Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

DeValiere's Avatar Biarchus
    Not sure, but there's gravity so that's a good start...

Default Re: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

Yeah, territory swapping tends to happen sometimes and can be real fun. Still freaky though.
    Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out...and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel. ..And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man"-- with his mouth.
    Mark Twain - What Is Man?

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Well mine's gotta be playing as the Greeks and taking out the entire Ottoman Empire by 1719, and then Hungary setting up a colony in Baghdad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Darth VeX's Avatar Libertus

My last Long Campaign, I started as the US and purposefully included India in my conquests.

When one of my roommates saw me playing and asked why, I answered, "We were disappointed with our indians."

DukeofBrunswick's Avatar Miles

Watched a full Maratha stack sail up to Iceland and get defeated. It was quite funny to watch the remaining two or three units limping back to India. (Iceland was Denmarks' capital because I had taken Copenhagen.)

the most unhistorical thing i have done is have control of an army in the1700s and been able to kill people in it and rebelling and having a revoluion in the maratha conf

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaskill View Post
    the most unhistorical thing i have done is have control of an army in the1700s and been able to kill people in it and rebelling and having a revoluion in the maratha conf
    Didn't understand a word mate

Playing as GB, a full Maratha stack sail and capture my territory in the far north region of Canada. Completely blew my mind to see elephants fighting it out with locals for a little place called Moose Factory...
    And, playing as the UP, also seeing a full Maratha Stack land in Holland, attack my capital, and watch their elephants turn tail and run as I sent out swiss and scot infantry to clean house. I guess elephants don't like chocolate or men in kilts

Napoleon's Scribe's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by spartan dude View Post
    1. a succesful alliance between italy and Geramny (well prussia)
    2. Britain became a colony of india
    3. the Imperial States of America form an alliance with the Republic of Russia
    4. A decent French Government
    5. Britain and America successfully invade Afganastan
    6.the old technology of bows and clubs out do rifles, native americans repel all invaders from America

I'm really getting some great ideas for some alternative history novels here.

Icon2 Re: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

Portugal always seems to get wiped out in every European campaign. Never by my actions, but the notice always pop up.

During the American Revolution Campaign I expanded greatly into Canada during the French and Indian war. Occupying a key fort became a bloody affair as the French launched two massive attacks days apart. Militia hero George Washington performed heroically in both actions, but sadly died outside the fort. I remember thinking at the time that his would have changed history. George Washington probably wouldn't have been known outside of his native Virginia. Remembered as a brave soul with so much potential who died during a war that helped lead to America's revolution.

Of course George was back for the next campaign where he helped me achieve victory in the North and the South. Before passing away of old age on the campaign trail he was massing troops to fight Indians.

During the same campaign Spain for no reason lands troops in New York State and attacks. They were easily rebuffed since I had plenty of troops in the region recovering from fighting with the British. I drove them off, but because they had big ships I couldn't attack them. With their invasion failed they eventually left not to be a problem again.

Corporal Carrow's Avatar Civis

As the US, I had all of North America, most of India, North Africa up to Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, and everything in Europe from Italy/Denmark westward except Ireland, whom I had bought from Great Britain, allowed to revolt, and then promptly allied with (Eirinn go Brach). England declared war on them and I sent in the "Irish Brigade" (I play TAR, so just a stack of a bunch of Irish regiments) and utterly crushed the damnable english once and for all, and then gave England and Scotland to Ireland (take that, ye black and tans!) for free, just because. The other world superpower was, for some reason, Poland. They had almost all the rest of Europe and more full stack armies than you could shake a włócznia at. There were a few minors left but most factions had been destroyed by either myself or the wops. Sadly, that hard drive crashed and had to be replaced
    Last edited by Corporal Carrow; May 02, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Morroco defeating Spain and the Barbary states (CPU)
    (note that i had downloaded the Boost Morroco mod or addon that gived Morroco plenty of good line infantry)

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

Canada went to war- thats right from the get-go.
    The French rage stomped the Brits in the first 20 turns of my game (random as hell too)
    The Mughals and Marthas Allied
    The Persians had 2 American Colonies
    The Papal States bought New Mexico
    Mexico had the worlds best economy....

while playing the uk once, the americans invaded afghanistan 240 years to early, then swapped it against kurland with prussia and marched into sweden. wtf!?!?!?!

Hey Penquin it happend to me the Papal states also bought New Mexico
    Playing as Denmark i suddenly find Genoa buying a colony in the Americas from the Brits

Quote Originally Posted by penquin11 View Post
    Canada went to war- thats right from the get-go.
    The French rage stomped the Brits in the first 20 turns of my game (random as hell too)
    The Mughals and Marthas Allied
    The Persians had 2 American Colonies
    The Papal States bought New Mexico
    Mexico had the worlds best economy....

This sounds like the back to an alternative history novel....

All things I would have liked to have seen. I play I don't see historical things, but I don't see crazy stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    In my last game as Prussia I watched in awe as Savoy declared war on France and proceeded to chew through all their defenses to conquer Paris.

(Of course I came to Frances aid by war dec'ing Savoy and taking all their Territory....Paris included ;D )

I have seen the German states do some odd stuff in my games as Prussia.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Denmark usually gets wiped out in my games, but this time they went Mongol and took the Baltic. It looks like they're poised to take Moscow. The British took Florida from Spain only to have the Cherokee snatch it from them then take the southern 13 Colonies.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

I was playing as the Prussians and both Britain and France declared war on me and would not allow for a peace for any reason. I invaded the British Isles, conquered Scotland and Ireland, then let them rebel springing those two emergent factions. I had never seen either of these and thought it would be cool to see them on the map. I then took London, in order to build a navy to cross the channel. From there I invaded mainland France and conquered Paris, ending that faction. As Prussia I usually take Paris eventually, but this was the most interesting way it ever happened.

=Prince Nuada='s Avatar Semisalis

In my current IS2 campaign Hannover became a protectorate of the Inuit Nations!

РОССИЯ | PREUßEN | ÖSTERREICH

Quote Originally Posted by =Prince Nuada= View Post
    In my current IS2 campaign Hannover became a protectorate of the Inuit Nations!
    I was also playing the Late campaign and Hannover became a protectorate of the Punjab ! however they do actually request to be a protacterate in fact i was playing as Denmark i maybe have offerd them to be ally or i requasted a trade agreemet i got suprised when they counter offerd to become my protactorate