Thread: Ports?

Default Ports?

i know no1 reads this part of the fourm anymore but i might aswell try. im currently playing as the HRE and through out all my campains my port income 99.9 percent of the time is 0, is this a glitch or what.

Default Re: Ports?

To receive income from ports, you need the following:

1.) The province must have one or more trade goods.

2.) You must have a "chain" of one or more ships in each sea region between your port and the ports you're "exporting" to.

3.) In those sea regions, there must be no ships belonging to a faction you're at war with.

Hope that helps!
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Default Re: Ports?

In addition to what is explained above about exports from ports:

Port income deals with imports from a faction you are not at war with.

If the other faction has:

1. a port
    2. a trade building, and
    3. a ship or ships connecting from the exporting port to your importing port.

The amounts are quite small, perhaps only 6 florins per import item.

So, for example: HRE faction is you and you have a port in Saxony, and the English have a port & trade building in Northumbria and a ship in the North Sea, then you will have some income from the imported fish and wool. If the English become at war with the Danes (for example) then a Danish longboat in the North Sea will cut off the English exports and your import (port) income will be cut off.

I guess that the reason we don't see port income so much is because the AI doesn't do ships very well.
    Last edited by Sir Lurkalot; November 19, 2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: there's wool in yorkshire