Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Britain Mod..UPDATED 19/12/10

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Great Britain Mod..UPDATE Version 1.3, Horse, Dragoons and Militia

Quote Originally Posted by redcoat22 View Post
    Pom,

I played your mod tonight, and I must say this is EXACLTY what I have been looking for. It makes historical sense and spirit while not being over cumbersome. The armies look first class and I love your solutions to making things 'feel' right. I could not list one complaint, and in comparison to the other mods out there this one suits me the best by far.

I hope you will continue to replace all the other British units in the game, and deal with the new DLC units they added by either removing them or making them something that better matches how you have this arrayed.

I posted my pictures above to provide a detailed view of equipment etc. and by no means think that unit should be made because you already have a green faced unit. If you choose to make another line unit (I think three is about the max to accomplish your goal of being simple yet varied) It might be nice to get a yellow or white faced unit.

Is there any way to avoid having vanilla units when the game starts?

Regardless, I could not be happier. Bring on the colonial troops!
    Wow, thanks for this, it's not the most popular mod out, but as with all my mods I do what I want to see in the game, I was planning to add both white and yellow line regiments, there is no way to avoid the vanilla units at the begining of a campaign, I just delete them all as I recruit.
    The colonials will be after Christmas now.

Assuming you will make more versions if not a SYW mega mod down the road (French, Spanish), will these load and work together? I mean, can I run this and the German States mod at the same time?
    "A Foot Soldier is commonly a Man, who for the sake of wearing a Sword, and the Honour of being term'd a Gentleman, is coax'd from a Handicraft Trade, whereby he might Live comfortably, to bear Arms for his King and Country, whereby he has the hopes of nothing but to Live Starvingly...The best end he can expect to make, is to Die in the Bed of Honour; and the greatest Living Marks of his Bravery, to recommend him at once to the World's Praise and Pity, are Crippled Limbs, with which I shall leave him to beg a better Lively Hood."

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    These units are soo great indeed, but i think the only bug is that grenadiers don't have flag bearers
    I am not 100% sure, but I dont think they should have flag bearers. Grenadier 'units' were for the lack of a better term, ad-hoc. While they often fought together, they actually belonged to the line regiments.
    "A Foot Soldier is commonly a Man, who for the sake of wearing a Sword, and the Honour of being term'd a Gentleman, is coax'd from a Handicraft Trade, whereby he might Live comfortably, to bear Arms for his King and Country, whereby he has the hopes of nothing but to Live Starvingly...The best end he can expect to make, is to Die in the Bed of Honour; and the greatest Living Marks of his Bravery, to recommend him at once to the World's Praise and Pity, are Crippled Limbs, with which I shall leave him to beg a better Lively Hood."

Assuming you will make more versions if not a SYW mega mod down the road (French, Spanish), will these load and work together? I mean, can I run this and the German States mod at the same time?
    Yep they all work together, as for a SYW mod , I hope that will happen when we are given the tools by CA.

If we could only find someone that knew how to finally get rid of these blanket roll packs. I would love to see some goatskin!

If we could only find someone that knew how to finally get rid of these blanket roll packs. I would love to see some goatskin!
    There are lots of things we would all like to see done, just have to wait and see what CA give us in the way of tools

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pom View Post
    There are lots of things we would all like to see done, just have to wait and see what CA give us in the way of tools
    I really like your positive attitude Pom, but i dont think CA are gonna release any tools soon as there works are now focused on NTW, i would have thought that after nearly 9 months since ETW release we would have had something of them by now in respect to modding tools!
    Unless you have some inside news within CA i think you are gonna have a long wait mate, in meantime checkout Python Convertor as most modders are looking at that tool for a quick fix!! (can be found here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=284792)
    good luck mate

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    I really like your positive attitude Pom, but i dont think CA are gonna release any tools soon as there works are now focused on NTW, i would have thought that after nearly 9 months since ETW release we would have had something of them by now in respect to modding tools!
    Unless you have some inside news within CA i think you are gonna have a long wait mate, in meantime checkout Python Convertor as most modders are looking at that tool for a quick fix!! (can be found here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=284792)
    good luck mate
    I always live in hope Toon, I will admit I'm not expecting anything much until NTW has been out for a while, but it would be nice if they could us a campaign map editor so that at least the games waiting for it like yours and KLA's can get the maps they need. My personal choice would be a detailed map for the SYW, based around Germany, as I say always in hope.
    As for the Python Convertor, thats my course work for the new year, give me something to swear about and annoy the wife with.
    Anyway ever onwards, cheers Toon.

