Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 Released!

Asta666's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Ultimate Retrofit v1.0

first of all very nice mod, its exactly what i wanted to see in the grand campaign.
    now some problems... i ve been experiencing random errors during the campaign (tried with novgord and wales) where the game hangs or has to be closed, anyone else has also experienced this ?? any ideas regarding how to fix it?

Default Re: Ultimate Retrofit v1.0

I'll PM you Asta666.
    The descr_strat file below removes portugal from the game and improves stability.
    Last edited by colesy606; May 31, 2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: file added
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

Default Re: Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 Released!

Version 2 released now everyone.
    Enjoy.
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

Asta666's Avatar Libertus

great work colesy!! so much new stuff and yet turns and map movement remain as fast as vanilla. the new gui is amazing, and the menu song too minor bugs ive noticed so far are: in teutonic campaign mongols lack victory conditions and novgord is missing custom map card, default europe map is shown. anyway, very good stuff !!!!!!! i want to reach minor city soon and try those elepahants with khwazarem

Thanks Asta!
    Keep me informed of those pesky bugs and I'll get an update on the thread by the end of the week. Is the custom map card missing in Teutonic campaign or Grand Campaign?

If it's Teutonic simply copy and paste another factions card and rename it to 'map_saxons' if it's GC I'll have to get the one I'd made and slap it in an update, it might be there already, called 'map_novgorod' by mistake.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

So far the 2.0 looks great! Even the title menu is pretty. Anywho, just so everyone knows, I do not think this works with the steam version of total war. It may but I'm using a -insert illegal topic here- to make it run since I bought mtw2 gold through steam since i thought i lost my discs. Works fine with the -illegal topic- and it doesn't interfere multiplayer. Anywho, apparently I CAN run medieval 2 with this laptop on minimum. If anyone wants to play UR2.0 online, PM me and I'll give you my xfire or other contact info.

Looks great! What are the Khwarezmshah and Cumans like in this mod?

I've added a small update in response to a big error caused by a missing Jerusalem texture file (it'll also fix the missing victory conditions for mongols and custom map for novgorod), it's in the attachments of the front page of this thread.
    Just extract it to your retrofit folder.

Update also includes new armour upgrade and models for mercinary crusader knights, pics are in the 'mod spec' section of the title thread.

Keep me updated on any issues I've overlooked! Thanks everyone.

Cumans and Kwarezmid utilise units from other factions, they are similar to Stainless Steel type but without being redesigned or renamed (unlike how they are in Stainless Steel, I don't have enough room in the edu to do it).
    Last edited by colesy606; June 03, 2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: incorrect grammar

The problem persists.

deleted. problem solved.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; June 03, 2010 at 07:04 PM.

Try the file again,
    dont ask what was wrong with it because if I tell you I'll be laughed out of the twcenter forum and told never to return!

it works now =)

here's the replay.

Here's a video of the some new units.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-teLBkPPuQ

Colesy,

Long time no reply! Sorry I have been very busy, new job and I moved. Anyway I got your PM and downloaded it today. I haven't had time to play it yet, but if I may beg you... send me a list of the new units! I saw the new welsh units and I am in love! Now to ask, what did those darn Brits get! . I will report any bugs I am able to find over the next few weeks.

Regards,
    Heretical

Hi Heretical86!
    Great to see you back my friend! Glad you like the new Wales units, I knew you would, they'll change the way you play the game with Wales! PM me fella, how come you moved? What you been up to? Almost forgot, just Wales regarding the British Isles for now, alas I am merely one man and I haven't had time for others, your ideas for new units are welcome!

Attachment below for you Imperium,
    It's a replay showing some changes to the update, pay special attention to the lancers verus Turkomans, the upgraded Knights Templar that are no longer 'English' and Longbowmen in melee.
    I've included upgrading for many of the units, it's taking ages, I'll have to re-do the edu I think, fully upgraded knightly order sergeants are now a lot closer to amored sergeants, a nice compromise I hope you'll agree!
    Oh yeah, the merc crusading units are now re-balanced too.
    Last edited by colesy606; June 26, 2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: removed old files

i'll check it out!
    EDIT: very nice! i'm gonna PM you for an idea i just had.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; June 03, 2010 at 06:24 AM.

Here is the replay demonstrating what I said in the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colesy606 View Post
    Hi Heretical86!
    Great to see you back my friend! Glad you like the new Wales units, I knew you would, they'll change the way you play the game with Wales! PM me fella, how come you moved? What you been up to? Almost forgot, just Wales regarding the British Isles for now, alas I am merely one man and I haven't had time for others, your ideas for new units are welcome!

Attachment below for you Imperium,
    It's a replay showing some changes to the update, pay special attention to the lancers verus Turkomans, the upgraded Knights Templar that are no longer 'English' and Longbowmen in melee.
    I've included upgrading for many of the units, it's taking ages, I'll have to re-do the edu I think, fully upgraded knightly order sergeants are now a lot closer to amored sergeants, a nice compromise I hope you'll agree!
    Oh yeah, the merc crusading units are now re-balanced too.
    the replay won't work unless I have the same edu.

Thracius's Avatar Tiro

Hey, haven't been on in a while but I got your PM,
    I'll download it and give it a try and let you know later.
    ~Cheers