Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

Default Re: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Looks good, will have to check this one out.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

thunec's Avatar Laetus

hhhmmm, yeah didn't install or play through steam or anything. just put it into my rome file as per instructions. should i see if that file is in the rome file or sparta file and delete it? or could it be a conflict with any other mod on there? i think in that one i've got the old lordz napoleonic 2 mod and roma surrectum...maybe even rtr gold...not sure if that matters. would love to play the mod but understand you can't be burning your time helping each person get it working. the time should def be spent more on making these great mods. alright enough babbling...

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Roma Surrectum might be the problem. It isn't modfoldered and overwrites the original game files.

Yea rs will cause ctd as it overwrites the vanilla files, Sparta relies on using most of them as you can see I have only modified a tiny amount of the files.

This is not the right thread for bugs and issues by the way, there is a bugs thread. Here you just say yay this is great n stuff like that.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

THis has me really, really excited. Downloading now!

FOE hasn't worked for me so hopefully this instead does.

I was listening to people complain about RS2 not begin released, but then FOE and STW3.5 show up! Good day to be a RTW player.

Thanks c-rob, it should work fine just don’t hit the senate button as it will crash ~ because we removed it but not the button.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

yea, RS has the same problem. I've learned

I just started a spartan campaign, getting ready to attack corinth after taking a few rebels and building a few stacks. I can't wait til' I burn Persia and Rome to the ground!

Other than the opening settings to the battlefield camera it's been pretty good so far. I hate the vanilla camera so much. So limited and clunky.
    Last edited by C-Rob; December 01, 2009 at 10:27 PM.

Other than the opening settings to the battlefield camera it's been pretty good so far. I hate the vanilla camera so much. So limited and clunky.
    Is there a way to change that?

Good luck with your campagn! Personally I wait to attack rome when it has the more powerful post marian units, I tried to make it that by the time you have dealt with Persia or got a foothold in its territories and have it under control, then by that time the marian reforms occur. Just my personal preference really, I like to play god rather than manage loads of territories.

I hope it provides a good challenge for you ~ all suggestions welcome.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

i had forgotten to say congratulations guys! i was also surprised to check it lost the mythology name and changed just to Sparta and moved higher on the page!
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Hi agi, yes you should pay more attention to stw than those babes of yours yea I changed it as it was confusing, I will still be taking a good look at myth_tw, and will make a more focussed release with less factions and a smaller map. Depends on how much time I can spare, the other option is to release an unfinished version see if people like it then go from there.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

my babes are my precious i just added on my signature the link of this release, some people might see it there
    i hope we will release Mythology, i really liked those exotic units you had made!!!
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Haha of course babes first history and modding after ~ I would like to make the greeks more historical by adding some mini factions [I’ll look into it] and more settlements. Nice one on the sig.

Myth has potential especially now I know more about skinning and scaling, If we have less factions then I wont mind making all the unit cards and new skins. As the rtr modelers have sorted out some issues, the mod is plausible at least.

never mind about the camera, I just had to go in game and increase the camera speed and rotation speed and put a check on the real time camera and everything turned out fine and I can stand it now. I'll keep you posted on my progress and thoughts on the campaign.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Glad you like it C-Rob. This mod has come a long way from its first release.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess not, so anyway, the new Sparta installer v3.5 is ready for download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XTZPNZ47

hip63

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess not
    Yes, you did, but in the old release topic.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

oops

hip63

Great job hip !

ha no worries i just sportted it in the old thread, i'll add it to the op. nice one mate.

hip did you add the other file to the install? no worries if you havent, it would have made things easier tis all.
    Last edited by Amorphos; December 03, 2009 at 11:50 AM.

Well... looks tryable! I will see if its any good thanks!