Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWW.THIRDAGETOTALWAR.COM - discussion

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon10 Re: WWW.THIRDAGETOTALWAR.COM - discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Brego View Post
    Just one question: Have you reserved/bought the domain "Thirdagetotalwar.com"?
    Yes.

Brego's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: WWW.THIRDAGETOTALWAR.COM - discussion

Oh, I just realized you had written it in the opening post

Sorry for my ignorance

eskrogh's Avatar Biarchus

if you really want to get people to see the site... couldnt it be a good idea to talk with KK and maybe get the game, patches and such directly releashed on the site, so insted of going from forum to the download site then if alle the mirror links could be at your site... so people need to pay a visit
    If people isnt over the minimum standard of living... lower the standard..
    if there is too much poverty in a sociaty, lower the poverty line... my qoutes... comment them if you will...

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

I think he will surely incorporate the download links in his site. These are not protected in any way by any sort copyright whatsoever.
    Evan maybe you could put in a RSS feed?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffer Nl View Post
    I think he will surely incorporate the download links in his site. These are not protected in any way by any sort copyright whatsoever.
    As far as i know, kk could forbid their use, though.

he cannot forbid my upload though.
    I think...

Well, alternate mirrors are in his interest, so he won`t. ^^

An RSS Feed would be a good idea for the news section of the site. People can keep up to date on new downloads and patches...

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    As far as i know, kk could forbid their use, though.
    Only an idiot would do so, THIS IS PROMOTING HIS MOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Only an idiot would do so, THIS IS PROMOTING HIS MOD!
    Well, if I were to claim it was my Mod (which I would never ) then he could sue me.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    Well, if I were to claim it was my Mod (which I would never ) then he could sue me.
    Well, yes... if you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    An RSS Feed would be a good idea for the news section of the site. People can keep up to date on new downloads and patches...
    I think another good idea would be to link to as many mods that take place in Third Age as possible.

A great one I have seen, is the following, for Bethesda's Oblivion. It surely could use some help to get it going. Seeing 136 people in this forum, maybe some could volunteer to help the other mod going. Imagine being able to actually "walk" in Third Age, using oblivion's engine.

http://www.modrealms.com/modificatio...-role-playing/

I was especially awed when I saw this on Bethesda subforum in Circus Maximus, originally posted by a mod member, NamesAreUseless.

(yep this "unknown" city includes all 7 circles)

Here's the forum of this amazing mod. May it grow and prosper, much like Third Age has. A link would certainly help and I believe the end result will be great for all of us. Who knows? Maybe even the mod teams can help one another with models and textures. That would be mod synergy in action. Heck, I might even buy Oblivion for this mod.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Yeah he could...
    But I bet he wouldn't because then there would need to be a complete research of his mod wether it is legal...

Simply, he could forbid it to be affiliated with him - which could lead to bans from all mentions of it, and even for the members who started it. "Thievery", as recently seen, isn't taken lightly, and if a complaint is put in... well, you know what can happen.

Kevranos, it looks awesome, but I've never really played Oblivion - just wondering if there are any other Oblivion mods for the Third Age, as in armour, etc.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Quote Originally Posted by Keravnos View Post
    I think another good idea would be to link to as many mods that take place in Third Age as possible.

A great one I have seen, is the following, for Bethesda's Oblivion. It surely could use some help to get it going. Seeing 136 people in this forum, maybe some could volunteer to help the other mod going. Imagine being able to actually "walk" in Third Age, using oblivion's engine.

http://www.modrealms.com/modificatio...-role-playing/

I was especially awed when I saw this on Bethesda subforum in Circus Maximus, originally posted by a mod member, NamesAreUseless.

(yep this "unknown" city includes all 7 circles)

Here's the forum of this amazing mod. May it grow and prosper, much like Third Age has. A link would certainly help and I believe the end result will be great for all of us. Who knows? Maybe even the mod teams can help one another with models and textures. That would be mod synergy in action. Heck, I might even buy Oblivion for this mod.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A bity 'ify' about posting links to other Mods, there are legal risks as some have pointed out. However it would benefit the exposure of the site and Third Age TW Mod...

I agree it looks awesome , but I really would not like this thread to spiral out of topic. Why not open another thread for it. I think many would be interested (including me) but this thread has a specific purpose...

Ofcourse we can discuss it, through relevant ideas but I would not like us to drift too much...

I apologize, then.
    Will start a new thread.
    I will erase my post here once I do.

Just for the record, I am sure that as long as the mod is handed out for free, most software companies don't mind, therefore I fail to see how would this would hurt them in any way.

On the contrary, I believe that this would mean extra sales for the company, as I belong to those who would buy Oblivion just for the Third age mod.
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Icon12 Re: WWW.THIRDAGETOTALWAR.COM - discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Keravnos View Post
    I apologize, then.
    Will start a new thread.
    I will erase my post here once I do.

Just for the record, I am sure that as long as the mod is handed out for free, most software companies don't mind, therefore I fail to see how would this would hurt them in any way.

On the contrary, I believe that this would mean extra sales for the company, as I belong to those who would buy Oblivion just for the Third age mod.
    Please don't apologise or erase the post, I was just warning before we stumbled onto a different road.

A-ok.

Ok, guys. I haven't been able to do much work lately because I have had really important exams. But, over the christmass I am going to make alot more progress, so don't think that this project is dead.

Evan

Myshkin's Avatar Centenarius

Is a basic site working Evan? Exams always go first.
    Mini-projects under developlemt for TATW and ETW

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast