Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 Released!

Default Re: Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 Released!

Still learning to play the game through this mod. I'm playing as Lithuania and I notice that my ballista teams are strangely glowing with no features. Am I missing a texture or something?

Quote Originally Posted by JGeorge View Post
    Still learning to play the game through this mod. I'm playing as Lithuania and I notice that my ballista teams are strangely glowing with no features. Am I missing a texture or something?
    Yeah, Lithuania's lacking textures for its artillery.
    I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling, then copy this into your signature.

Is there some kind of substitute I can use? Some file I can drop in somewhere? I don't really care what it looks like, as anything has to be better than those weird looking ghost crews!

Dunno. A number of skins have errors, especially on the shields. And many weapons are partially black when they shouldn't be.
    I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling, then copy this into your signature.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

I know but I can't fix them and colesy is bogged down with RL atm.

Hi all,
    Apologies, as Imperium let you know I'm very busy at the mo. I've got some time off in a week so I'll be taking a look at some of those issues you've mentioned:
    Missing textures for ballista crews and venetian heavy infantry crash.

Using alternative AI mods should be perfectly acceptable, I recently used XAI mod without any problems.

ImperiumIV has been working really hard on an update regarding a more balanced edu, and please let me know if you come accross missing textures, they are easily fixed if I know which units are causing problems.

Results

There were missing entries for lithuanian bombard, catapult, trebuchet and ballista in the battlemodels file so I will include a new 'data' file below which will solve that problem. Extract it to your Retrofit folder.

I have checked the venetian heavy infantry in UR v2.0 and there is a very interesting issue there, you have to realise that there is little to no modding of vanilla factions and units unless it's some changes to edu or new units added.

A crash caused by venetian heavy infantry suggests a problem in vanilla. Suprisingly, the standard VHI and upgraded VHI are the wrong way around! Extract the 'data' file I include below to your retrofit folder to fix it. NOTE: The battlemodel file is for Sashqua, not the rest of you.
    Last edited by colesy606; October 18, 2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Results of check
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

Bloody hell! I forgot that's for 2.0! I use 1.5. Now the mod doesn't work!

Is there a file that determines what trade resources are in which territories? I'm assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that this mod uses a different base than the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by colesy606 View Post
    Hi all,

Results

There were missing entries for lithuanian bombard, catapult, trebuchet and ballista in the battlemodels file so I will include a new 'data' file below which will solve that problem. Extract it to your Retrofit folder.
    After extracting the new data folder I can no longer start the mod. I keep getting 'Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit'. Any idea why this is happening?

I seem to have gotten it working. I couldn't just extract it and overwrite from the data level. I had to extract the files and subdirectories in the unit models folder directly.

I have dled and tryed this mod but the Teutonic order isn't playable in my file any ideas as to what to do to be them?

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Something to look at for new update. In the shared.sd file, the new faction shields you have added are a little close together when you look at them in-game. Look at Pope's approval. The spacing is just off a bit. I manually changed some to this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    			<sprite index="339" name="SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_WALES" page="4" left="5" right="34" top="17" bottom="48" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    			<sprite index="340" name="SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_IRELAND" page="4" left="39" right="68" top="17" bottom="48" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>
    			<sprite index="341" name="SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_NORWAY" page="5" left="5" right="34" top="17" bottom="48" x_offset="0" y_offset="0" alpha="1" cursor="0"/>

Looks a lot better. The vanilla small shields are 31 pixels left to right and 31 pixels top to bottom.

Once again great mod and thanks for the release.

Vegas_Bear

Ever since putting in the data file of the 16th my game crashes every time I try to manually resolve a battle. Any idea why this might be happening or what I can do to fix it? Is the data in the first post that I can putting back in?

Is the download link in Post1 the latest one? i just found this mod so i'm confusing which one is latest after reading all posts.(It is because of my bad english)

the income in this mod is rather low
    upgrading economic buildings does not give much boost.

can i manually edit certain texts so that income gained is increased?

Which text file do I edit to get the faction names back to english?

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

If you wanted to get the 31 factions on the Custom Battle page, didn't know if you saw this -

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347694

This mod is epic, from what I've seen/heard. When I get the full expansion pack next week, I'm downloading it.
    Straight away.

Hello
    I just installed this mod but I get "medieval 2 total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" message when trying to start the game (not campaign, before even the menu)

System log (attached) says there's a number of files missing
    Can you help?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

You need to firstly set your error logs to 'trace' if you want better information on how the Retrofit crashed.

- Open your configuration.cfg file, located in
    Medieval II Total War/mods/<mod folder name>/
    - Look for:
    [log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * error
    - Change error to trace.

- Go to your Medieval II Total War folder, delete the folder called logs.

- Run Retrofit, and read the new error log text file. It should now give you much more information.

In the text file opened with notepad, you can use the search tool and search for [error] or [warning] to look for errors.

You should also check the mod and see if it has these files:
    20:58:46.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/religions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:58:46.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/religions.txt is missing
    20:58:46.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/climates.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:58:46.671 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/climates.txt is missing
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.