Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

Default Re: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

prussia taking over spain[me]UP taking over north africa france and flanders and bavaria being a power.
    respect the melon!

YATS name:Aulus Claudius Ambustus
    Class: Patrician

Ooh Venice decided that the Ottoman empire wasn't enough and has just conquered Prussia. Seriously. Prussia war dec'd me venice came in on my part, I conquered one of their territories, Venice sailed a fleet up and finished them in like 5 turns.
    "Advice for the day: If you have a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two, and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN."

Kar98k's Avatar Laetus

ventian navy show it can drop troops just about anywhere that touches the ocean

Courland stays allied to me and Poland and Russia for most of the game, eventually I notice that Sweden took them over. I was pretty shocked because I was still trading with them somehow.

Courland took Tunis.

Laetus

Icon10 Re: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

Marata took Portugal by sea-invasion last time I played as Prussia.
    In my current game(as GB),Venize tok Ruperts Land in Northern America by surprise attack from the sea...
    They decided to sail all the way from Italy to America with an army onboard and land there.They landed troops first and THEN declared war..those /&&%¤¤!!
    Dont have any idea why they did this or why they wanted that province at all when I had Northern Africa as well, as it would have been easyer to launch an invasion there,but NO"we want Ruperts Land!"
    The AI is somethimes very very strange.
    I my English isnt correct,I may have something do do with the fact that I am Norwegian,so please excuse me.

I took Paris, with an army of the newly formed American republic, from the also newly formed Austrian republic (1794), who took it from the newly formed and well established French republic (1785) when I started off a major European war by attacking the Cherokee...who were allied to Austria. I then traded Paris and several thousands of dollars for Upper and lower Louisiana back to the French!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Veritas View Post
    Ooh Venice decided that the Ottoman empire wasn't enough and has just conquered Prussia. Seriously. Prussia war dec'd me venice came in on my part, I conquered one of their territories, Venice sailed a fleet up and finished them in like 5 turns.
    Venice is awesome . I think you have convinced me to go back to my Venice save game and continue my Venetian empire building.

As Portugal, I have wiped out Spain and France, now having exactly the same situation in N. America as Venice in my other game (except with Venice replaced with Portugal).

The most unhistorical thing I have seen but not done myself was Afghanistan destroying Persia and The Marathas taking Tunis...

BELIEF·DIGNITY·POWER

Gran Columbia emerging and taking over a region in the Baltic and then followed up by taking over 1/2 of Russia.
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Civis

I had a serries of events occur the other day. Goes like this. I'm G.B. and am at war with the Hurons. Quickly I send a few Hessians and rangers down and capture the Hurron Territory below Ruperts Land. End Turn.
    France Declares war. Iriquios declare war. Spain declares war. US offers trade agreement for $30,000 (about 1/2 my tresury), I counter offer trade for 10,000 and I hand over New York. They reuse and declare war.
    My turn again, I turn the few armies I have to the boarders and hope to hold off invasions until I can get some larger armies from Europe. I defeat a unit of Iriquos archers with a couple units of light dragoons (not much of a battle but a win to start is always good right?) End Turn.
    France offers $6,000 and wants to become my protecterate. Iriquios offer $376 (seems a random number) and wants to become my protecterate. Spain offers $1100 and wants... you guessed it, to become my protecterate. US offeres $450 and, yes, like all the others, whants to become my protecterate.

I can see the meeting where all this was talked out. "Hey, if we all join together we can totaly kick this guys butt." "Oh no! Some of his cavalry just trampled over a small unit of greatly inferrior native archers! He must be a truely powerful, we should all surrender, offer money and sign our natins under his controll before he destroys us all!!!"

Laetus

What?All of those wanted to be protectorates??
    WTF..that is just to stupid.I keep wondering what triggers these things to happen.

Well,i guess your`r right.Those cavalrymen must be truly awesome.