Pom,

I used the tight formation mod (thought it would look great with these SYW units) but it didnt seem to work. Did I do something wrong or is that as designed?

Since we are waiting until Christmas to continue. I would like to propse the "Colonial Line Infantry" become the 60th Royal (American) Regiment. This is a unique unit because it was created specifically to serve abroad as a sort of "foreign legion" of the British Army. Parliment would not allow standing army unit owned by the colonies, and this unit matches up perfectly in my opinion.

The best part, is even though it was one regiment, it actually had four battalions.. essentially four units as compared to a regular foot regiment (almost all only had one battalion). Thus they could uniquely be "1st Battalion", "2nd Battalion" etc. (four total)

"was raised in the American colonies in 1756 as the 62nd (Royal American) Regiment to defend the thirteen colonies against attack by the French and their native American allies. In 1755, royal approval for a new regiment, it was 4 March 1756 before a special Act of Parliament created four battalions of 1,000 men each to include foreigners for service in the Americas.

“To enable His Majesty [George II] to grant commissions to a certain number of foreign Protestants, who have served abroad as officers or engineers, to act and rank as officers or engineers in America only, under certain restrictions and regulations.”

The regiment was intended to combine the characteristics of a Colonial Corps with those of a Foreign Legion. Swiss and German forest fighting experts, American colonists and British volunteers from other British regiments were recruited. These men were Protestants, an important consideration for fighting against the predominantly Catholic French. The officers were also recruited from Europe— not from the American colonies— The regiment was renumbered the 60th (Royal American) Regiment in February 1757 when the 50th (Shirley's) and 51st (Pepperel's) foot regiments were removed from the British Army roll after their surrender at Fort Oswego.[3]"

Here are two pictures of the 60th (Royal Americans)

http://www.reenacting.net/60thRAR/ Link to a 60th foot site.

One more note, The uniform of the day was worn in two configurations. Often in battle, the lapels were closed and the belting was worn on the outside as pictured above. You can see how different the uniform looks in this fashion. I am not suggesting you change it, just putting it out there.
    Last edited by redcoat22; December 09, 2009 at 09:57 AM.

Since we are waiting until Christmas to continue. I would like to propse the "Colonial Line Infantry" become the 60th Royal (American) Regiment. This is a unique unit because it was created specifically to serve abroad as a sort of "foreign legion" of the British Army. Parliment would not allow standing army unit owned by the colonies, and this unit matches up perfectly in my opinion.

The best part, is even though it was one regiment, it actually had four battalions.. essentially four units as compared to a regular foot regiment.

"was raised in the American colonies in 1756 as the 62nd (Royal American) Regiment to defend the thirteen colonies against attack by the French and their native American allies. In 1755, royal approval for a new regiment, it was 4 March 1756 before a special Act of Parliament created four battalions of 1,000 men each to include foreigners for service in the Americas.

“To enable His Majesty [George II] to grant commissions to a certain number of foreign Protestants, who have served abroad as officers or engineers, to act and rank as officers or engineers in America only, under certain restrictions and regulations.”

The regiment was intended to combine the characteristics of a Colonial Corps with those of a Foreign Legion. Swiss and German forest fighting experts, American colonists and British volunteers from other British regiments were recruited. These men were Protestants, an important consideration for fighting against the predominantly Catholic French. The officers were also recruited from Europe— not from the American colonies— The regiment was renumbered the 60th (Royal American) Regiment in February 1757 when the 50th (Shirley's) and 51st (Pepperel's) foot regiments were removed from the British Army roll after their surrender at Fort Oswego.[3]"

Here are two pictures of the 60th (Royal Americans)

http://www.reenacting.net/60thRAR/ Link to a 60th foot site.

