Page 1 of 145 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Awarded to Monguntiacum for winning the 'Researcher (M2TW)' category in the 2011 Modder Awards.

Download Links and Installation Instructions

Torrent at PirateBay 2.3GB
    Release patch 1.0.003 291MB
    Patch 1.0.005 - 1.4MB
    Patch 1.0.012 - 26.3MB (for details click here)
    Patch 1.0.030 - 16.6MB (for details click here)
    'Regular' download of all files is available at infracta.de (RapidShare didn't see it necessary to inform of the removal) - 100kbs for guests, 500kbs for members
    For those not comfortable to access PirateBay, here the actual torrent file. Simply extract and double click to get your torrent download going

English Installation Instruction (small PDF file)
    German Installation Instruction (small PDF file)

Note: The main installer as well as patch 1.0.003 will appear to be frozen at some time. This is due to installation of huge files (eg music.dat), unless you receive an error message and\or your hard drive light stops flickering do not cancel the installation!
    We have not tested if the Quickfix is save game compatible, please expect weird color combinations on the strategic map if you continue your game after it's application.

Using the attached torrent file (zipped because of attachment rules) requires the following steps:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. Having a torrent client like BitTorrent installed
    2. Unzipping of the attached torrent file, 7-Zip is a free program that does that nicely
    3. Run\Double Click the unzipped torrent file
    4. Define the directory where the download should go

QuickFix (24th Mai 2012)

1. There has been a repeated bug in the Protestant Union end of round processing of characters. Extract the attached file into the mods\1648\data folder - save game compatible. For more details see here.
    2. A missing entry in historic_events causes the game to crash in round 169 (Feb 1632). Extract the attached file into the mods\1648\data\text folder - save game compatible
    3. Different sized unit cards were causing a interface breakdown. Extract the attached file into the mods\1648\data\ui folder.
    4. It appears that there is a problem with the animation of destroyed (new) walls. We are working on it and suggest that in the meantime you delete\rename this folder if you experience a crash when destroying walls: ...\1648\data\settlements\north_european\settlements\large_city
    5. A partial English translation is available, extract the attachment in to the data\text folder.

Error reporting

1. General = Due to a drain on resources the error log has been set to 'error' - the lowest setting. To find errors like the one for the crash in the winter of 1620, kindly set your log to 'trace' and then compress and attach the error log after a crash.
    2. Finding the log = it will be in the ...\Medieval II Total War\logs folder
    3. Setting the log to trace = open Configuration.cfg (in the 1648 main folder) with Notepad. In the [log] section, remove the hash ( # ) in front of the trace line and add a hash in front of the error line, save. The log will become rather big, but compressing will reduce it to approximately 5-10% of it's original size.

General Information
    To start of with: this mod will be published in German first. Translation is being done bu tmay take some time.
    The mod 1648 is settled in the period 1618-1648 of the wars in Central Europe better known als the '30 years war'. The battlefields of this conflict are all located in the area of the Holy Roman Empire, therefore the map encompasses it's dominion and the directly neighboring areas (Copenhagen-Udine / Reims-Riga). The level of detail is guaranteed through 198 provinces and 24 factions. The pivotal aspect of the mod will be the struggle of the Kaiser with the counter reformation; protestant leaders being his main adversaries.
    Foreign powers enter the game as spawning factions like Siebenbürgen or as invaders like Sweden and France. Poland-Lithuania (the Western areas), Denmark, Swiss Union and the United Netherlands have their part on the map as well, although their influence in the beginning will be more passiv. The eighty years war between the Netherlands and Spanish Habsburg will also play a role in the overall war of that period.

The mod has followed new paths to make the game experience more intensive: new music and sounds, new textures, new units, new animations, new stratmap elements and more.

Our Team Forum with more details can be found here:

As of 06th January 2011 the team of 1648 has it's own off-site forum. Predictably in German.
    !!! The forum is not restricted to the "1648" mod, it showcases work on other related mod stuff of the team as well. !!!
    We have an english sub forum now!!

Enough words, pictures say so much more:

Faction List

Faction Map

Improved gunpowder effects

View down the valley

Bridge and ships

Drummer and flag carrier

Grapeshot, for a better impression watch the video

Hussiten Wagen (wagon fort), for a better impression watch the video

More battle action

Canons in action on the walls

The city map

Preparing to deploy

On the walls

Our thanks go to the following teams, individuals and organisations:
    - The teams of TWZone and TWForum for their friendly assistance and providing a moding 'home'
    - Both communities for their support, ideas and friendly critic
    - Musculus Maximus for his help with the forts and ground textures
    - Dimitri Harkov and Addi for their ideas and help
    - Rheumafuzzy and team SuS\OuO as well as repman and team DLV for ideas and help
    - King Kong and Team TA for ground textures and those plush trees on the stratmap
    - Banzai! for his groundwork on the wagon forts and the beheadings
    - Xeryx for providing the AI mod
    - the countless modders of TWCentre for their brilliant groundwork
    - Wikipedia for the public pictures and text
    - German television ARd and ZDF for their documentaries "Wir Deutschen" and "Die Deutschen"
    - The authors of the books "Deutsche Volkslieder", "Deutsche Hausmärchen", "Deutsche Soldatenlieder", although this will be most likely posthumous
    - The Housekeepr and team Machiavello for their idea of the named forts
    - Team HRE and their inspiration for a "Reichs-Mod"
    - AlphaDelta for the mod fKoC that taught us a lot
    - Supply and forage system by Byg
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 07, 2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: media updated

Automatix's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

very nice to see a mod from 30YW age. Is this mod done or how much procents is done?
    PS: fortunately my german is very good sehr gut
    Great orders make from soldiers heroes, wrong orders make from them cowards.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

Blog Entries

Well, this is the WIP (Work in Progress) forum, so it is still being worked on. Would be nice if we could release a beta before Xmas, but can't make any promises.
    For more detailed development, please visit our German forum either at Total War Forum or Total War Zone.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Zupah geil! . Aber mein Haus steht under Wasser auf der Karte .

We hoped to release the mod for christmas 09. But unfortunaly we got a crash last days. so i would say, in the beginning of 2010. status is ca. 95% of v1.0.

--
    Also some little points:

1) edited
    2) also, the brigde at the delta of the weser, only appetizer not final
    3) some great rivers like danube, rhine, memel, weichsel, oder, elbe, weser, spree/havel are "sea" so you are able to use ships to transport your canons
    4) Catholic Liga and Protestant Union are non-player factions, they represent the "factions" who are to small to be a real player faction.
    5) we know, there must be a little part of southern sweden a the map, if it be a "real" map. But we decided to stint this countryside. Its not necessary for story,so we use the "free slot" of a province for areas in HRE.
    6) the little cities Alzey, Bingen, etc. are named forts with new Stratmap/RTS Models
    7) the ships: Admiral Richard represents the ships in 1648, Admiral Karl the Vanilla...
    8) We have a very big script, so we will tell you in Game two storys, the real story and the story that will be write new by the player.

9) I´m sorry, my english is getting worse in last years, since i must read more latin and ancient greek books than english.
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; December 06, 2009 at 07:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Replaced the drummer pic, added the battle scene.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

That, sir, is a lot of hard work. I like it.

I see, on these screens are the old model of the cities. here comes the new one: example Visby (Gotland)

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

awesome gigantus

is it your own mod?

you took some stuff from FKOC didn't you?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Blog Entries

It is not "my" mod, I am just a proud part of it (mapping, scripting, some strat modelling). It just so happens that I am fairly conversant in English and so had the pleasure of introducing this mod.

- AlphaDelta for the mod fKoC that taught us a lot
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 06, 2009 at 09:50 AM.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

great stuff!

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Wow, now thats what I'm talking about! Love the map!

IZob's Avatar Citizen

xcellent work here! The last picture looks terribly fun and the campaign map looks intense (No rebels!!! So its a all out brawl). Also love the new units especially the rifle men and pike men. Great way to play a mod of Empires totalwar without having to buy the disc
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

please, someone translate! I've been dying for a thirty years war mod forever, especially after the last one died.

Does it require kingdoms?

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Blog Entries

To start of with: this mod will only be published in German. Anybody having the urge to translate the mod has our blessing.
    You have our blessing my son.

And yes, it requires kingdoms, preferably 1.5

finally

Nice to see you here in twc
    I can't wait for Release

And I think maybe I will understand the mod

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Bummer I'll get it anyway, I studied german for 9 years in school. (now I wish I had paid more attention)
    Gives the mod an authentic feeling aswell

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Super die Mod jetzt auch hier vertreten zu sehen

nur warum ist der link vom tw Forum über dem der Total War Zone?
    Last edited by Friedrich Barbarossa; December 08, 2009 at 04:06 PM.

Awesome!!