Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Period Portraits Mod 0.4

Yoram777's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Period Portraits Mod 0.3

Edit: tuca is back
    Last edited by Yoram777; November 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Yoram777 View Post
    I finished work on version 0.4 a couple of days ago.
    I already send the latest .pack to Tuca, however unfortunately Onkel Tuca doesn't seem to be around and probably has other stuff to do at the moment.

So I'm posting a temporary link for Period Portraits v0.4 which will have to do until Tuca returns and is able to update the thread.

Period Portraits v0.4 (temporary) available here:

>>> http://www.mediafire.com/?tdj4jytykti <<<

In version 0.4 "all" cards that were in v0.3 have been remade or replaced so there are no more deformed pictures like in previous versions.
    Very nice. Would prefer a less squeezed portrait of Louis XIV though, as I see this is unchanged form the original.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Very nice. Would prefer a less squeezed portrait of Louis XIV though, as I see this is unchanged form the original.
    For the cards I made closeup's (just like the standard etw pictures) that only show the face and torso (unless it was not possible because of the original picture).
    This way you get more detail in the small card pictures, otherwise you would end up with just a lump of pixels.
    The larger info pictures are full size.

Default Re: Period Portraits Mod 0.4

Sorry about that, my internet connection has been down these last couple of days, for some reason.

I've uploaded a more permanent v0.4 to Filefront, and updated the OP. Yoram777 did all the work on this one, so give your thanks to him.

http://www.filefront.com/14928021/Pe...its%20v0.4.rar

@Onkel Tuca + Yoram777
    Thanks for your new release! I'm using your mod now since two weeks and it really enhances the graphical campaign experience. +rep again!

Could someone help me with installing this mod? I've downloaded the .pack file (v. 0.4) and placed it in my data directory but should I also download the starpos.esf from the first page and place it in my main directory? Do you need to replace starpos.esf?

Happy for answer

beezneez's Avatar Civis

Really enjoy this pack. Thx for the work onkel and yoram, +rep
    "And so the population was gradually led into the demoralizing temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilization', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement."
    -The Roman Author Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by SODK View Post
    Could someone help me with installing this mod? I've downloaded the .pack file (v. 0.4) and placed it in my data directory but should I also download the starpos.esf from the first page and place it in my main directory? Do you need to replace starpos.esf?

Happy for answer
    The mod will work without the new startpos, but with the new startpos Onkel Tuca made the historical characters will have their proper portraits at the start of the campaign.
    Just replace it (and make a backup of the original)

Quote Originally Posted by Onkel Tuca View Post
    Sorry about that, my internet connection has been down these last couple of days, for some reason.

I've uploaded a more permanent v0.4 to Filefront, and updated the OP. Yoram777 did all the work on this one, so give your thanks to him.

Good to have you back Tuca
    Last edited by Yoram777; November 15, 2009 at 11:07 AM.

Anyone know if this works with APE:TI?

For some reason I get a "corrupted file" message on winrar when I download from that link. But when I downloaded the 0.4 file from Yoram777 on mediafire, that doesn't happen. As a matter of interest, does that download differ from Yoram's mediafire download? If so how?

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

For some reason I get a "corrupted file" message on winrar when I download from that link. But when I downloaded the 0.4 file from Yoram777 on mediafire, that doesn't happen. As a matter of interest, does that download differ from Yoram's mediafire download? If so how?
    Odd thing that... It's the same exact file, so there's no problem if you got your hands on it through Yoram's link. Guess I'd put that one up on the OP.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Do you have proper historical images of the actual historical people who crop up every now and then, sa well as the original characters who are historical.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

The mod will work without the new startpos, but with the new startpos Onkel Tuca made the historical characters will have their proper portraits at the start of the campaign.
    Just replace it (and make a backup of the original)
    At the moment the Swedish monarch has the wrong portrait? Does this have anything to do with me not using the starpos.esf from this mod? Because the russian tsar Peter I has the correct portrait?

well good sir I'll be needing a darthmod startpos version sadly

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    well good sir I'll be needing a darthmod startpos version sadly
    It will work without the startpos file, It's been added to the DMUC but I did not add the starpos file as the DMUC has one specially for DMUC, the portraits show up just fine

hip63

Quote Originally Posted by SODK View Post
    At the moment the Swedish monarch has the wrong portrait? Does this have anything to do with me not using the starpos.esf from this mod? Because the russian tsar Peter I has the correct portrait?
    As far as I know without the starpos.esf Tuca made, the portraits at the beginning should be random.
    If you're talking about this portrait, then it's correct that's Karl XII of Sweden.
    I assume a different one shows in your game?

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Do you have proper historical images of the actual historical people who crop up every now and then, sa well as the original characters who are historical.
    I quote Tuca for your answer :
    I've been searching through the .loc files trying to find variables for portraits, hoping to accomplish what you're asking for; historical portraits for historical characters throughout the period. However, I haven't been able to find any such variables, so I reckon they are chosen randomly, sorry. So, I haven't touched the .loc files at all.
    Proper portraits for historical characters at the start of the campaign is all I have been able to muster, modifying the startpos.esf.
    Last edited by Yoram777; November 17, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

As far as I know without the starpos.esf Tuca made, the portraits at the beginning should be random.
    If you're talking about this portrait, then it's correct that's Karl XII of Sweden.
    I assume a different one shows in your game?

:
    No thats not the picture, I get some guy with long hair, probably a wig. I guess ill download the starpos then

Yes. The Charles/Karl XII picture for Sweden is wrong. This is it in the mod:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Reality (from 1707 portrait):

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Yes. The Charles/Karl XII picture for Sweden is wrong. This is it in the mod:

Reality (from 1707 portrait):

It appears you missed downloading/replacing the startpos. Check the OP for links.

Sorted. Thank you Onkel Tuca.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast