Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Medieval II Steam FAQ

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Steam FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    If you're happy with it, not a peep from me. Good luck with it.
    I'm sure I'll be back here asking questions .
    "I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

No problem. We're here to help each other.

same message comes up in encounter an error and will now exit

same issue here is my dxdiag maybe you can help me. Also this is a steam game I have already re-install just finished updating my video card also re-installed steam before re installing I have run cleaner, I have run the game on my friends laptop and runs perfect so problem is not with steam...I also have Napoleon total war installed and runs perfect. have tried the solution of renaming the launcher and the exe no luck there. so maybe you can help me with new ideas. actually I've been lucking for A solution for a year now.
    I bought the 2 games on steam...Originally I installed Medieval 2 then tried to open the game no luck it crashed then I installed Kingdoms but same problem it crashed again...then tried to install medieval 2 didn't open it and install after Kingdoms and nothing I even did a Ccleaner and a steam re-install between the to attempts and no luck. this was one year ago and since I have re-install my windows 7 2 times and no luck...I have verify integrity of the game cache and nothing...did you saw something significant in the dxdiag? or any idea...at this moment I'm only trying it with Medieval 2 and is giving same msg not eve trying to install the expansion if the original is not working... so yes I have both medieval 2 and kingdoms but I only have medieval 2 install at this moment...did it from steam...did the same installation on my friends laptop and it runs I also tried uninstalling and re-installing from steam and also works. so problem is on my system.
    and to clarify my friend and I each bought the game I bought the game from steam the same day...on his laptop installing with from steam using his account or my account works perfect...on my PC non of them work have tried to install game using his steam profile and no luck and also from my user and nothing simply it crashes after pressing play on the launcher. and like I told you I have tried the renaming of the exe and launcher and no luck, tried same method on my friends laptop and it works after being rename.

here is my dxdiag hope you can help me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you installed the motherboard drivers for Win 7 32bit?

1 year ago O installed the motherboard drivers from here...http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...%20R2.0&o=BIOS are those it...or did I make a mistake?

I wouldn't know the motherboard is not showing in the dxdiag.

I think my motherboard is the asrock G31M-S R2.0 any tool to double check that? or is the link correct? http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...%20R2.0&o=BIOS

don't remember exactly witch tool I used a year ago to check the name of my manufacturer but I downloaded the drives and everything check ok and haven't found any problems.

I remember now witch tool I used it was CPUID CPU-Z is still install and is doble checking the model so that's a yes...the motherboard is check with the latest drives.

This rules out drivers.

not yet...you where on to something so I triple checked and I made a big booboo one year ago...misread the CPU-Z info and instead of downloading and installing the drives for the G31M-S windows 7, I downloaded the ones for G31M-S R2.0 don't know why didnt I checked that I was not installing the correct ones...i'm downloading correct ones now and will validate them on the asrock page...will try the drives and to validate them and the game. hope this is it

ok I have updated motherboard drivers and tried the game but same message Total war encoutered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Go through all the stuff including the list of antivirus, firewalls, security suites, etc., that conflict with Steam?

What does your buddy have for a graphics chip?

There are no security conflicts from antivirus I have simple Avast, its allowed on firewall and I have open the ports on my router and its the exact same security on my friends laptop...I know this because I installed his security and upgraded him to windows 7 ultimate, same as my computer, same games etc...his laptop is almost an exact copy of my PC. the graphics card of the laptop is ATI Mobility Radeon HD-4200 and on my PC is NVIDEA GeForce GT 220

If it's down to this, I'd say you found the problem.

If it's not, I'm out of ideas.

ok thanks anyway was worth a shot looking for a solution. I have a theory it may be because of my actual monitor... maybe is not supported..haven't got the chance to try it out with another monitor...but I will make the experiment tomorrow and will update you.

"SOLUTION TO YOUR POSSIBLE CRASH AFTER LAUNCH"
    Hello I'm back with an answer to one possible reason a lot of people are reporting the crash message after launching the game...I've tried all...the drivers, updates, renaming files, launching in compatibility mode etc...and nothing...same crash.
    I have a BENQ T52WA 1280x720 resolution and its a 13 inch by 7.5 inch wide screen monitor
    So I got an idea...I had done everything apart from selling the PC and buying a new one to try to run the game...but I had this thought "Why if the monitor had something to do with it?"
    So I have and old monitor an HP mx705 13 inch by 10 inch with a different resolution don't remember what it is but its not the same as the BENQ...and connected it to my CPU and "EUREKA!!!!!" after almost 2 years of having bought the game it finally work...So maybe most people having this issue of the crash with message "encounter an unexpected error and will now exit" after the launch it may be because of the monitor they are using.
    So ANSWER to this problem: after the updates and all solutions and nothing works...give it a shot and try changing the monitor...if it works thank me later and happy gaming.
    and for our forum guys I have a question...is there a way to run a monitor to change the native resolution or dimensions?

or maybe changing aspect ratio?

Aspect ratio it is.

Good to know. Thank you for the info.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast