Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Default Re: 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty Clarina View Post
    but I must say that it is despicable to see christian killing christian.
    that´s okay, better they killing each other than killing atheists and philosophers : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypatia
    also christian wars are normal, only islam knows so much war and blood between denominations..

Hypatia was Christian and wasn't a philosopher.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Every side killed someone. For ... sake ! We are human

Quote Originally Posted by Louis XI View Post
    Hypatia was Christian and wasn't a philosopher.
    I'm not interested in the discussion itself - in general, i dislike moral judgements about historical happenings -, anyway I'm pretty sure Hypatia wasn't christian indeed... Morover, she was a "philospher" in the meaning the word had in the IV-V century. On what sources are you founding your statement? Maybe there are some new studies on the topic I ignore.

Excuse me if the post is a little off-topic... Anyaway, I'm really looking forward for this mod - I've been waiting for a TYW mod since years!

@demostene

more OT: your signature, bellum crucis, the unit looks very nice. is this mod released? can you post for me a link? thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post

more OT: your signature, bellum crucis, the unit looks very nice. is this mod released? can you post for me a link? thanks a lot

Here you go Monguntiacum http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2319

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Lol ... finally a reason to dust off my Deutsch grammar book and actually learn something
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

How is the Der dreissigjährige Krieg mod going? Is it out yet? I havnt seen any download links yet.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    How is the Der dreissigjährige Krieg mod going? Is it out yet? I havnt seen any download links yet.
    Good day, sir! No, this mod is not out yet, thus asking for download link is pointless. If you want to know latest news I suggest German forum http://totalwar-forum.de/wbb/index.p...rd&boardID=115

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Unfortunatly I dont speak nore can I read german but thankyou anyway. Fortunatly there are pictures to look at.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Any news? Will there be a beta release soon??
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

we will not release a beta. when the mod is v.1.0 we will release. no day before.
    the coming days we will start working again, the most members of the team have had exams at university.

Ah, exams I know the importance of studies

Also we are not finished this building site we think, it would be nice for you to see what a reason we have to wait with release.

we are building at new walls etc for early 17. century Citydefense

this is only a early screenshot, their will be much more changes. but a little shot for you guys.

Glowbal's Avatar Tiro

Very nice! Just a question though.. Are you guys going to put water around the city walls as well? It will make it more realistic, but perphaps less enjoyable for gameplay purpose. I've no idea though if cities outside the netherlands had it, but I know quite a few cities in the Netherlands that have it, since I live there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    Also we are not finished this building site we think, it would be nice for you to see what a reason we have to wait with release.

we are building at new walls etc for early 17. century Citydefense

this is only a early screenshot, their will be much more changes. but a little shot for you guys.

WOOOOOOW!!!!
    Now that's what I call cool

Now I know it will be worth waiting for the release Great job! +Rep

Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbal View Post
    Very nice! Just a question though.. Are you guys going to put water around the city walls as well? It will make it more realistic, but perphaps less enjoyable for gameplay purpose. I've no idea though if cities outside the netherlands had it, but I know quite a few cities in the Netherlands that have it, since I live there myself.

good question. i don´t believe that is possible. but the modeler of the team have things done, i never would believe until i saw it. so i would say, waiting and drinking tea

Glowbal's Avatar Tiro

Well there is water around some cities (I believe it was citadel or fortress?) in game, right. So it should be possible, I guess. But I will wait and drink some tea, haha