Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prophesy of Pendor, a good mod?

Default Re: Prophesy of Pendor, a good mod?

No you are the good guy.
    The module is based of stories made by a friend of the mod creator supposedly. There is no flexibility for him.
    Now 4.0 is being made by different people so I'd guess it might be more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreiglord View Post
    Well I attacked them just to see what would happen then got raped

Attacked again then just ctrl + f4 until I won to see what would happen I looted the city but wasnt given the option to take it for myself (kinda disappointed) then it disappeared
    I've always wondered, what kind of loot do you get?

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    I've always wondered, what kind of loot do you get?
    Not sure I quit the game before even looking

Let's just say that the Noldor (all of them, including their basic units) easily have the most overpowered equipment in the entire game, regardless of what you're looking for.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Let's just say that the Noldor (all of them, including their basic units) easily have the most overpowered equipment in the entire game, regardless of what you're looking for.

Yep so taking their city guarded by 1100 super soldiers is a tad difficult

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Any idea what happened to the new release of POP?

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Which tavern should i go to to unlock the Nordor stuff? How many gems should/can i get together? Also, m-my friend is asking can i marry an elf?

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    Its still being developed. PoP4 will be worth the wait.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    Which tavern should i go to to unlock the Nordor stuff? How many gems should/can i get together? Also, m-my friend is asking can i marry an elf?
    • That one near the forests and the Jatu.
    • Get 1 gem to unlock Noldor items (1 time payment). 1 gem to recruit soldiers (pay each time).
    • No, you can't marry one of them.
    • You can get as many gems as you want. You can get them by:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Finding the hidden chest in Rane (it's somewhere to the left, in a pile of hay), finding the Red Brotherhood hideout (ask ransom brokers and travellers for rumors) and capturing minor faction leaders.
    Last edited by Veliky Kaiser Theos; March 06, 2012 at 08:55 PM.

The city with the Noldor merchant is Laria. Note that you can open the equipment shop for one gem. However in order to recruit Noldor troops you have to give him a gem every single time you open the recruitment pool he has. The equipment is worth it the troops? Not so much.

You also have to be friends with the Noldor before you can unlock the shop and recruitment, by the way. And takes some very careful maneuvering and luck, or a lot of power in your army.
    As for the shop itself: The items have an insane price tag, so don't bother to go there unless you have a few million (!) gold in your wallet. The troops, on the other hand, are also very expensive, but also insanely powerful. If you play your cards right, you can defend a city or castle against overwhelming odds by packing a (compared to other troops) tiny garrison of them in there. Perfect meat grinder...
    Primary ways to gain standing with them: Fight alongside them when they're forced into battle by someone else. The Noldor are your enemies at the start, though, so once you have finished the battle, move your back out of there as fast as you can.
    The other way is to fight them, beat them, and release their prisoners after the battle. For this to work, you have to beat them first, of course, which is the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Oh no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Are there any estimates when it will be completed

No not really.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

So i am defending Ethos. Many days have passed. 2000 Fierdsvain camp outside the walls. Several times have they tried to breach the walls but each time the Gods are on our side. But the last assault have left my men ragged. Many injuries plague us. My companions fill the infirmary, they will not partake in the upcoming battle. A battle that will surely come before day's end. I am left with low level men wearing rags for armour. More like boys then men. The worst part is i havent saved in so long. My inventory has several qualis gems and i have weapons from the fabled Mines of Al-Aziz. I will surely lose them if Ethos falls. As i prepare for the inevitable i see the Fierds begin to run. Away from Ethos. Who do i see but Maltise herself with her marauding dread legion come busting into the ruckus. Sent by the Gods themselves. Over 2000 Fierds but does she look like she gives a ****?

No. She doesnt. Heads straight for the King and engages him in battle. In pile over 2000 Fierds against her 800 to save their King. I cannot allow her to fight alone, it would be dishonourable. I jump in with my weary 200 stirring them for one last effort. One more time. The battle lasts over one game hour. I now realise what Anaconda Knights and Dread Legionnaires are capable of. And thats why i fear them. The Fierds were scattered. I captured 9 Lords and a King. Maltise stopped to thank me before turning her Army and charging at me. We just made it back to Ethos. Bloodied, but alive. My Qualis Gems were safe. F12 save game.

What a mod.
    Last edited by Heinz Guderian; March 29, 2012 at 05:44 PM.

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFallen View Post
    Ok, I have been playing M&B for a few days now.

It has been really fun and stuff, but it really blows to have all your hard worked castles given to other Lords, and being a rebel is hard as hell because everyone's against you and yeah...Native is just messed up.

Would this be good for a first Total Conversion mod? Does anyone have any good ones that I could maybe try? I chose this cause it looks pretty popular, but maybe you guys can have something for me too.

