Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Version 5.9.4

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Version 5.9.4

You can get XGM version 5.9.4 here. The main changes are the addition of Ethnic Traits 2.6 (by Suppanut) and some map changes. This version is still in testing, so feedback would be welcome.

Saved games from versions before 5.9.0 will not work with this version.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; December 24, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

Default Re: Version 5.9.0

D: That's a direct download link. Any chance of outlining what the map changes are?

(1) New settlement of Pelusium added on the eastern edge of the Nile delta. (2) Crimean regions have been reorganised so that the Greeks control narrow strips around the shores of the black sea, while the Scythians control the interior. (3) Settlements in Illyria/Panonia/Epirus moved and/or renamed to make the map a little more accurate.

Some of these changes were already in certain provincial campaigns. Now they have been added to all campaigns.

Awesome. Thanks, DBH. I've downloaded and taken a quick look around the map... time to get into a campaign!

Hmm. Yes, I think I will restart my current campaign to make use of that.

with a new settlement on the Nile Delta, what's the unrest like?

Edit: Where are my manners? Thanks for the effort you put into this, DBH.
    Last edited by Diomede; November 05, 2009 at 02:10 AM.

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

So 5.9.1 will be available tomorrow i suppose dime? hehe, time to download and test this out.
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!

Domesticus

Aww man no previous campaings working?

Anyway thx Dime.

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

I am goin to take a wild guess here but as the characters grow older.. they are unable to move as far as when they were young? If this is so... i would suggest that they start losing those movement points when they hit 50... the early 40's is abit unreasonable, I mean come on, Julius caesar was like 60+ and he was still campaigning all over the mediteranean.
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!

Saved games are totaly unplayble?

Well, they may "work" but your traits will be all screwy at the least.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrus View Post
    I am goin to take a wild guess here but as the characters grow older.. they are unable to move as far as when they were young? If this is so... i would suggest that they start losing those movement points when they hit 50... the early 40's is abit unreasonable, I mean come on, Julius caesar was like 60+ and he was still campaigning all over the mediteranean.
    I didn't put aging and supply into ET2.6 for XGM5.9. where did you get that?
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Even apart from new traits and ancillaries, map changes usually break saved games, and I've also cleared out a number of obsolete units. It's highly unlikely that old saves will load, and if they do load it's unlikely that they will work for even one turn.

Diomede: The new region starts out belonging to the Ptolemies and has the same unrest as their other Egyptian regions (i.e. quite low).

Ferrus: I'm going to be quite busy for a few more weeks, but after that there will be some new versions. Until then I expect it will be bug-fixes only.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    Ferrus: I'm going to be quite busy for a few more weeks, but after that there will be some new versions. Until then I expect it will be bug-fixes only.
    Means I've got plenty of time for that Julius Caesar campaign I just started.

I found one bug. I'm not sure if it's an Ethnic Trait bug or what, so I'll just post it here. It seems that, when a faction heir becomes 'Faction Leader,' he doesn't get the character trait associated with the position. Instead, he becomes 'Disinherited', with a -1 Influence. My own leader (I'm Thrace in this campaign), as well as the leader of Macedon, are both experiencing this. You may or may not have erased the Faction Leader trait on purpose, but I'm willing to bet that he's not supposed to be Disinherited when he takes the throne.
    Last edited by Atzar; November 05, 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Same bug in a gcs campaign I just started.
    Also, I'm in summer 261 now and I have 13 generals. Of those 11 are practically immobilized. They are in cities and can hardly move out of the walls. The remaining two, who are teenagers have regular movement. Can't stand it, I think I'll reload 5.8.26!

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

Tartaros, do those 11 Generals have some common traits? It might be something to do with Social Contacts / Social Network traits that reduce greatly the movement points of Family Members. I am not sure if they are included in this version, but I am not too crazy about the idea to limit the effective use of Generals and Governors with those movement points.

Luc.

Ok i checked about it.
    They all have either social or flawless network trait except one (20 yr old) who has social contacts. This one can move a bit further (not much). The 2 teenage ones have none of these traits.

Looked in export_descr_character_traits and found this:

Trait SocialNetwork
    Characters family
    AntiTraits NoNetwork
    Level Social_Contacts
    Description Social_Contacts_desc
    EffectsDescription Social_Contacts_effects_desc
    Threshold 4
    Effect MovementPoints -25
    Effect Management 1
    Level Social_Network
    Description Social_Network_desc
    EffectsDescription Social_Network_effects_desc
    Threshold 10
    Effect MovementPoints -30
    Effect Management 1
    Effect PublicSecurity 1
    Level Flawless_Network
    Description Flawless_Network_desc
    EffectsDescription Flawless_Network_effects_desc
    Threshold 20
    Effect MovementPoints -35
    Effect Management 2
    Effect PublicSecurity 2
    Effect Loyalty -

I edited the movement points from -25, -30, -35 to -1, -2, -3. I reloaded the game and took a turn too but it made no difference.
    Last edited by Tartaros; November 06, 2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: further observations

From what I can tell the high "social network" movement penalty should only apply to the first turn of movement. The trait should disappear the turn after you move the character out of the settlement he is in.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    From what I can tell the high "social network" movement penalty should only apply to the first turn of movement. The trait should disappear the turn after you move the character out of the settlement he is in.
    DBH, I just gave a try to your suggestion. Moved 2 generals out of cities. Took 3 turns and yes they've both lost the trait. However their mobility remains unchanged. Seems that once the trait is triggered the mp reduction is permanent.

Meanwhile i"ve started a campaign from scratch with the edited values and 2 generals that just got the social contacts trait can still move very well.

I suspect though if mp reduction is permanent it could also be cumulative, i.e. gnl gains trait/loses pts, moves out/loses trait, enters another city, regains trait/loses more pts. In that case a very low or no reduction would be desireable.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Does your character now not in your own territory? Movement system of ET206 is very complex...

- In your own territory +10 MP, will clear when end turn in enemy's border
    - not in your territory -1, -2, -3, -4, -6 MP according to how long you stay, clear when endturn in your own border
    - SocialNetwork, as DBH stated, it will clear when end of turn outside settlement

I have conduct many test of trial and error to find that MP reduction could not clear by - trait and will accummulated by this, which is the problem in older version of ET, but we could clear it by anti-trait, like DBH gStaticGeneral which work by DBH, and current all movement trait use this similar system in every ET newer than 2.5. This is also truth to all bonus attributes came by traits

OK, as people so hate about Social Network's MP reduction, here is the version that cut MP reduction of Social Network but reduce loyalty instead. As well as fix on faction leader get disinherited trait.
    Last edited by Suppanut; November 06, 2009 at 10:43 PM.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast