Thread: ZZZZ-z-zz-z

Default ZZZZ-z-zz-z

1737 and it 's taking forever to start the next turn. Is this the norm?...........I only play this game because of DM now I'm on the verge of calling it a day. The TW series could be great but I feel they have only gotten worse. Loading times ruin everything. It's now 5 mins and it's still loading and I thought 1736 was slow

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Default Re: ZZZZ-z-zz-z

hm, 5 minutes sound way too much, what are your computer specs? I have a 2.8ghz quadcore processor and 3gb RAM, and my turns usually take less than a minute.

I believe others have stated the same issues when turns reach 100+ turns. Are you playing 4 turns per year?

it happens when the faction in question has too many units outside ojne of its cities, usually the capital. they dont form together for stacks, just hundreds of little 1 unit stacks sitting around unable to do anything; that is what causes the turn lag. if you want to avoid it, either eliminate the faction it is slowing down on, or load a prev save and weaken them from there.
    its a vanilla issue

Quote Originally Posted by Don Of Atheos View Post
    it happens when the faction in question has too many units outside ojne of its cities, usually the capital. they dont form together for stacks, just hundreds of little 1 unit stacks sitting around unable to do anything; that is what causes the turn lag. if you want to avoid it, either eliminate the faction it is slowing down on, or load a prev save and weaken them from there.
    its a vanilla issue
    I thought it was suppose to be fixed with 1.5? I am pretty sure they mentioned something about this. Unless they tried and failed.

Protector's Avatar Senator

confirm.

I got it as well from time to time with Ottomans or other big nations, means AI needs for its turn about 1 min and a single faction like Ottoman Empire needs additional 5-6 min so its 5-7 min in total for AI turn.

And it doesnt matter if I lower the settings.

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

Weirdly enough, I got this shortly after 1780s with Ottomans. The weird thing is, Ottomans were small and every turn the incredibly vast Russian empire (whose turns took only little time) took a piece of their lands. The Russians, on the other hand, took under half a minute (Ottomans took easily 15 minutes). This with dual-core 3ghz OCd and 4gb ram. This happened in vanilla, too, only with Ottomans. So it actually leads me to believe that it is much only Ottoman related problem, though someone else might have had it with other factions.

all of you, send your spies and agents to the affected states of ottoman, and see whats what. the smaller the faction is, the less room it has to put its armies so its likely that its a problem with the region/city pathfinding on the campaign map, depending on whether its the same region/city affected that you all discuss here.

and yes, they said they fixed it in 1.5
    but see, rebalancing to make somethign less likely is not equal to fixing it, all they can do is try to make the AI bring its units together to create a stack, and when you save, quit and reload, the AI loses its "plans" for indiv units, so it spends 1 round doing next to nothing, then all the rounds after that itll create new plans, and when it does it will confuse the pathfinding aspect, units will be stuck unable to move, and this is what causes the AI to lag in turns.

again, sending spies out will confirm this

Thankfully others have the same problem and yes it's the Ottomans that are taking up all the time. I closed my PC down from utter frustration and the game has now been corrupted so it's now impossible for me to resume playing from Auto save. What will NTW be like? I shall wait and see by reading the forums before purchase I'm not going to get caught twice :o(

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

I guess it is the landbridge at Istanbul. I bet the AI has pathfinding problems. Does the faction that has this problem also control Istanbul?

I had this happen on turn 125. Its unfixable, sorry man.