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

The Cherokees smashed the US.
    WARNING:
    The comment above may contain offensive material that may or may not be appropriate for people above the age of 18. The guidance of your children is advised unless you press the green little button with a plus under the avatar.
    Please, please, PLEASE, god... If you give us back Freddie Mercury, we will not only give you Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus... We will give you the whole disney realitystarcrew!!!
    And if you're wondering if it's worth to give up your favourite artist, then we'll throw Jay Z and Lady Gaga in the pool too

In a Mughal Campaign on the mod Imperial Splendour, Spain, on the second or third turn, cam and took Carnica from the Marathas... I was thankful because it made it easier to destroy the Marathas and take Carnica because they disbanded the units afterwards apparently.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Savoy taking Tunis.
    Dagestan taking 3 or 4 regions from Russia.
    Marathas in Baghdad.
    The Dutch conquering every single Italian state, but not taking care of public unrest and so ending in ruling no part of Italy because of the rebellions
    [Col] RO Citizen

Laetus

Me as GB conquering Norway from Sweden,let the Norwegians raise a rebel army and take bak Norway.(All this on purpose of course)Then give Norway all my techs,money and stuff until they where willing to become an ally of mine.After that i took Iceland from the Danish,Danmark itself and the small german state of Hannover,i gave all of these to newly formed Norway.HAH!Finaly a powerfull Noway 700 years after the vikingage....

Quote Originally Posted by Robert86 View Post
    I had a serries of events occur the other day. Goes like this. I'm G.B. and am at war with the Hurons. Quickly I send a few Hessians and rangers down and capture the Hurron Territory below Ruperts Land. End Turn.
    France Declares war. Iriquios declare war. Spain declares war. US offers trade agreement for $30,000 (about 1/2 my tresury), I counter offer trade for 10,000 and I hand over New York. They reuse and declare war.
    My turn again, I turn the few armies I have to the boarders and hope to hold off invasions until I can get some larger armies from Europe. I defeat a unit of Iriquos archers with a couple units of light dragoons (not much of a battle but a win to start is always good right?) End Turn.
    France offers $6,000 and wants to become my protecterate. Iriquios offer $376 (seems a random number) and wants to become my protecterate. Spain offers $1100 and wants... you guessed it, to become my protecterate. US offeres $450 and, yes, like all the others, whants to become my protecterate.

I can see the meeting where all this was talked out. "Hey, if we all join together we can totaly kick this guys butt." "Oh no! Some of his cavalry just trampled over a small unit of greatly inferrior native archers! He must be a truely powerful, we should all surrender, offer money and sign our natins under his controll before he destroys us all!!!"
    Did those countries have only one region when they asked to become your protectorate? I know it's the case for when you ask them to become your protectorate but I'm unsure if this is a bug or a feature...

If you would like me to make you a similar signature to this one, feel free to PM me.

Rotaugen2009's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Amberon View Post
    Did those countries have only one region when they asked to become your protectorate? I know it's the case for when you ask them to become your protectorate but I'm unsure if this is a bug or a feature...
    Haven't you heard? All bugs are "features".
    Don't blame me, I voted for Pedro!

Sorry if this has been stated already.
    1-Ottoman Empire vs Americans in the Revolutionary war
    2-Poland in india
    3-This wasnt me, but the Province of Courland had taken over St.Petersburg, Moscow, and Kiev. I responded by conquering them as Prussia.

France beating the crap out of the United States

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

The French landed an army on the British Isles and destroyed GB.
    WARNING:
    The comment above may contain offensive material that may or may not be appropriate for people above the age of 18. The guidance of your children is advised unless you press the green little button with a plus under the avatar.
    Please, please, PLEASE, god... If you give us back Freddie Mercury, we will not only give you Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus... We will give you the whole disney realitystarcrew!!!
    And if you're wondering if it's worth to give up your favourite artist, then we'll throw Jay Z and Lady Gaga in the pool too

The War in the middle east happening like 150 early lol

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.