Or wait, can you guys just give me the best, most popular, awesome mod that is available? I want to experience true beauty.
    Good Things About PoP
    -Challenging Gameplay (as in hard as )
    -New Map
    -New Factions (all which are well made and have their own lore)
    -Minor Factions
    -Role Playing Goals
    -Guilds
    -Ability to become king of Pendor
    -GREAT and I mean GREAT scenes for almost every city/town

Bad Things
    -Most Companion lords will recruit random troops rather than the culture of your faction (which seems sort of ass-backwards)
    -Didn't integrate the famed Diplomacy module
    -Nor Custom Commander
    -Some of the armors and items look at tad sub-par in my opinion, however on the other hand some are just incredible.
    -The map is a tad too small for my liking
    -Minor factions are unable to take cities.
    -lack of guild interaction.
    -some factions are helpless.

Quote Originally Posted by penquin11 View Post
    -Minor factions are unable to take cities.
    I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad thing. You have to keep in mind that these "minor" factions keep spawning huge armies and have access to good numbers of some of the most powerful troops in the entire mod. The strategic and battle AI of the established kingdoms would likely be incapable of dealing with this in any good way in the long run (it messes things up, at times, even without these armies rampaging around). True, it would be a very interesting challenge to play it like this, but it could easily go out of hand and overwhelm all Pendor in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    So i am defending Ethos. Many days have passed. 2000 Fierdsvain camp outside the walls. Several times have they tried to breach the walls but each time the Gods are on our side. But the last assault have left my men ragged. Many injuries plague us. My companions fill the infirmary, they will not partake in the upcoming battle. A battle that will surely come before day's end. I am left with low level men wearing rags for armour. More like boys then men. The worst part is i havent saved in so long. My inventory has several qualis gems and i have weapons from the fabled Mines of Al-Aziz. I will surely lose them if Ethos falls. As i prepare for the inevitable i see the Fierds begin to run. Away from Ethos. Who do i see but Maltise herself with her marauding dread legion come busting into the ruckus. Sent by the Gods themselves. Over 2000 Fierds but does she look like she gives a ****?

No. She doesnt. Heads straight for the King and engages him in battle. In pile over 2000 Fierds against her 800 to save their King. I cannot allow her to fight alone, it would be dishonourable. I jump in with my weary 200 stirring them for one last effort. One more time. The battle lasts over one game hour. I now realise what Anaconda Knights and Dread Legionnaires are capable of. And thats why i fear them. The Fierds were scattered. I captured 9 Lords and a King. Maltise stopped to thank me before turning her Army and charging at me. We just made it back to Ethos. Bloodied, but alive. My Qualis Gems were safe. F12 save game.

What a mod.
    There's nothing quite as honourable as jumping in to save a nutjob who goes around sacrificing innocent people for her god, just because she happened to be around and scare away a mutual enemy.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    As Kamos stated, it's still very much in development, just going a lot slower than anticipated.

We were never a large team to begin with (unlike the more popular Total War mods you know of, heh), but I guess the major contributor to the slow down had to do with the fact that our Lead Project Designer (Mordred) had to step down to real life reasons, thus we had a scramble for a bit to find a new Lead Project Designer and get things organized on that front which we've done now. (plus not having a "true" coder for quite sometime has set us back a bit too, ohh are they so "fickle" those important people, lol)

I guess at the end of the day, that's the nature of modding I suppose, but no worries, we're still around as a Dev Team, and do plan to release PoP 4 some day .

regards,

MP

Quote Originally Posted by mp84 View Post
    As Kamos stated, it's still very much in development, just going a lot slower than anticipated.

We were never a large team to begin with (unlike the more popular Total War mods you know of, heh), but I guess the major contributor to the slow down had to do with the fact that our Lead Project Designer (Mordred) had to step down to real life reasons, thus we had a scramble for a bit to find a new Lead Project Designer and get things organized on that front which we've done now. (plus not having a "true" coder for quite sometime has set us back a bit too, ohh are they so "fickle" those important people, lol)

I guess at the end of the day, that's the nature of modding I suppose, but no worries, we're still around as a Dev Team, and do plan to release PoP 4 some day .

regards,

MP
    Cheers man I know every modder hates "those" questions but every fan loves a very civilised response like this, even though the fans don't get the frustration of having to repeat it 1-100 times across various fora.

Honestly I wish there was an ability for people to donate to mods to make them more worthwhile for people and get momentum behind them. If a mod generates 10000 downloads and they all donate £2 then that could be a decent incentive for the modder and you know to keep the copyright holders happy it could be split 50/50.

Propose it to Armagan nah to late he's been bought out! Bless his wonderful creative soul, it was good for the game and good for him and I'd have took the deal in a heartbeat too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast