, they have no sense of black humor and irony. Let then please, please stay away from our Mod

We mean it seriously, all users of this comes after the release buggered and wants to go on our nerves because he has not understood something that was not serious or wants to complain because the work contained humor, with mockery and ridicule we will to punish bitterly them.

We mean it seriously, this mod could seriously harm their naive soul!

LET THE FINGER OF THE MOD IF YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF IRONY! THIS IS OUR ONLY AND LAST WARNING!

AND YES WE MEAN THE GODDAMN SERIOUSLY

This message was translated by google translation, also the translation is at some parts a nice joke. Thanks google! I hope no one in politics use your Matrix, it could trigger war...
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; March 18, 2010 at 06:08 AM.

BobaHat's Avatar Tiro

Awesome! I will definitely be downloading this mod!

I have a little suggestion though. The campaign map seems to lack a huge part of land mass to the north. All of Scania (Skåne) is missing. At this time, Scania was part of Denmark until it was conquered by Sweden in 1658. Scania was a major part of Danish power with its largest university situated in Lund.
    Here is a map of what the Kingdom of Denmark looked like during the Thirty Year War (marked in red):

Greenland and the Faroe Islands were (and still are) a part of the Kingdom of Denmark, but I couldn't fit them on the map...

Also, the Coat of Arms you have used for Denmark is lacking the hearts (I think... maybe they're just small?):

Finally, the amber colour that you have used for Denmark just doesn't feel right. Since 1219 Denmark has had the red/white flag it still has today, and the amber/blue coat of arms was only used officially and for royalty.

In my opinion, the dark red colour used in Vanilla M2TW actually works best for Denmark.

I hope you find this info useful in updates to the mod.

Looking forward to playing it!

-Rob

Edit: A quick shot of Danish student militia marching to battle during the Swedish siege of Copenhagen in 1659:
    Last edited by BobaHat; March 19, 2010 at 02:54 AM.
    "I have learned how to be a man.
    And so I shall become the King of Men."
    - Canute the Great, king of Denmark, Norway and England

Since our mod focuses on Germany or the adjacent areas, as a region with the most important Schlachfelder of war, we have discussed over the map.
    It was decided to remove the tip of southern Sweden, as he has no strategic use, costing us a province that we can better use elsewhere. And besides, the AI of Denmark but lead to nonsense. It would be positioned an army or fleet there. Rather than push forward historically into Germany.

As far as the heart on the crest. You certainly mean the representation in the imagination of the fractions. Since they are already to be seen as small red dots.
    In the game itself on flags and coats of arms, they are easier to see.

The colors on the mini-map, we do not use the colors for a particular scheme, but in usable colors we have available. And would, therefore, if they do not like the dark yellow, pink and even a bright green so far. But actually it makes too much work at this late stage of the mod, or even delaying the release because such a frippery.

Thanks for the nice picture, let's see if we can use this.
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; March 19, 2010 at 06:58 AM.

BobaHat's Avatar Tiro

Good points! That cleared it up nicely.
    I do think you could still add Scania just to make the map look a bit better. You wouldn't even have to make a new province - you could just add it to the Zealand (Sjælland) province and make a land bridge like in Vanilla M2TW.
    It's just because the map looks so empty up there. Making this would also help prevent a naval invasion of Zealand from the North-East which would be totally unrealistic (unless it was coming from Sweden ).

Just a thought.

You can't add Scania without adding another province for Sweden, as the northern tip of Jylland(Skagen) is in Height with the city of Göteborg(Gothenburg). So it would look weirder if Scania was an Island or covered the whole of southern Sweden. In that case you would actually have to add at least Småland as a region for Sweden...
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

BobaHat's Avatar Tiro

Adding Skåne as a part of Sjælland and stretching it a bit is still better than just having an empty sea area.

lol, it seems to me a point of view to be. I never really look to the example of the sea in the north. I usually look in the center or south of the map. Since I almost always take the factions with whom I have the French out of the kingdom must adhere. Therefore, I remain an "empty" ocean hidden.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You can't add Scania without adding another province for Sweden, as the northern tip of Jylland(Skagen) is in Height with the city of Göteborg(Gothenburg). So it would look weirder if Scania was an Island or covered the whole of southern Sweden. In that case you would actually have to add at least Småland as a region for Sweden...
    CA put Ireland on the same height as Florida - talk about weird (and artistic freedom of expression).

There is always a give and take when it comes to the map - playability against reality. The former usually wins.

This is how reality would have looked:
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 20, 2010 at 07:14 AM.

We have considered and have come to the conclusion that we add the previously excised area on the map. But not as a separate province but as "subdivisions" of existing provinces of the corresponding faction.

Exzellent ! Eure Appetizer haben mich regelrecht süchtig nach der Mod gemacht

Ein paar Fragen hab ich noch:
    1.Wie schaut das mit den Missionen generell aus?
    2.Ist es modtechnisch eigentlich möglich, als Lohn für die Erfüllung einer Mission eine Provinz zu bekommen?
    3.Welche Funktion übernimmt jetzt die Papstwahl bzw was kann man jetzt wählen? Die Führer der KL und PU?
    Wünsche euch noch viel Erfolg

PS: habt ihr das Problem mit Süddeutschland beheben können?