Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: New ChivalryTW Screenshots

Decanus

verry nice screenshots. All I can say is keep up the good work.
    There goes the human intellect: give them an inch, and they run a mile in the wrong direction.

Off all the gauls, the belgians are the bravest ... ==> Julius Caesar

Semisalis

Wow, I just wanted to chime in and say how hugely impressed I am by this mod. The skinning is top notch, I love all the contrasting colors on the battlefield. PLus - you guys made your own custom battlefield landscapes for the screenshots, right? Maybe it's just that I haven't played RTW for 8 months so I don't remember it well, but those landscapes look way better than anything CA put out. If those landscapes speak anything for what the campaign will be like, I will be speechless, because they are beautiful. Keep up the excellent work on this mod. Truly can't wait for a release.

Plus, the Kataphraktoi are sexy. As always. Go Byzantines.

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Yes, the screenshots of the battle I took was my custom battlefield I made, and i'll be making some others which will be included.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by militiaman
    Yes, the screenshots of the battle I took was my custom battlefield I made, and i'll be making some others which will be included.
    Well, excellent job with the battlefields then. They're beau-tee-ful.

no crusades can be complete without some christian fanatics for the muslims to slaughter

A new game development studio focusing on historical strategy games
    http://www.the-artistocrats.com

Modding Beggar

Im always too lazy to post anywere else than scc but here some screens of pikeman wip

the pikeman looks extraordinary!!! seriously, one of the best units I've ever seen created for RTW. Both texture and model come together to give ti a great realistic look.

what about that "hold charge" formation? is it selected as a unit special ability, or is it just their idle anim?

Modding Beggar

I thimk itll be scripter`s job to make formations etc.For now its only "standing ready" anim.

Oh, I see. I trust you guys did get rid of the horses on crack that were unafraid of pikes because they could jump three meters into the air...

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

wow, i thought mods were limited in terms of implementing new animations - but apparently not..

looks fantastic, especialy the most recent batch of screens. In previous ones (the knights templar i think) they looked a bit too clean considering they were fighting a war.

Also Byzantium should be purple! anything else is plainly heresy
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Those pikemen look awesome.
    Is it the new BI feature that they can run with spears that you are using ??

I adore that pikeman animation!

Little question burrells up here: (pikemen remind me of MTW), will you implement a sort of Area of Recruitment system too?
    Not on the scale of RTR's, more like the one in MTW which allowed you to recruit Swiss Pikemen in Switzerland and that gave
    Crusaders access to those Muslim horse archer mercs (to actually recruit in cities) in certain area's (like in Palestine etc... ).
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

The pikemen are ****ing sweet. And they look so damn good too...
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

yes there will be regional units just like in MTW.

As for the pikemen, I'm not sure how they will work. I don't have BI yet so I can't test shieldwall, or whether phalanx has changed (don't really like the RTW phalanx). I might just make them use normal formation, but with serious anti-cavalry bonus (which is more flexible in BI).
    A new game development studio focusing on historical strategy games
    http://www.the-artistocrats.com

Civitate

well in BI spearmen that can use shiltron move about in a RTW phalanx when not in shiltron.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

But then I think we'd have to use the schiltron as a formation, which I think is also overpowered. We could use it for a later scottish unit, if we make one, though.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Oh man, those pikemen are absolutely perfect...

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

wow i wish i never wish lost my cd key :0.

Is this mod for BI or Vanilla?

BI, though we'll probably have a 1.3 MP version.

Miles

Those Pikes are really awesome. I hope the mod will be out soon, because BI didn't fullfill my expectations at all.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.