Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

Splendid news. Sometimes I force myself and read a bit in German forum. Very impressive I dare to say...About possible future updates...will they be just minor thing or are we for some pleasant suprises..lets say custom campaigns (I know it may take very long...but hell Iam very patient person) expanding map...probably impossible. I presume that you have reached maximum number of settlements? Sorrow out and Merry Christmas to you all...

Most of the items are from the first quarter of XVII century. Need any sources on these?

Armours and related items

< Pikeman armour
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

< Armour, a modern-day copy maybe

< German armour, around 1625

< German manufacture, around 1625

< Pikeman armour

< Italian armour (Florence), 1610

< German manufacture, second quarter or the century

< Dutch (or Savoy)

< French armour

< Dutch helmet

< Italian helmet

Weapons

< Venetian Schiavona sword, 1630

< Swiss cavalry sword

< Italian infantry sword

< English mortuary sword

< Scottish claymore basket sword

< Spada da lato composita

< Venetian cutlass

< German halberds

< German Dussack swords

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sorrow View Post
    Splendid news. Sometimes I force myself and read a bit in German forum. Very impressive I dare to say...About possible future updates...will they be just minor thing or are we for some pleasant suprises..lets say custom campaigns (I know it may take very long...but hell Iam very patient person) expanding map...probably impossible. I presume that you have reached maximum number of settlements? Sorrow out and Merry Christmas to you all...

1) settlements, we have two varieties of "cities", first the main cities - the good old one with builing and recruiting and second the minor cities - only cities to fight at geostrategic location, example Bozen in Tyrol for Brennerpass. They are in origin kingdom forts, we gave new models for Battle and Strategic Maps, and of course names, we learned how from Machiavello Mod.
    So we have 199 Maincities and round about 400-500 minor cities at the map.

2) campaigns/submod, we have two submods for 1648 in pipeline, a story in early 10 Cent. Proto-Germans against Magyars (Heinrich and his Son Otto the Great by Riade and Lechfeld) and a 13 Cent. Story about Interregnum after death of stupor mundi Friedrich II. of Hohenstaufen. Also they are subs for 1648 we use the same map, we change many things - the castles return (in 1648 there are no castles, only cities), units (of course), storyscript, factions, etc.

----
    @Maximinus Thrax, very nice collection. thank you.
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; December 25, 2009 at 06:16 PM.

Glad to be of help. Good luck with the mod.

Another question....How long it takes for AI to make moves after endturn...I love SS but the time between turn is long enought to have a complete lunch...
    Last edited by Mr. Sorrow; December 25, 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Great pics, Maximinus Thrax!
    +rep

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

This is going to be absolute hell when the mod is release in a few days and I can't read a damn word of the text. My people quit speaking German many decades ago after leaving the old country. I wonder if it will be possible to play without understanding the text. I sure hope somebody translates this pronto.

In a few days? Iam afraid that we will have to wait. At least few weeks...

Quote:
    (UPDATE

Cause of another few problems, which won't be solved easily, the Mod won't release on Christmas 09. There is no new release-date. Hopefully in the first quarter of 2010. )
    Last edited by Mr. Sorrow; December 25, 2009 at 06:58 PM.

In a few days? Iam afraid that we will have to wait. At least few weeks...

Quote:
    (UPDATE

Cause of another few problems, which won't be solved easily, the Mod won't release on Christmas 09. There is no new release-date. Hopefully in the first quarter of 2010. )

Gentlemen...just wanted to ask if you would be so kind and emit language text files, so I can give translation a shot...Sorrow out.

Gentlemen...just wanted to ask if you would be so kind and emit language text files, so I can give translation a shot...Sorrow out.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
    Great!!!
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

That would be greatly appreciated.

after release. think you will understand.

your will to help the non-german-speaking community with a translation is very kind of you

but warning, this mod is very very stuffed of text, because we have two stories to tell: first the real history but as modder/or mod user you know history is history after the first turn, we tried to simulate a second story line "what happed if.." So we have a really stuffed script/events. Naturally: Unit-description, buildings, etc etc, and we hate the ***** translation of german city names in TW-german-"localisation": Nuremberg, Munich (that maybe the english names but in german we call them Nürnberg, München. Or Gdansk, Praha or very bad Kaliningrad, we say Danzig, Prag and Königsberg. So we put EVERY City in the map in german translation, i´m telling about ca. 700-800 city names.
    so, i hope you have nothing else to do in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    after release. think you will understand.

your will to help the non-german-speaking community with a translation is very kind of you

but warning, this mod is very very stuffed of text, because we have two stories to tell: first the real history but as modder/or mod user you know history is history after the first turn, we tried to simulate a second story line "what happed if.." So we have a really stuffed script/events. Naturally: Unit-description, buildings, etc etc, and we hate the ***** translation of german city names in TW-german-"localisation": Nuremberg, Munich (that maybe the english names but in german we call them Nürnberg, München. Or Gdansk, Praha or very bad Kaliningrad, we say Danzig, Prag and Königsberg. So we put EVERY City in the map in german translation, i´m telling about ca. 700-800 city names.
    so, i hope you have nothing else to do in 2010
    Oh, I have plenty things to do, in fact this will be year that will shape my future... Iam from Czech republic (nothing else than place to live...no preference for this country) so I will be very careful with city names (btw Olomouc or Olmütz?) and will take this as a big chance to improve my German skills...Fun is fun but we must learn to pay for it. I do not think that it will take more than 3 months to translate but we will see. Many people have been waiting for "big" pike and shot mod (For King or Country is superb but too...short) and for making this happen you have my thanks. Sorrow out.
    Last edited by Mr. Sorrow; December 28, 2009 at 07:50 AM.

Automatix's Avatar Semisalis

hi guys I think, tkat i cna help too. (i don't know if I will have time for it.)
    But I think, that the best would be if every village/town/city have their names in native language for htat regiom, but for czech cities czech's rebels If they will be, (because after battle of Bílá hora the Czechs countries belong back to Austiran monarchy)
    so when Czech owned Prag so that will be simply Praha when Austrians so Prag etc, I know that is lot of work, but i think, than it is the best way
    I if you need i can help with researching

P.S i am from Czech rep. too.
    regards
    Great orders make from soldiers heroes, wrong orders make from them cowards.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Automatix View Post
    1 But I think, that the best would be if every village/town/city have their names in native language for htat regiom,

2 but for czech cities czech's rebels If they will be, (because after battle of Bílá hora the Czechs countries belong back to Austiran monarchy)
    so when Czech owned Prag so that will be simply Praha when Austrians so Prag etc
    hmm,
    1) modern days or that time? example: Königsberg until 1945, today Kaliningrad. In mod? so we decided all cities in german. so like in english mods all cities in english. think it would be much more work to translated our cities in every language of this region.

2) in that days german settlement are unlike todays:

german settlement in 1900
    [SPOIL][/SPOIL]
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; December 28, 2009 at 10:12 PM.

you understand me wrong , I thought, that in Kingdoms can be settlement named with 2 or more names for every factions one

For example: in Spain campaign have indians one name for their settement and when this settlement is captured by Spain It is automaticaly renamed

I hope, that you understad what I mean

And sure, the names of 30 YW timeframe

And for others languages versions of this mod I would change nothing around names of settlement
    Last edited by Automatix; December 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The name change is a small script. Which becomes a monster if you multiply it by the number of factions and the number of settlements:

197*25=4925 Scripts at approximately 8 lines each = 39,400 lines. That should slow down the game a bit.

Not necessary, if you need it you can always change the city names manually... And as gigantus say 39, 400 lines is no joke
    Personally I prefer German names- like it or not Bohemia was very strongly influenced by Germans and nearly always walked in their shadow.

yes, in Bohemia lived many germans, but what i know so in this timeframe it was 50 on 50 officialy names been czechs only in the Germans lokations only germans used germans names. The Great Germanization og every names been later.

it was only idea. that could be only there where was settlements capturing by someone in this timeframe for better historial accuracy.

regards
    - Niccolo Machiavelli