Thread: Editing Volume in sound CSV files??

Default Editing Volume in sound CSV files??

I noticed the excel CSV files in the sound folders have volume values. I tried increasing these for particular sounds in the game which I think are too weak (i.e. officer commands on the battlefield) and it didn't seem to work.

Anyone have any idea how to increase volumes of specific sounds? I'm fearing the answer will be the following, "open them up each individually in an audio editor and increase amplification."

Default Re: Editing Volume in sound CSV files??

Hello Dignan, since the last patches everything related to sound (voices, music, effects, etc. ..) is controlled by the "sound_events" a file that is located entirely in hex and therefore need a program like Hex Workshop for editing.

In the Spanish forum "Clanguardias" I made a mod of music, "HEROIC MUSIC", and thanks to this I learned to edit this file. Tell me exactly what you want to change and I do it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Mariscal Zhukov View Post
    Hello Dignan, since the last patches everything related to sound (voices, music, effects, etc. ..) is controlled by the "sound_events" a file that is located entirely in hex and therefore need a program like Hex Workshop for editing.

In the Spanish forum "Clanguardias" I made a mod of music, "HEROIC MUSIC", and thanks to this I learned to edit this file. Tell me exactly what you want to change and I do it for you
    MZ,

I appreciate your offer. I was hoping to increase the volume of all the battlefield commands that you hear the officers say (like, "ready, aim, fire, reload" etc.). I was also wanting to increase the volume of the campaign music. I find both to be too soft but if I turn up the overall volume then everything else is too loud. If you can help +rep to you. If its too much work I understand. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    MZ,

I appreciate your offer. I was hoping to increase the volume of all the battlefield commands that you hear the officers say (like, "ready, aim, fire, reload" etc.). I was also wanting to increase the volume of the campaign music. I find both to be too soft but if I turn up the overall volume then everything else is too loud. If you can help +rep to you. If its too much work I understand. Thanks.
    No problem Dignan, I hope to get it done for tomorrow, is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance

Hi

I would appreciate if you can tell us how to manipulate with sound volumes in ETW...Expecialy some specific sounds like group and animal walkings are too loud and on the other side some of them are too quiet...BTW I like your great HeroicMusic mod,but as I said,I would like to change some other sound voulumes too...Thanks

Mariscal was able to make a mod for me that increased officer commands and campaign music volume. Works nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    Hi

I would appreciate if you can tell us how to manipulate with sound volumes in ETW...Expecialy some specific sounds like group and animal walkings are too loud and on the other side some of them are too quiet...BTW I like your great HeroicMusic mod,but as I said,I would like to change some other sound voulumes too...Thanks
    Hi Oby, since some time I thought about doing a tutorial to help everyone who wants to change things related to music, voices and effects. I must say that at the beginning work with the "sound_events" may be hard, in fact everything I've been able to learn it has been by trial and error. It is difficult to explain with words what you should do to increase the volume of what you said before. Tell me what you want to change and I tell you whether it is feasible or not
    Last edited by (HG)Mariscal Zhukov; November 12, 2009 at 04:02 AM.

Hi Oby, since some time I thought about doing a tutorial to help everyone who wants to change things related to music, voices and effects. I must say that at the beginning work with the "sound_events" may be hard, in fact everything I've been able to learn it has been by trial and error. It is difficult to explain with words what you should do to increase the volume of what you said before. Tell me what you want to change and I tell you whether it is feasible or not
    OK...For a start I would like to lower volume of sounds for group and animal walking on all sort of terrain...second it would be nice to increase voulume for officer commands a bit...Of course there are other sounds I would like to change,but those one are the most annoying,I could think of right now...Many thanks

i just started playing empire again after a long break and also want to do wot the OP is trying

did you find out how to do it? if so tell please

Hi,If MZ reads this could it be possible to reduce the sound of the wind in the game,that with the increase in voice commands.In a word,reduce the wind,waves and environment and increase the action. I've tried the on board sound adjustments but it either all or nothing.

Scotland's Avatar Libertus

Hello all,

just to mention, this new tool by crux3D called 'Symphony' negates the need for hex-editing and you can change almost all the sound properties to your hearts content.
    Fed up with Vanilla? Tired of Film Soundtracks? Sick of the 1812 Overture?

Listen to something different:

The Classical Music Mod for Napoleon: Total War
    &
    A Classical Music Mod for Empire: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
    Hello all,

just to mention, this new tool by crux3D called 'Symphony' negates the need for hex-editing and you can change almost all the sound properties to your hearts content.
    Thanks ) Could you answer my question in this topic please http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post10305505

I am trying to create C++ application that takes information from a text file (mainly a csv file from excel), performs some basic math, then sorts the data, puts it into a list, to a a text file again.

topic for benefit here