Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 Released!

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Ultimate Retrofit v1.0

Colesy can u please find a good site for the downloads, I really want to play the mod, but I cant due to the many errors, mainly I would love to be Ireland,,

colesy606
    Not sure about hotseating, It's not something I've used or looked at with regards to modding.
    In your fashion good ideas, thanks.
    Found Hotsit.
    Put mtw2.lnt replacement in Medieval II Total War Kingdoms \ mods \ retrofit \ data \ menu.
    mtw2.rar - 27.3 Kb

Bodyguards rebel General.
    Last edited by Russian NORMAN; January 16, 2010 at 10:41 AM.

Ultimate Retrofit v1.5.
    I've uploaded the new version of Ultimate Retrofit, that is v1.5.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6ZRHD0DJ

I have downloaded the file and extracted it and it works perfectly. If you find that you download it and you get errors you must re-try it. I don't have any solution to the random download error problem some users are getting.

Installation instructions for the download are the same as v1.0.
    Happy Warring.

If you experience error problems with the previous download try this as it might work for you.
    I do not know why the file download is fine for some people but not for others. Alas, it is a mystery!
    Last edited by colesy606; January 26, 2010 at 11:18 AM.
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

Hey Colesy,

Downloaded the latest update, not working now. When you go to start a new grand campaign it shuts down like it used, even if you delete the map.rwm file.
    Last edited by Heretical86; January 28, 2010 at 04:33 PM.

Heretical86,
    Can you send me the log file so I can see what the problem might be please?
    Thanks
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

Quote Originally Posted by colesy606 View Post
    Heretical86,
    Can you send me the log file so I can see what the problem might be please?
    Thanks
    Cole, I got it working, had to redownload your patch (3 tries) haha. Great, I love Wales!

there is noticed that you need a unmodded medieval kingdoms for this great mod but can i install this mod when i have stainless steel ?

Hi there Stevietheconquer,
    To be honest I haven't tried my Ultimate Retrofit mod when another mod is present.
    If I remember rightly Stainless Steel creates its own mod folder and if it doesn't alter any of the main total war files in the unmodded folders then there shouldn't be a problem.
    I'd suggest trying it because my Ultimate Retrofit mod doesn't affect your main total war folders and sits in it's own mod folder. Even if it fails to work it wont affect your Stainless Steel mod either. Goodluck!

Good work Heretical86,
    I was almost worried there for a second, it bugs the hell out of me that it doesn't download cleanly all the time, it is very compressed though so perhaps there in lies the problem!
    What do you think of the Rhyfelywr Mawr? They took ages to get right, originally their armour had arm holes in the front and back!
    I like the dismounted Mathrafal as a good foil to the dismounted mailed and feudal knights of the English.
    Glad you're enjoying it!

thanks colesy606 i have it work now with stainless steel the only thing i had too do was remove the map rwm file in the retrofit data world maps base map and now it is working fine

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Hello! i installed retrofit and ultimate retrofit but in ultimate you can t play hotseat campaign .Can you fix this ?

Tavix,
    In your fashion good ideas, thanks.
    Found Hotsit.
    Put mtw2.lnt replacement in Medieval II Total War Kingdoms \ mods \ retrofit \ data \ menu.
    mtw2.rar - 27.3 Kb
    Courtesy of Russian Norman, see post above.

Stevietheconquer,
    Great news friend! I hope you enjoy it!

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Thank you sir! But upload it somewhere else because they wont let me dl it ." Sorry, There are no surveys available to your
    country at this time. Please try back later"

THe only problem that I am having is the dismounted faces aren't showing up. Beyond that the only thing that makes me sad with the new archers, there are only 90 of them on large! Haha, they own face though. Right now I took over all of England, and started into France. I really think you should get rid of the heavy horsemen, forgot the name, as Wales didn't really have the terrain to support them. I dunno there is just something about those spearmen and the shield wall that I love about wales. I was trying to see what other units you could implement, and having a really hard time. I really would love to see another archer unit (like sherwood) with a really high ranged attack, good stamina, high armor (think of semi-plate, was common in late period in England as archers looted plate pieces off of dead frenchman) with a decent melee stat, that could hide in any terrain. As you know wales really made great use of the longbow and spears. Just an opinion though! I love me some longbowmen!

Strange about the faces, they should be on there? As you can see from the screen shots, they were there when I created them.
    You can alter the number of units in the export_descr_unit file if you want there to be more.
    The reason for the heavy horse is simply that I would assume they'd have them once they'd reconquored most of England and they are basically a hybrid from the horse breeding grounds of Powys and the heavier armour of Gwent/Glamorgan. They don't appear until late in the game.
    I haven't really looked into more spear units as it's well covered in the game. An archer, ambush type unit could be good but it'd have to sacrifice plate armour for 'mobility' and 'hide anywhere' or have plate armour and fight in the main body of the army. Perhaps there's room for more than one new archer unit.

I'll try uploading to filefront when I get some time. Possibly this weekend.
    Last edited by colesy606; February 04, 2010 at 10:54 AM.

Colesy, I know it makes sense! Don't worry about the spears, you have them covered (Love all the shield walls!). Was just an idea about the hiding archers. Just would love to flank some franks with a 13dmg missile longbowmen! You could always skin them like you did the new archers, give em mail, ranged dmg of 13, maybe 10 defense, increase their range, unit size of 45 (large). Just an idea, I really appreciate everything you have done. I do enjoy the horsemen, and they make total sense, just would love to see a real long range longbow unit that I could have 2 of in a battle and flank the heck out of the poor opposition.

Hey, Colesy606,

First, my hat's off to anyone who can create a full-on mod like this. I'm more or less an idiot when it come to modding, so I hope my comments don't sound too moronic. :-)

I was wondering if there's a retrofit mod that lets you handle reinforcements the way that Kingdoms does. While all the other factions are cool and such, that's the thing I miss the most when going back to M2 after playing Kingdoms.

Thanks!

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Can some1 upload hoseat pls ?

I modified the unit stats, names, and descriptions, and now the mod won't start; it immediately crashes. Does it allow for any changes to the files?

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Srsly guys anyone can t upload hotseat on filefront or smth ? Thanks !

colesy606 would you be so kind as to help a technologically inept individual out? The individual being me.
    I seem to be getting the same problem that a lot people have received with the whole error message coming up when attempting to start the grand campaign. I deleted the map.rwm and tried reinstalled the patch a couple times (as you mentioned it was quite condensed) yet I still receive the message.
    Here is my system.log if would help:
    16:31:46.723 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:31:46.723 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:31:46.728 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:31:46.729 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:31:46.730 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:31:46.731 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:31:46.731 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:31:46.732 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:31:46.739 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:31:46.739 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    16:31:46.740 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:31:46.741 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    16:31:46.745 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:31:46.749 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    16:31:46.750 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    16:31:46.750 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:31:46.750 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/retrofit/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:31:46.752 [system.rpt] [error] Another instance of Medieval 2: Total War is already running. This instance of Medieval 2 will now exit

If it's too much trouble don't bother yourself with this, the unmodded version is still awesome, I was just in need of a little more immersion, especially in regards to the diplomacy. Thank you for any help you can manage. And cheers!

Last edited by Zenithar; February 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM.