Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Der dreissigjährige Krieg v1.0

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: 1648 - Der dreissigjährige Krieg

Long live Gustavus Adolphus... Shame on monarchy debunkers.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sorrow View Post
    Long live Gustavus Adolphus... Shame on monarchy debunkers.
    Good one!

Oh, monarchy sucks by the way.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Long live Gustavus Adolphus...
    His horse is quite doing well. Almost alive...

[QUOTE=Vasa121;6528770]I have seen on some pictures, and on the Swedish faction symbol, that you are using the present coat of arms of the Kingdom of Sweden. But in those days, the Vasa family ruled Sweden, and the coat of arms looked like this:[QUOTE]

No panic, look here:

You have possibly seen a banner, to have more variationen in flags and banners we use variations of the symbols.

---

btw: also in Poland-Lithuania the Vasa ruled, and so we have the nice war between Swedens Vasa and his uncle (i think) too.

This is getting better and better.
    To Hobbes: Do weigh your words, sir. There may come day when we will face each other at dawn. (yes, that is a threat )

Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Barbarossa View Post
    Super die Mod jetzt auch hier vertreten zu sehen

nur warum ist der link vom tw Forum über dem der Total War Zone?
    Entschuldige, hab das übersehen.
    Das TWF ist über dem TWZ weil wir nach der kurzzeitigen feindlichen Übernahme der Zone durch St*zensiert* zum TWF übersiedelten und dort nun unser HQ haben. Im TWZ haben wir weiterhin Previews, Support und Downloadlink (sobald es soweit ist) aber entwickelt wird auf TWF.

---

some guys will not use the links to our HQ on TWF so i show some Appetizer also here:

Here you can see the Battle Interface of 1648:

Iam already occupying your German forum . Those menus are piece of very good work...

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

I can help with scripting, though I don't know German.
    Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

Alexandros I.'s Avatar Ordinarius

The user-interface looks really good! I've been following your mod on the TWZone but I've never had the time to create an account there, so it's very good to see you here!

Will the mod be released in German?

Will there be a English TWC game thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros I. View Post

Will the mod be released in German?
    yes

Will there be a English TWC game thread?
    don´t understand the question. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    yes

don´t understand the question. sorry.

No problem, I guess I was not clear enough. I meant if this masterwork will get its own mod thread on English (that means this) Total War Center forum.

now i understand.
    okay. i see no necessary for a own mod place here on twc. because the development is on the german board. so only for show things, answer questions for presentation and finally a new thread for support with download link and patch links a thread like this one is adequate. it think so.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Once we have a working mod and release it in the German Forum I will apply for a forum here with the powers to be.

any news
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

another question in this mod appears the spanish tercios, in the hausburgs roster or in the catholic league thanks for the rep great mod
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Quote Originally Posted by JOHANNES View Post
    another question in this mod appears the spanish tercios, in the hausburgs roster or in the catholic league thanks for the rep great mod
    i think you ask, if the spanish tercio will take part in the mod?
    so two things:

1) tercio is the word for a military formation, in german it is called Gewalthaufen. Means a lot of guys with pikes stands in crowd like a hedgehog. this will use until gustav adolf breaks the great tercios of tilly. after this battle more and more the tercios get smaller and the muskets will get more part of the battle, from protect flanks to main weapon. this we simulate with a reform in the mod. like the RTW Reforms Marius etc. Other Units etc.

2) We call some Units Tercio, Spawn Units from Spain, for the eighty years war for example, so the faction Habsburg get Tercio Units. Also a AOR Unit is called Tercio Pikes. Where this Unit can recruit, will be the job of the player, like eggs at eastern

Actually the myth that Tercios were just an immense and cumbersome "hedgehog" of pikes with only a handful of firearm support is... a myth. Tercios in fact had a ratio of 1:1 musket to pikes already and such since the early XVII century.

What you could represent, and I hope the powers that be this can be done at all in the M2TW engine, is the transition from deeper, square like formations to more and more linear ones among all participants. This is done primarily by simulating the constantly increasing rate of fire of firearms thanks to technical innovations and better application of reloading drill. Lynn, in his The Wars of Louis XIV, postulates that each rank salvo in the mid-XVII century took 6 seconds, so for a more or less continuous rate of fire, formations would have to be about 10-12 ranks deep as specified most military manuals of the time to handle the approx. 1 minute reloading time.

With innovations, of course, this changes: the musket gets lighter, drilling gets more intensive and simplified, and such. So the formations start to become more and more linear: Swedish musketeers at the Thirty Years War already employed six-rank formations for shot at this time, and reloading times presumably became better to handle it. That's what you can try convey in the game: the more the player invests in technological innovation and training, the faster and faster his units will fire.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

1) tercios: no, that is not correct in all ways. in battle of breitenfeld 1631 the imperials under tilly use big tercios but the swedens use only 1/3 pikes and 2/3 muskets. this is following the teachs of Moritz von Oranien-Nassau, he reorganise the army of the united netherlands in early 17 jhd. but the first who really use the teachs about this reforms was gustav adolf, and the main reason was the bad basics for war in sweden (the "war industries" was much worser than in other europe, most weapons must buyed). he must use another way of war if he wants to win against the veterans of imperial army. also he has his bloody lessons in war against poland-lithuania.
    french army may be good in drill and weapons (don´t know) but the leaders..

2) muskets/reforms: Sorry, the mod is short infront of release. we will think about possibles about formations in patches. the reform we have includes the more strengh of muskets.