One more note, The uniform of the day was worn in two configurations. Often in battle, the lapels were closed and the belting was worn on the outside as pictured above. You can see how different the uniform looks in this fashion. I am not suggesting you change it, just putting it out there.
    The 6oth unit is already in TAR Mod made by one of my team members, Pom if you wish to use go ahead!!

Toon,

Wouldn't your 60th foot be American Revolution style or is it the FIW style?

Toon,

Wouldn't your 60th foot be American Revolution style or is it the FIW style?
    French-Indian War

In regards to the "Tighter Formations MOD":

Quote:
    i dont see how to get the mods. so if i wanted to change ornamentum or pom's for example can you provide the explanation as to how?
    "Use the DB Editor program found in the Mod Workshop of TWC and open up the mod you want to change. Go to the unit_stats_land table of the particular mod.

The find the particular unit you want to edit and scroll along to the right until you find the columns for rank and file.
    Standard line inf is 1.1 and 2
    I change mine to 0.9 and 1.1 for well trained units and vary it accordingly if necessary. "

Is this something we do at the user level, or something that the mod owner would have to do? (I am not skilled in these things)
    Last edited by redcoat22; December 09, 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Default Re: Great Britain Mod..UPDATE ERROR FIXED, plus IS version added

redcoat
    Thanks for this info, haven't made up my mind yet how the colonials are going to look, carricanta has given me access to his collection of books so still going through them. As for the tighter formations, you need to adjust them in unit_stats_land using the dbeditor, the tighter formations mod won't adjust any added units only vanilla.

Toon
    Thanks for the offer mate will will let you know when I start work on the mod again

To clarify my submission. I was only referring to the "Colonial Line Infantry" as being replaced by the four 60th (Royal Americans) units. It is the only real unit that fits the "line infantry" description as the Crown did not raise other such units.

"Colonial Militia" would obviously be county levies and the like.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Maybe the colonials from the French and Indian War when created should be recruitable by the 13 colonies faction aswell as GB, so it gives them more a chance to withstand the attack by Iroqious and Cherokee factions, possibly against France too. Would be a nice edition as well to the RTI campaign episode II for them

To clarify my submission. I was only referring to the "Colonial Line Infantry" as being replaced by the four 60th (Royal Americans) units. It is the only real unit that fits the "line infantry" description as the Crown did not raise other such units.

"Colonial Militia" would obviously be county levies and the like.
    It might be an idea to restrict the recruitment to only 4 units in the Americas, the rest will have to be made up of militia, and rangers, carricanta's information also showed me a colonial artillery unit, so a lot of options, and thanks redcoat, for the info you pass on, +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Maybe the colonials from the French and Indian War when created should be recruitable by the 13 colonies faction aswell as GB, so it gives them more a chance to withstand the attack by Iroqious and Cherokee factions, possibly against France too. Would be a nice edition as well to the RTI campaign episode II for them
    Hi jackwei, I was planning to add them to the 13 colonies as well as Britain within the Britain mod, or maybe a little side mod just for them, this way, if Britain fails to aquire them or they rebel, they will have a half decent roster to fight back with, but lets not forget India, will need some colonial troops for there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pom View Post
    Hi jackwei, I was planning to add them to the 13 colonies as well as Britain within the Britain mod, or maybe a little side mod just for them, this way, if Britain fails to aquire them or they rebel, they will have a half decent roster to fight back with, but lets not forget India, will need some colonial troops for there as well.
    Pom - On a side note we are planning a French-Indian War mod early next year that will be added to RTI 2 in the TAR mod and i would be honoured if you would be interested to work and join us on making this mod?? as i think your British mod and modding skills are fantastic?