Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ATVTW - Trait/Ancillary Validator

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: ATVTW - Trait/Ancillary Validator

Please reverse\correct the error messages related when data names of settlements do not match display names.

Example: {London}Glasgow

When entering 'London' in the script an error is displayed, whereas 'Glasgow' gets accepted.

See attached sample from Rage of dark Gods - all 98 errors are related to that, making it a long winded affair when looking for actual errors.

Last edited by Gigantus; May 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Which versions of M2TW does this work with? I have my files all laid out in the data folder and put the specific ones into a "text" folder. When I select the data folder as the path, the files go through, but then it finds errors. Specifically:

Line 2395 - Error: Invalid Effect line, expected '<Effects/Religious_Belief/Religious_Order> <Attribute/Religion> <int>', found: Effect Authority

Line 10168 - Error: Invalid Epithet line, expected 'Epithet <epithet_VnV>', found: Epithet The Divine

How do I address these?

In the export_descr_advice file, I keep getting errors that state the number of arguments for certain conditions is wrong, like UIVisible and AdviseRecruit. Is there a comprehensive guide out there to show how to deal with the error types? If not, can someone put up a quick explanation or couple of screenies to show how to fix these errors such as those on lines 0097-0100 and 1211-1234?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patrickjp93 View Post
    Which versions of M2TW does this work with? I have my files all laid out in the data folder and put the specific ones into a "text" folder. When I select the data folder as the path, the files go through, but then it finds errors. Specifically:

Line 2395 - Error: Invalid Effect line, expected '<Effects/Religious_Belief/Religious_Order> <Attribute/Religion> <int>', found: Effect Authority
    The line requires three things, the line only has two items on it.

Line 10168 - Error: Invalid Epithet line, expected 'Epithet <epithet_VnV>', found: Epithet The Divine

How do I address these?
    The VnV can only be one word, yours has two words The and Divine, the entry should read Epithet The_Divine or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickjp93 View Post
    In the export_descr_advice file, I keep getting errors that state the number of arguments for certain conditions is wrong, like UIVisible and AdviseRecruit. Is there a comprehensive guide out there to show how to deal with the error types? If not, can someone put up a quick explanation or couple of screenies to show how to fix these errors such as those on lines 0097-0100 and 1211-1234?
    To find out what conditions require what arguments you'll need to grad the docudemons for RTW/BI.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

I have a remaining issue with the checker: it does not recognize custom factions for the Combat_V effects. Could that be pulled from the descr_sm_factions and descr_religions files instead of from a preset list?

Also confirmed that the HasANCType condition is indeed not working in the EDCT - it simply gets ignored as if it is not present.

Recent tests
    prove this to be incorrect\outdated - Gig
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 07, 2020 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Corrected HasANCType observation

KEA's Avatar Senator

Yes, everything with ancillaries only works in EDA. Good thing that trait triggers work there as well (in theory, all triggers might as well be placed in EDA)

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    Yes, everything with ancillaries only works in EDA.
    HasAncType also works in campaign_script. Maybe guilds and faction standings as well (don't know).

KEA's Avatar Senator

Yes, I was talking about trait triggers

thanks for this great tool it saved mine game as before a used it, mine authority of the king was messed up,after i used it i never thought it was founding so much errors in the export_descr_charater_traits,and some in the export_descr_ancillaries,great brilliant tool!

Sorry, but I don't understand the instructions to use this Validator, I need to put my export_descr_ancillaries in the folder ATVTW and run the program?

I work in a mod and I can't add more ancillaries, I put the first and all is ok, works fine, but when I put the second ancillary, CTD when run the game and error_log says:

19:31:32.542 [script.err] [error] Trigger parsing error in mods/TSTW/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2146, column 45 :
    ancillary description (lazarus_knight) not recognised
    19:31:32.542 [game.script] [error] Trigger parsing error in mods/TSTW/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2146, column 45 :
    ancillary description (lazarus_knight) not recognised

This is the anc and trigger and description:

;------------------------------------------
    Ancillary lazarus_knight
    Type Court
    Transferable 0
    Image knight_older.tga
    ExcludeCultures mesoamerican, greek, eastern_european, middle_eastern
    Description lazarus_knight_desc
    EffectsDescription lazarus_knight_effects_desc
    Effect Chivalry 1
    Effect Command 1

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger lazarus_knight_trigger
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition EndedInSettlement
    and SettlementBuildingExists = lazaro2
    and IsGeneral

AcquireAncillary lazarus_knight chance 50

{lazarus_knight}Caballero de San Lázaro
    {lazarus_knight_desc}Sus estrechas relaciones con los caballeros de San Lázaro han puesto a este hombre bajo la protección de la orden.
    {lazarus_knight_effects_desc}Caballería +1, Mando +1

Where is the error? I try everything, delete strings.bin file, put a extra space line in description, and don't work.

Please Help !
    Last edited by Werety; May 11, 2016 at 02:26 PM.

See more about Tierra Santa TW and other projects in Discord
    Join the official Discord server of the mod: https://discord.gg/u6VFKgDzpX
    Download TSTW here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tierra-santa-tw-mod
    Rise of Quetzal TW (WIP) in https://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-quetzal-tw

Blog Entries

You have to install ATVTW into it's own folder and then run the executable (TWScriptEditor) of it. Then create a setting for your mod by pointing to the data folder of your mod.

There may be a formatting problem with your text\export_ancillaries.txt file. Open a thread in the text and editing workshop forum and attach your file for someone to have a look.

I put the ATVTW in my data folder, and run execubale, when I create a new file, browse my mods/TSTW/data folder and executable says:

The following files are missing:
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_character_traits.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\text\export_VnVs.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_unit.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\descr_sm_factions.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_buildings.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\descr_cultures.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_ancillaries.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\text\export_ancillaries.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_advice.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\text\export_advice.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\descr_missions.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\descr_religions.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt' is missing.

Please make sure all required files are in the directory specified by the settings and not being used and then to load the settings again.

This files exists in the folder, I don't understand say don't exists.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Because these documents are required for the tool to run. You haven't unpacked your files correctly !

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Werety View Post
    I put the ATVTW in my data folder, and run execubale, when I create a new file, browse my mods/TSTW/data folder and executable says:

The following files are missing:
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_character_traits.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\text\export_VnVs.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_unit.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\descr_sm_factions.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_buildings.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\descr_cultures.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_ancillaries.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\text\export_ancillaries.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\export_descr_advice.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\text\export_advice.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\descr_missions.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\descr_religions.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt' is missing.
    File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\TSTW\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt' is missing.

Please make sure all required files are in the directory specified by the settings and not being used and then to load the settings again.

This files exists in the folder, I don't understand say don't exists.
    You have your setting pointing to the wrong place. You've got it pointing to the mod folder rather than the data folder within the mod folder.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Problem solved!

Is a error of colocation of ancillaries and triggers in the text document.

Thanks for your help !

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Please reverse\correct the error messages related when data names of settlements do not match display names.

Example: {London}Glasgow

When entering 'London' in the script an error is displayed, whereas 'Glasgow' gets accepted.

See attached sample from Rage of dark Gods - all 98 errors are related to that, making it a long winded affair when looking for actual errors.

I realize this tool has not been updated for MANY years, but the "settlement data name error" problem is awful, and makes it very hard to use the tool. In EB2 we have literally hundreds of triggers that include "and SettlementName", and it's just a nightmare to click through all these bogus errors.
    EBII Council

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

I'm assuming that the SettlementName condition in M2TW works the same in triggers as it does in scripts where it uses the in display name of the settlement as opposed to the internal name?

Blog Entries

Never used the display name (or have seen it being used) in a script or traits\ancillaries, but it is possible that it works. Given that display names can be changed via script and manually (in game) make it far from ideal to use. The problem with the checker however is that it doesn't accept the internal name at all.

It also doesn't take to custom religions and factions in the Combat_V_ effects line if memory saves, but those are usually relatively few entries if at all.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 12, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

Features to come:

• Add ability to identify custom trait/ancillary attributes not present in vanilla
    • Add the ability to modify and add to the traits/ancillaries files

Hey! So I was wondering, does this have yet the functionality to add new/ unique/ original traits and ancillaries?

I'm looking for a way to make my own ancillaries and traits without causing CtD (I'm just editing export_descr_ancillary with notepad++) -- the 'unpacked' text file, but not I think the uncompressed VnV.txt ... trying to figure out a way to either add traits to the unpacked compressed file, or edit the uncompressed VnV.txt file. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    -_-

Never idly import RTW ancillaries into M2TW. If you catch yourself doing so, make sure to add the lines Type and Transferable to their entries!

Thank the Gods for this Validator!

EDIT:

I'm receiving messages that uses of the conditions "CharacterAge" and "I_FactionLeaderTrait" are not defined. Does the program recognize these conditions, or am I suffering a syntax error somewhere?
    Hey, for clarification, what does Transferrable do? Does it give to another random famility member when the character dies of natural causes? or when the character dies by any means? Or does it allow for one general to steal the ancillary of another general by defeating (and killing him) in combat?

Dealing with special equipment ancillaries in a mod so this info would be quite useful. Thanks.