Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Default Re: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

lol. ya spartancrotty and i ARE good friends and that entire conversation cracks me up hahaha

Hey there, nice update ^_^

i found some bug/glicth in the game, or maybe it's just me.

if you deploy youre Hoplite in front of a enemy hoplite like this:

Hostile Hoplite Youre Hoplite
    ######------> <------######

There spears wont reach to each other, and yet you see the Battle icon on the Unit card. And you can see no one dieing or doing combat. But they do get tired.

Also... If you deplay you're hoplites some of the infantry is not standing stil...they are moving like.
    I hope you get a picture of what i mean

or just try it in game and see for you're self

Great mod i'm loving it! getting 35k Income xD whuhahaha Greece is mine !!

Maximus

Lol, great to hea you're enjoying the mod

And about the hoplites and stuff, it's possible that it's just an RTW glitch

I have never heard of such a thing and it certainly doesn’t happen in my version. Perhaps add the animations folder from the Sparta data folder to the main rome data folder ~ I made all units 10% bigger so the game may be getting mixed messages about sizes n stuff. Modfoldered mods work differently for different people for some reason, that’s just the way it is.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

spartancrotty's Avatar Civis
    On your front porch eating doritos. seriously, go look

I know that glitch. It happend to me on Empire... how old is your computer and what intel chip are you using?

Sparta Total War----Mythology Total War

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Whats with the screenies thread? It's closed?

Whats with the screenies thread? It's closed?
    Many of the units have changed for 3.5, but maybe I should open it so people can still see the ones that aren’t. some of the links may be broken though, but I’ll put up a not on the op.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Well, I must say, you gentlemen have done a fine job with this modification. I'm rather enjoying it (of course I had to remove phalanx attributes from every hoplite, and I'm in the process of instituting a rudimentary AoR system); the Macedonian faction is a whirl! I guarantee that I will post a screenshot of an Alexandrian Empire at some point in the future.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Hi Quetzalcoatl... I have some questions. Will this mod work on the Steam version of rome total war gold? Any suggestions on how to get the shortcut to work with Steam correctly? I downloaded the zip file version but would it be better to dl the exe?
    Last edited by gijas; December 22, 2009 at 12:39 AM.

Antiochos VII Sidetes

Well, I must say, you gentlemen have done a fine job with this modification. I'm rather enjoying it (of course I had to remove phalanx attributes from every hoplite, and I'm in the process of instituting a rudimentary AoR system); the Macedonian faction is a whirl! I guarantee that I will post a screenshot of an Alexandrian Empire at some point in the future.
    Thank you! feel free to release an update for it with the aor system, I am not a coding expert as you can tell. Also feel free to come join the team if so inclined! We are thinking of adding Persian pikemen so we could perhaps add them to the update too [as a response to alexandrian units, they will be the same level of build].

gijas

Will this mod work on the Steam version of rome total war gold? Any suggestions on how to get the shortcut to work with Steam correctly? I downloaded the zip file version but would it be better to dl the exe?
    It should do but I havent tried. I would suggest that you make a copy of your current steam shortcut for rtw, then click on properties and press ctrl + c to copy the target line. Then post it into your text editor [word or works for example] the make also a copy of the target line in the shortcut provided in the main Sparta file, and past that into your editor too.

Now take a look at the two target lines and compare, add the different part at the end of the stw target line to the relevant part of the existing one.

For example if I do the same thing with my non steam install, I get this [below] the red part is what you need to copy into your steam target line…

"C:\Users\name\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe"

"C:\Users\name\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

So you see the part you need to add! Not sure if there is anything more to it, but check out tutorials for other mods if you get no joy.

Thank you! feel free to release an update for it with the aor system, I am not a coding expert as you can tell. Also feel free to come join the team if so inclined! We are thinking of adding Persian pikemen so we could perhaps add them to the update too [as a response to alexandrian units, they will be the same level of build].
    Alright. If I get around to working the bugs out in it I'll be happy to upload it.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Antiochos VII Sidetes So you see the part you need to add! Not sure if there is anything more to it, but check out tutorials for other mods if you get no joy.

Thanks Quetzalcoatl - it worked! Nice Sparta campaign. The world map seems much, much larger? Slows down a little when I scroll and zoomed out but I have the campaign settings at high. Again, thanks for your help!
    Last edited by gijas; December 22, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I think we maxed out the region limit and map size, right?

Ok thanks chaps.

Yeas I think the map is maxed out, for all but fastest machines it is probably better to lower the settings.

Hi Im having trouble it says that "The FolderC:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War specified in the start box is not valid. make ure that the folder exists and the path is correct. what should I do?

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

if you used the exe version you have to install the mod in Rome folder (wherever it is on your pc).
    if you used the zipped/rar version you have to unzip/unrar it and then move it to your Rome folder.
    you will probably need to fix your shortcut according to the path you have installed Rome
    it is much easier than it sounds. welcome to this great site.
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

If you look at my post a couple above, you will see the answer

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Wow!!!! this looks like a great mod!!! and i am looking forward to test it out using hip63 installer version. He too has also provided an installer for my mod (see sig below)...for me this is a change from Muskets and cannons!!!

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

hi ToonTotalWar. i am sure you will like our mod enjoy it and tell us what you think!
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Or face the wrath of Leonidas himself!:sparta: