Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Lore Enhanced Mod ~

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Expanded Family Trees Mod - Compatible with patch 1.4 - Updated 3/1/2010

Quote Originally Posted by TiFlo View Post
    It looks like a great deal of careful work went into that submod. Thank you Ellin Athinaios!
    You're welcome, I hope you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post
    Nice touch to the mod!

Question, does this split the family tree for gondor, to stewards and kings? if so are you going to make it possible to have aragorn as king?
    Yes it does, though the line of the stewards is joined with the line of the kings at some point, and the last king was Eärnur (almost 1000 years before the War of the Ring).

No, it's not possible (besides, Aragorn's family tree follows the line of Arnor, not Gondor. You can see it if you play with Eriador).

Default Re: Expanded Family Trees Mod - Compatible with patch 1.4 - Updated 3/1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    ~ will make a RC/RR version once Point Black releases a new patch
    Oups! I should have wait for RC/RR update first. Do you know if I can install RC/RR then install your compatible version without any problems.

1: Expanded Family Trees Mod
    2: RC/RR
    3: Expanded Family Trees Mod (RC/RR compatible)

I know that RC/RR is a big mod so I'm not sure if it will cause corruption in my files
    By the way, thank you for your work and for all the time you take for it, you did a lot of researches.

Default Re: Expanded Family Trees Mod - Compatible with patch 1.4 - Updated 3/1/2010

Sure, that would work. I don't see why not.

And no problem, I hope you enjoy it.

Great job! Never have seen anything like it before!

Quote Originally Posted by drogoth232 View Post
    Great job! Never have seen anything like it before!
    Thanks!

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Helloooo!! *Waves*

Yess... I have a slight problem. It doesn't work. Found this about an hour ago, instantly downloaded and edited some of the content...

Heres what I did:
    Added more units in desr_strat to different settlements and characters
    Changed the title of the Elves in campaign_description to 'Wood Elves' and 'Noldor Elves'

Now I did that because that's how I changed vanilla TATW.4 and it worked perfectly.

Oh, and I have the One Ring Mod.. Would that have anything to do with it? =/

From what I've seen, SPLENDID MOD! Exactly what I was looking for (more or less )

+Rep!

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Hello KozCDVI! Well, it works perfectly for me... I guess it's just not compatible with the One Ring Mod, since that one also overwrites the names and descr_names files.

And thank you!

Hello KozCDVI! Well, it works perfectly for me... I guess it's just not compatible with the One Ring Mod, since that one also overwrites the names and descr_names files.

And thank you!

I've just uninstalled the whole thing and started again from scratch, gone to 1.4 and NOT installed the One Ring script, and I'm getting the same problem.

It's getting frustrating

*Turns and looks out of window at the sky*

IS THIS KARMA FOR NOT MEETING MY FRIENDS TODAY, OR WHAT?! *Shakes fist*

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Hmm, I've no idea what the problem is. Could you post your log?

Here's the modified file...

As I said, its just units I've added.

I am pretty confused myself.

- Ramsay Snow

Could you also check your log and post it? Might help.

Could you also check your log and post it? Might help.

How is said task achieved?

- Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    How is said task achieved?
    There should be a folder named "logs" in your main Medieval 2 Total War folder. Check in there.

Ooh! Got it! Thanks for the heads up

When I try to get into the campaign, it redirects me to the single player options.

- Ramsay Snow

Ok I found the error, it's a typo; go to your modified descr_strat and look for Boromir's units. Change the "Gondor spearmen" to "Gondor Spearmen".

If it happens again just check your log, it will tell you what is wrong so you can fix it.

Ok I found the error, it's a typo; go to your modified descr_strat and look for Boromir's units. Change the "Gondor spearmen" to "Gondor Spearmen".

If it happens again just check your log, it will tell you what is wrong so you can fix it.

SCORE!
    I can't believe it was something so so simple... Stupid typo *shakes fist*

As soon as I can. you shall be re-rep'd, sir!

I do have a problem, however. The Dúnedain Rangers are those from the first TATW and they're ugly next to the new ones. Not sure how that even happened...
    Last edited by KozCDVI; January 10, 2010 at 12:54 PM.

- Ramsay Snow

wow...just an awesome sub-mod. so much immersion!!

question (forgive me if it's covered elsewhere) - does this conflict with RR/RC?

Quote Originally Posted by daddytorgo View Post
    question (forgive me if it's covered elsewhere) - does this conflict with RR/RC?
    Yes, right now it's only compatible with 1.4. But I'll make a RR/RC version when Point Black releases a new one.

Yes, right now it's only compatible with 1.4. But I'll make a RR/RC version when Point Black releases a new one.
    That'd be freaking awesome!

I luvs me some Middle Earth history!